hands free / blue tooth / won't hang up after the call ends
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, hands free / blue tooth / won't hang up after the call ends in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello, New Cadillac owner here. 2010 CTS Luxury Package - I noticed a few times after I end my hands ...
    kevin brandt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

hands free / blue tooth / won't hang up after the call ends

Hello,

New Cadillac owner here. 2010 CTS Luxury Package - I noticed a few times after I end my hands free call, the display screen continues to show the phone is in use. I push the "hang up" button on the screen and nothing happens. I can listen to the audio function but I cannot see the station (or the setting - xm, am, fm, etc..) I can manually scroll through channels but I cannot see them because the screen thinks the phone is still in use.

Anybody have a clue why this might be happening and how to fix the problem?

Thank you,

Kevin

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Re: hands free / blue tooth / won't hang up after the call ends

This was an occasional problem with my 2008 CTS. Only solution was to shut off the car completely, wait a few minutes, and restart – and that didn't always work unless the shutoff period was lengthy (i.e., overnight). Complained to the dealer and they seemed to be unaware, wanted me to leave the car while they tinkered with it but it wasn't worth the time to me so it was never fixed. Has not been a problem with my 2011.

Thanks Judge. That is what I'm noticing...almost like the system reboots itself after the ignition has been turned off for awhile. I wasn't sure if there were some kind of updates for the computer through onStar or something.

Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

Having similar problems with my 2013......to include pushing the steering wheel button to answer the calls....

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin brandt View Post
    Hello,

New Cadillac owner here. 2010 CTS Luxury Package - I noticed a few times after I end my hands free call, the display screen continues to show the phone is in use. I push the "hang up" button on the screen and nothing happens. I can listen to the audio function but I cannot see the station (or the setting - xm, am, fm, etc..) I can manually scroll through channels but I cannot see them because the screen thinks the phone is still in use.

Anybody have a clue why this might be happening and how to fix the problem?

Thank you,

Kevin
    Hi Kevin,

Congratulations on the CTS purchase. I hope you are enjoying it aside from this Bluetooth concern. Have you contacted your selling dealer about this issue? I would be happy to look in to it for you if you could PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader View Post
    Having similar problems with my 2013......to include pushing the steering wheel button to answer the calls....
    Hi Panzer Leader,

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Bluetooth and I can see how it would be frustrating. If you would like to PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information, I would be happy to discuss this with you further.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Austin, thank you.

please send me a PM - I could not locate you in the directory...nothing populated with "Austin J."

damcck is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have the same problem, I thought it was just me being picky. I glad im not going crazy.
    2011 CTS coupe premium-NAV. with iPhone 5 ios7.
    Not every time but maybe 30% of the time the screen still phones phone call and will not disconnect but the music plays after the other end hangs up. But im still looking at a screen asking me to hang up. after about 10 hangup presses and 1 minute of waiting it finally goes back to the radio.

I too also sometimes experience the phone ringing and dash under the speedo shows the incoming number but the pick-up phone button will not work and after several rings the pickup phone option finally shows on the screen then i can pick up.

I am hoping GM will come out with a software upgrade to address this issue, I dont believe a dealer "looking" at will solve anything as it seems to be a intermittent problem that more then likely be fixed with a update.

00 ss is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

I've never seen this. Is it an iPhone thing maybe? I have android. Anybody have this issue with an android phone?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by damcck View Post
    I have the same problem, I thought it was just me being picky. I glad im not going crazy.
    2011 CTS coupe premium-NAV. with iPhone 5 ios7.
    Not every time but maybe 30% of the time the screen still phones phone call and will not disconnect but the music plays after the other end hangs up. But im still looking at a screen asking me to hang up. after about 10 hangup presses and 1 minute of waiting it finally goes back to the radio.

I too also sometimes experience the phone ringing and dash under the speedo shows the incoming number but the pick-up phone button will not work and after several rings the pickup phone option finally shows on the screen then i can pick up.

I am hoping GM will come out with a software upgrade to address this issue, I dont believe a dealer "looking" at will solve anything as it seems to be a intermittent problem that more then likely be fixed with a update.
    Hello damcck,

I apologize that you are experience this concern with your CTS intermittently as well. If you do decide that you would like a dealership to look further into this so we can get this documented within our system, we would be happy to set up an appointment. Please feel free to private message me if you would like my assistance.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by kevin brandt View Post
    Austin, thank you.

please send me a PM - I could not locate you in the directory...nothing populated with "Austin J."
    Hello Kevin,

I sent you a private message, please let me know if you don’t receive it. Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I just got my coupe a month ago so I dont have any history if this has less issues with older iphones and ios.

deovindice is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS 3.6l Premium

Having same problem with my 2011 CTS using a Samsung Galaxy S4 active with ATT service. I thought maybe it was because the person I had called prior to problem didnt hang up their phone. (Elderly Parents). So I called them back just to make sure they did hang up their phone. Problem cleared. SO I dont know if calling the same number back fixed it or just luck. To make the call I had to take my phone off bluetooth and call from the phone itself. Try this option and let me know if it resets yours the next time it happens.

I would do it in my car but after only having it for just one and half weeks I noticed a BAD leak at the back of the sunroof. I took it to the dealership (primarily deals with Chevrolets) on that day which happened to be a Saturday. Here it is Friday and they had to send it to another dealership that specializes in Cadillacs and they are not going to be able to look at it until Wednesday. So far they know they will replace the headliner. Still trying to find out why it leaked also. So I have only had my car for 1-1/2 weeks and it has been gone for 1 week. OUCH! I want my car back. Missing all that free Sirius and Onstar. I havent decided if I want to renew the onstar so I was hoping the more I could use it the better my decision will be.

Any thoughts on if I should extend the Onstar contract?? I have navigation on my phone and of course the car so I cant see where i would use their help on that. If I break down I have the cell phone..I mean what else do they offer that a phone doesnt offer? I am highly technical so I know how to find things through the use of the phone..I like the remote start and the use of the app on the phone for information etc.. But is it worth the $200/yr?? Please advise..

I finally got a video of the issue, any suggestions of how I can upload it. Maybe a generic file hosting site?

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Or just upload it to YouTube, and post the video link here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.