Warranty Concerns on 2010 Model
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Warranty Concerns on 2010 Model in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hey guys, this is a request for advice on any issues to be addressed with the 2010 model year CTS. ...
    nate b is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS 3.0L

Warranty Concerns on 2010 Model

Hey guys, this is a request for advice on any issues to be addressed with the 2010 model year CTS. I know the options vary greatly, so I won't get into all the details about my vehicle setup other than the standard options, but I am nearing the termination of the standard factory warranty period and wanted to benefit from any suggestions of possible issues I should address with my dealer before it runs out. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

J Bubba is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX Sport, 2008 CTS

Re: Warranty Concerns on 2010 Model

The dealer is only going to address what you say needs repairs. So if all is ok now, not much you can do. They will likely tell you to do one of the 150 point inspections for a fee, and if they find something then ok, but typically if you don't think something is wrong nothing is wrong. If you're concerned and the vehicle has needed work in the past, buy the extended warranty now for piece of mind. If it's been good to you and reliable, enjoy your CTS and don't sweat it.

nate b is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS 3.0L

Thanks J Bubba. Haven't had any issues and the car is at 30k miles. Just wanted to hear about any trouble spots from other owners. Been trying to make a decision on the extended warranty but as of late I'm thinking of just skipping it and rolling the dice. I only put about 7k-8k worth of miles on it per year and I live in TX so not much wear and tear.

DarienA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6

Just had my 2010 in for an oil change and filter replacement and the service host (not sure what the correct term is for those folks) volunteered that they rarely see problems with my year the biggest issue being that sunroof equipped ones occasionally have sunroof drainage issues so they always make sure they clean that area. Mine is garage kept so she said I'd probably never see that issue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.