Potential owner needing help - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Potential owner needing help in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I am hoping to drive my new CTS home next weekend. Looking at ones with around 50,000 miles. What kind ...
    jungy4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe AWD Performance

Re: Potential owner needing help

I am hoping to drive my new CTS home next weekend. Looking at ones with around 50,000 miles. What kind of common issues should I watch out for? What major maintenance/issues should I expect from 50,000 to 100,000 miles?

jungy4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe AWD Performance

Anyone with input?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Major maintenance issues are not there. Sure, they all have problems, but just grab that brass ring in life and hope you get a keeper. Not much more can be said. Some folks have gotten a POS, and some have gotten great vehicles. Just like life, hit or miss. Go seize the day.

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

Buy my 2010 CTS Premium edition with 31K miles 3.6 with all optiions!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380923809461...#ht_162wt_1361

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by jungy4 View Post
    Anyone with input?
    I`ll repeat my previous input, buy lower miles

PCCTS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jungy4 View Post
    Anyone with input?
    Been watching and reading your thread. The input here is great! We were in the same position as you. We have GM vehicles and have owned a Escalade before. We have a great Caddy dealer here so it made t he decision a little easier for ys. Given where we live, the AWD was a must. We were looking for a car that could also give us good gas mileage, our kids took the grandkids and moved to Tucson, so the 2000 mile trip would not work out well driving our H2. We entertained the Subaru WRX, but the Caddy styling is awesome! We pulled the trigger on a 2009 3.6 AWD with 52K last Wednesday and are thrilled with the car! Carfax are great before purchasing, we found out it was bought at our Cadillac dealer and then sold 4 years later as a certified Cadillac. The second owner only had it for a year and 8000 miles. I called the s r rice manager at Cadillac to see if all routine maintenance had been perform ed and recalls addressed. He stated that both owners were extremely meticulous with the car. All I can say is do your homework and a little leg work, and you can find a great car!

Douglas Rome is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-4 3.0 Base sedan 2nd owner bought used 22Kmi

Please take this in the spirit it is said, I'm not being disrespectful. When I hear people say they want
    a car that gets good gas mileage and then go out and buy a 50K$ car makes absolutely no sense to me.
    My S-I-L just bought a new Lincoln and brags up the great gas milage. If you want gas mileage buy a
    $20k little Chevy, not a $50K Lincoln or Cadillac. thanks, douglas

PCCTS4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Rome View Post
    Please take this in the spirit it is said, I'm not being disrespectful. When I hear people say they want
    a car that gets good gas mileage and then go out and buy a 50K$ car makes absolutely no sense to me.
    My S-I-L just bought a new Lincoln and brags up the great gas milage. If you want gas mileage buy a
    $20k little Chevy, not a $50K Lincoln or Cadillac. thanks, douglas
    Douglas,

First off let me say that mileage is all relative. We drive a Hummer H2 that I get at best 11.5 miles on the highway. We also have a Honda Goldwing that gets 45 miles to the gallon. Given the fact that we want to do travel in style and be able to navigate the winters here in Park City, the Cadillac was the best option for us with the great gas mileage that it gets, again compared to ou H2. There is a reason why we all chose Cadillacs, style and comfort or at the top of the list . No disrespect intended or implied and none taken.

BRP1616 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS AWD Sedan performance
    Great discussion, we came from a VW Jetta TDI to a 2011 CTS Awd. Loved the TDI, but at 6'3",it was a little tight. We liked the 50 plus miles per gal and reliability, but we are in a time of our life (retirement) that we want a little more comfort :-)

arachnyd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

I've got a BMW and a Caddy right now, and let me tell you- Caddy is more than 10x cheaper to maintain. I think it will be the same cost or less than an acura. In fact, the 2nd gen caddy doesn't have anything that seems overly quirky or expensive to maintain. I loved our BMW, but once I got the caddy I don't think I can go back.

With that being said, from a mechanical standpoint, its a chevy.

Go 3.6 DI (there is also a 3.6 non di). RWD will be much more fuel efficient, much cheaper to insure, and much cheaper to maintain. Frankly with the traction control on this thing, I wouldn't even think much about an AWD even if I still lived in upstate NY! (Snowiest place in the country), but to each their own. My dad got AWD on his XTS because cost isn't a concern to him, but it sounds like it is to you! (In fact, he switched from Mercedes to Caddy after seeing my experience with my CTS!)

Every car has its potential "problems". There doesn't seem to be any major

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Douglas,
    Not all owners are original owners...some are second, third, etc owners. So not all of us paid $50K for the car. I personally let somebody else take the big hit in driving the car off the lot for the first time. I can't see the excuse that if somebody can afford a more expensive car, that the engineers get the opportunity to slack off on the engineering aspect. I want an engineer to try to hit the goal of designing / engineering / building a luxury car, but also pay attention to the details of getting the best gas mileage out of the vehicle as well. I'm all grown up and now I can afford a nicer ride. I see no reason to become wasteful in the process.

Just my opinion

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.