2010 door lock issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2010 door lock issue in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; HI guys, need some advice, my son just bought a used (40K) CTS 2010, within the last few weeks, his ...
    turbomangt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

2010 door lock issue

HI guys, need some advice, my son just bought a used (40K) CTS 2010, within the last few weeks, his drivers door doesn't open with all the other doors. with the fob key, they all lock fine, but on occasion when he unlocks the doors, the drivers door will not open, frustrating as hell having a nice car like this and you have to get in through the passenger side when this occurs. The dealers says perhaps the window actuator? although they told me it has to malfunction when he brings it in, problem is its on and off. has this been an issue with other cars? or are we just lucky? any help appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sandcracker21 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI
    Something similar happened to mine. I have the keyless access and the driver side door stop responding to both that and the fob. I had to use the actual physical key to open it. I ended up getting a fixed at the dealership, some module in the door broke but it was under warranty

illbethere1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 3.6 cts, 2011 AWD coupe cts

Re: 2010 door lock issue

The fob battery usually holds a suffient charge for about 2 yrs before it starts to glitch affecting the locks dependant on use of course. The actuators are a culprit also which cost about $250 to replace per.

so we will change the battery and try that first, good suggestion

CTS-AWD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4

It is probably the door microswitch that failed. I have this problem with my front passenger door that can now be only opened from the interior handle. When I pull on the outside handles I can hear the doors unlocking but it is not possible to open that door. There are 2 microswitches per door, one that locks/unlosks the doors and the other one operate the door actuator.

Can you educate me on the difference a micro switch and an actuator? or are they the same?

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomangt View Post
    Can you educate me on the difference a micro switch and an actuator? or are they the same?
    Google it.

One is a switch.

One is an actuator

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.