2011 CTS Coupe REGRET!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By C&C
  • 1 Post By MotownPimp
  • 2 Post By gohawks63
  • 3 Post By Kstafford
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2011 CTS Coupe REGRET! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Let me start with a positive note here i am a GM fan! I only buy GM....But maybe no more. ...
    Kstafford is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts performance awd

2011 CTS Coupe REGRET!

Let me start with a positive note here i am a GM fan! I only buy GM....But maybe no more. Okay so Looking for a sporty luxury coupe AWD that is a GM product so....oh yeah one option. A very nice option at that black on black sport package 23,000 lease immaculate condition $27,000 later and i am driving. I have had this car for 2 months and it has been in for repairs twice already... First off the drivers window barely makes it up to close and if the car is not running it wont. Also the weatherstrip on the front edge of the window whistles me a note around 70 mph that i can push my finger against to stop awesome feature so to the dealership i go. They fixed the window issue but no dice on the weatherstrip. Week later try to put my parents in the back to go to dinner and the power seat button on the back of the top of the seats will not work on either side. After dinner backing out of my spot i get a "service parking assist" for my ride home!! Back to the dealer for a new parking sensor and a replaced fuse. Now i am a electrician by trade so i said did you locate the short in the wiring? "YES" OK good still they did not acknowledge my weatherstripping issue. They had to remove the rear bumper and whoever put it back on broke a couple of the push pins and apparently didn't want to replace them so now the bumper jiggles around on one corner. So yesterday my wife and i drove out to see some friends and go out to dinner. I moved a bag from the back seat to the trunk to make room for our friends. When i lift up the trunk a good cup of dirty water drains out of the plastic shield that covers the hinge arm on the right side and lands on the wife's white wool coat of course. The cherry on top of all of this is when going to move the seats forward you guessed it blown fuse again. So back to the dealer i go now for The bumper they messed up the seat switch circuit that they obviously just replaced the fuse on and did not fix and the new water feature in the trunk, maybe even the whistling weatherstripping but most likely NOT!!! As a side note have a 2010 Malibu Lt that i have logged 75,000 miles on NOT a single issue.

I love my GM's but my money may go overseas on the next go round.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Re: 2011 CTS Coupe REGRET!

Quote Originally Posted by Kstafford View Post
    Your choice of course; sounds like someone else traded in their 'troublesome' vehicle and you bought it. These niggling problems can probably be finally fixed (depending on how good your dealer is); if it's immaculate, and otherwise driving terrifically, it still might be a 'keeper'. Good luck.

p.s. (know it's just a typo) but I sure hope your new car didn't emasculate you (see above, in your original text); now that would be problematic.
    p.p.s. It's not unknown to hear that your overseas' vehicle yielding similar problems; toss of the dice (sometimes).
    angelbones, Tbbt and Kstafford like this.

fixed the spelling issue thanks it was a low mile lease of a retired fire fighter he gets a new one every 2 years i do love the rest of it but dam these gremlins are killing me!

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

You put two adults in the back seat on two different occasions? Gasp. Either midgets or very flexible people!

(I'm a Coupe owner but, man, that back seat is small & tough to access)
    mnmjack likes this.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownPimp
    You put two adults in the back seat on two different occasions? Gasp. Either midgets or very flexible people! (I'm a Coupe owner but, man, that back seat is small & tough to access)
    Agree. I wouldn't subject anyone to that back seat.
    EVH5150 and mnmjack like this.

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Lol! My ten & six year old boys love my back seat they say its like being in a cool space ship. Hearing things like that sure make me miss being a kid. Children seem to find the good in everything.

----------

Hang in there my friend you have a truly unique car and it would be a shame to give up on it now. I am certain your luck will change with this car as I also have a 2011 Coupe that has been an absolutely perfect vehicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstafford View Post
    Let me start with a positive note here i am a GM fan! I only buy GM....But maybe no more. Okay so Looking for a sporty luxury coupe AWD that is a GM product so....oh yeah one option. A very nice option at that black on black sport package 23,000 lease immaculate condition $27,000 later and i am driving. I have had this car for 2 months and it has been in for repairs twice already... First off the drivers window barely makes it up to close and if the car is not running it wont. Also the weatherstrip on the front edge of the window whistles me a note around 70 mph that i can push my finger against to stop awesome feature so to the dealership i go. They fixed the window issue but no dice on the weatherstrip. Week later try to put my parents in the back to go to dinner and the power seat button on the back of the top of the seats will not work on either side. After dinner backing out of my spot i get a "service parking assist" for my ride home!! Back to the dealer for a new parking sensor and a replaced fuse. Now i am a electrician by trade so i said did you locate the short in the wiring? "YES" OK good still they did not acknowledge my weatherstripping issue. They had to remove the rear bumper and whoever put it back on broke a couple of the push pins and apparently didn't want to replace them so now the bumper jiggles around on one corner. So yesterday my wife and i drove out to see some friends and go out to dinner. I moved a bag from the back seat to the trunk to make room for our friends. When i lift up the trunk a good cup of dirty water drains out of the plastic shield that covers the hinge arm on the right side and lands on the wife's white wool coat of course. The cherry on top of all of this is when going to move the seats forward you guessed it blown fuse again. So back to the dealer i go now for The bumper they messed up the seat switch circuit that they obviously just replaced the fuse on and did not fix and the new water feature in the trunk, maybe even the whistling weatherstripping but most likely NOT!!! As a side note have a 2010 Malibu Lt that i have logged 75,000 miles on NOT a single issue.

HA HA yep there smaller and actually insisted on going back there. But anyway there is a lot to love about the performance aspect like the exit ramp i took at 65 mph this morning with no protest from any part of the car. It corners like its on rails!!!!
    C&C, MotownPimp and EVH5150 like this.

leroy_ctscoupe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

Man sorry to hear you've had nothing but issues with your CTS Coupe.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Sorry to hear about your issues. It may be of little consolation for you personally, but I see few posts on here from coupe owners with a lot of problems. Could be that you have one of the rare "more problems than average" vehicle. On a bright note, your coupe will continue to get you compliments. Just today, some stranger told me how fast my car looks sitting still. Always nice to hear compliments which I've been getting for my coupe the last two years. Certainly the problems can be annoying and luckily you're still under warranty (I assume), but you can't beat the compliment factor that the CTS coupe has.

wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
    Sorry to hear about your issues. It may be of little consolation for you personally, but I see few posts on here from coupe owners with a lot of problems. Could be that you have one of the rare "more problems than average" vehicle. On a bright note, your coupe will continue to get you compliments. Just today, some stranger told me how fast my car looks sitting still. Always nice to hear compliments which I've been getting for my coupe the last two years. Certainly the problems can be annoying and luckily you're still under warranty (I assume), but you can't beat the compliment factor that the CTS coupe has.
    LOL, me too unfortunately...even the state troopers "looks" at me!... This weekend I was traveling up state PA (tagged a blk Coupe AWD, too) and every trooper I saw gave me the long stare! lol

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I too love my coupe, but it has been in the shop almost as much as I have had it and it only just turned 7,000 miles. These aren't squeak and rattle problems either, although at the two year mark they are starting to appear. After 4 CTS' I have lost the enthusiasm I have had. It has become merely transportation. I'm about to try a new dealer but that won't cure the new problems.

wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    I too love my coupe, but it has been in the shop almost as much as I have had it and it only just turned 7,000 miles. These aren't squeak and rattle problems either, although at the two year mark they are starting to appear. After 4 CTS' I have lost the enthusiasm I have had. It has become merely transportation. I'm about to try a new dealer but that won't cure the new problems.
    A 2yr old car with 7000 miles!!! Are you the little ol lady that only drives her car to the grocery store i've been hearing about?! Or, is it that BAD?!!! (just having fun witcha)

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    Hi C “T” ess,

I apologize for these persistent concerns and the difficulties you have experienced in trying to resolve them. I see you are looking to head to a new dealership, if you would like some additional assistance in working with the dealership, please feel free PM me you VIN, dealership of choice, and contact information.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

Well, as another owner of a 2011 CTS Coupe, I'd have to say I've been relatively happy with mine. As I've owned the car a while and put more miles on it, I've definitely had my share of little problems crop up -- but thankfully no really big ones that prevented me from driving safely from one point to another.

So far, my "problem list" has consisted of:

- Front driver seat squeaks when the car goes over ruts in the road (worse in cold weather). Going to ask the dealer to look at this one next time I'm in for an oil change.
    - Sunroof developed a rattle in the rear part of its assembly. (Repaired on the last service visit.)
    - Service Stabilitrack message started appearing on dash. (Bad wheel hub sensor replaced on the last service visit.)
    - Plastic trim piece around the door locking mechanism in the door-jamb on the driver's side cracked and started coming loose. (Replaced on the last service visit.)
    - USB port in the center compartment broke; plastic tab inside it came out, making the port non-functional. (Replaced on the last service visit.)
    - LCD pop-up display makes loud squeals/squeaks when going up and down on cold or hot days. (Serviced on two separate occasions and seems better now, but has still done it a few random times.)
    - Center stack has no power when starting car, only randomly on rare occasions. (Serviced last time car was in the shop, but happened at least once since then. Rare enough that I'm just going to live with it!)

Other than that, I wore out a set of front tires and am now about to need a new rear set, and brake pads are getting to where they'll need replacing. Nothing else really notable.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.