Wet Wet Wet
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Wet Wet Wet in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hey all, Wanted to post a major issue we've discovered with our 2008 CTS4. We bought this car as a ...
    cleancarz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wet Wet Wet

Hey all, Wanted to post a major issue we've discovered with our 2008 CTS4. We bought this car as a used car last Sept and since day one we've had issues with the rear door locks not consistently unlocking using either the fob or door button. And the car has always had a consistent musty smell. So after the last few days of hard rain that smell had gotten to the point that I went looking for the cause and boy was I surprised with what I found. The truck bottom had 3 1/2 of water and as I looked further, I started looking in the back seat area and pulled out the seat bottom to find more water, rust and what looks like mold.
    Any suggestions as to where to look for what might be causing this much water to enter both the trunk and back seat area.
    As far as I know the car has never been in a collision
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Sunroof? If yes.

Look there.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: Wet Wet Wet

Moon roof drains are clogged or damaged.

Kraminator75 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS-4 AWD 3.6L DI

Just an idea here...I previously own a 02 Range Rover and was out one day with some friends offroading...Not to get to far into story, but ended up sinking it into a mud hole a little deeper than I anticipated...Water past the doors, inside got flooded and shorted out all the electrical...Truck was total loss...I called my insurance and had told them what happened...Well, told them I ended up wading through a some standing water while on my travels...Any event, they covered my loss under flood damage...No questions...Maybe this is something that can be used here???..Just seems like a awful lot of water damage being done to these cars due to some bad sunroofs...And standing water over time can cause damage(electrical, interior, mold, etc)...I figure I just throw that out there...Oh, and for you moral police, that is why we pay insurance...Not suggesting scamming, but if ones insurance has some sort of clause, such as water(flood)damage, why not use it : )

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

For some reason, the sunroof drain tubes become clogged or misaligned with the generation II CTS's. This can be corrected with the proper alignment of the drains or passing a wire down to clean them out. Once dried out, it should clear up the electrical issues. Good luck!

P.S.--It's common with other brands of cars, too. In my area (urban), there is a tech who goes from brand to brand to do the sunroof drain repairs, and if under warranty, it will be covered by Caddy. The Service Writer told me they schedule anyone with such issues in advance by calling the tech who specializes in this sort of repair (scheduling his availability) and the work is covered by the GM Warranty.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

I have read about the taillight/third eye brake light leaking. Remove, caulk it and replace.
    loosend likes this.

Douglas Rome is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-4 3.0 Base sedan black/black

the OP hasn't replied back, possibly got rid of the car? I wonder why some
    folks join these type forums ask one question and then never to be heard
    from again? He took nice pictures too bad he left the forum, we need more
    people who can and will navigate posting photos. thanks, douglas

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Rome
    the OP hasn't replied back, possibly got rid of the car? I wonder why some folks join these type forums ask one question and then never to be heard from again? He took nice pictures too bad he left the forum, we need more people who can and will navigate posting photos. thanks, douglas
    Just a guess but most probably do that because they got their answer quickly and that's all they were looking for...shame.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    Just a guess but most probably do that because they got their answer quickly and that's all they were looking for...shame.
    This is my "pet peeve" on this forum and is why I'm anal about asking new members to take the time to search. UGH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt
    This is my "pet peeve" on this forum and is why I'm anal about asking new members to take the time to search. UGH!!!
    Agreed...I truly hate the repetitive threads.

Cashr22 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 cadillac cts coupe and a 2004 retro bird
    Both of you need to chill out and have some fun , life is to short to worry whether or not some one does a search. Get a life OK

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashr22
    Both of you need to chill out and have some fun , life is to short to worry whether or not some one does a search. Get a life OK
    Just getting his post counts up, doesn't even own a caddy. No worries or good info.

Quote Originally Posted by dreiloft
    Just getting his post counts up, doesn't even own a caddy.
    Really dude? This IS a Cadillac owners AND enthusiasts forum. As I've said before, I have always had and always will have a love for Cadillacs, which is why Ive owned three. I can give two craps about my count posts and even less so about what you have to say. I plan on continuing to contribute here and am planning on trading off my car soon for another Caddy anyway so get over yourself.
    gohawks63 likes this.

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83
    Really dude? This IS a Cadillac owners AND enthusiasts forum. As I've said before, I have always had and always will have a love for Cadillacs, which is why Ive owned three. I can give two craps about my count posts and even less so about what you have to say. I plan on continuing to contribute here and am planning on trading off my car soon for another Caddy anyway so get over yourself.
    If you can't afford to live with the big dogs stay on the the porch. Have you read your posts? Yes, yes, agree!

cleancarz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Hey all, thanks for all the great reply's still haven't figured out the why to all the water in the back seat and trunk quite yet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.