Hi guys!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Hi guys! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I've been away from the caddy scene for a bit ever since I sold my 2004 cts. Picked up a ...
    CADILLAC4LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CADILLAC CTS 2008 DI

Hi guys!

I've been away from the caddy scene for a bit ever since I sold my 2004 cts.
    Picked up a infiniti m45, really nice elegant and fast car but the truth is I'm a cadillac man and have been missing my cts.
    So I'm thinking of getting back in with a 2008 cts DI. Apparently it is fully loaded with all the options that caddy had to offer that year.
    It's a private sale that I got him down to $11000, it has 169,000 km
    Kind of high I know but looks like it's been well taken care of.

Recent work that's been done:

Water pump
    Software update
    Brakes rotors & pads
    Front wheel hubs
    Timing chain
    Spark plugs and coil pack

All this work done the past two months.
    What does everyone think is it a good deal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Re: Hi guys!

Two random thoughts about this. First, you've probably read or heard of 2008 and 2009 having more "problems" than later model years. That said, you're getting a high mileage car anyway at a low price (you should research other comparables), so your risk is much lower. In other words, since you seem willing to take on a car with such high mileage, I'm sure you can expect some problems regardless of the model year, and I would factor that into my decision. The good thing for you in getting a car at this stage is that the majority of problems that may have occurred, has probably already occurred. Check your Carfax and check maintenance records. Some people are meticulous record keepers which in turn usually means they've maintained their cars well. Not to be cliche but I'd rather buy a one-owner car from the little old lady from Pasadena with 200k miles, than one from a multi-owner, multi-leased vehicle with 80k miles.

Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

169,000km is a little high for my tastes....

appreciate the feedback guys and i know the mileage is a little high for my tastes as well but as angelbones stated most of the problems that occur with this vehicle have already been addressed. So i'm hoping ill be worry free for at least a little while
    I ended up pulling the trigger today and picked her up for $11000, what a beautiful car boy have i missed my caddy

TorCan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 Premium

Don't worry too much, yes that can seem like high mileage... But it is a modern GM vehicle, provided it has been serviced and driven/cared for with a little respect, then it shouldn't encounter too many problems. The thing to keep in mind is that brand new Cadillacs have a relatively high price tag, owners tend to maintain them well and look after them well. Not always of course, but I would take that as a general rule compared to owners of more basic vehicles.

Of course, anyone can get unlucky and a problem can happen from time to time, so you may need deep pockets to fix it, it is a Cadillac after all! If you aren't making a large daily commute with this vehicle, then don't even worry about it.

Good luck with the car and enjoy it!
    PS I see you are from Toronto, so am I... I am also about to take delivery of an '08 CTS4 DI in a couple of weeks, maybe we'll see each other cruising around this summer! Hit me up anytime if you are attending any auto events in the GTA, I'll look out for you.

Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

Congrats and good luck!

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

I hope the car works well for you. It appears to have been well maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by TorCan View Post
    Don't worry too much, yes that can seem like high mileage... But it is a modern GM vehicle, provided it has been serviced and driven/cared for with a little respect, then it shouldn't encounter too many problems. The thing to keep in mind is that brand new Cadillacs have a relatively high price tag, owners tend to maintain them well and look after them well. Not always of course, but I would take that as a general rule compared to owners of more basic vehicles.

Of course, anyone can get unlucky and a problem can happen from time to time, so you may need deep pockets to fix it, it is a Cadillac after all! If you aren't making a large daily commute with this vehicle, then don't even worry about it.

Good luck with the car and enjoy it!
    PS I see you are from Toronto, so am I... I am also about to take delivery of an '08 CTS4 DI in a couple of weeks, maybe we'll see each other cruising around this summer! Hit me up anytime if you are attending any auto events in the GTA, I'll look out for you.
    Good points bud and I agree I think we tend to care for things a little more especially if cost more. Hope the previous owners felt the same :-)
    How much you paying for yours and what's the mileage?
    Hit me up with a pm if you hit any of the car shows.

Panzer leader and hauler I appreciate the good wishes and glad to be back in a caddy!
    Fell in love with them many moons ago when I stepped into my dads 1982 fleet wood ;-)

Wolfster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 3.6DI

Good luck with the car Dude. Looks like a few T.O. guys on this thread, I'm just a little west of you in the burbs.
    CADILLAC4LIFE likes this.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Welcome.

So, who's gonna win the Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Welcome.

So, who's gonna win the Cup?
    the Make Beleafs! hahaha
    I use to be a big fan of toronto maple leafs but stopped watching when i realized the owners don't care about putting a championship team on the floor...and yet every damn game is always sold out...why would they care

Wait! Are we in a time warp? Are you talking about the 70's and Harold Ballard? The same curmudgeon with his trusty sidekick King Clancy, the same greedy I-don't-care s.o.b. who, when the NHL decreed that players' names had to go on the back of their sweater he made them the same blue material so you couldn't read the names so he could sell more programs? Which greedy owners are we talking about again?
    CADILLAC4LIFE likes this.

Hey guys anyone ever experience warm air from vents only on the passenger side and cool air from drivers side? If so what could this problem be ?

There are individual temperature settings on each side for both driver and passenger. No doubt there is your issue. Check the temp settings.

remmyman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS, Sedan,Tuscan Bronze

My drivers side is usually set lower than the passenger side. Wife likes her side warmer. Anyway when this happens I just bump my side up a degree or two and mine will start blowing warm again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.