Hi guys! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Hi guys! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I'd say the tinman's got the answer there. If you try turning up the temp on the drivers side you'll ...
    Wolfster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 3.6DI

Re: Hi guys!

I'd say the tinman's got the answer there. If you try turning up the temp on the drivers side you'll probably find warm air come through.

Quote Originally Posted by CADILLAC4LIFE View Post
    Hey guys anyone ever experience warm air from vents only on the passenger side and cool air from drivers side? If so what could this problem be ?

CADILLAC4LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CADILLAC CTS 2008 DI

Thanks guys but I've had the temp setting on my side all the way up to 31 Celsius but still get cool air?
    The passenger side I set at 31 also and it gets warm but I think it should be getting warmer then it actually does.

oh oh! If that didn't work I'd be taking it in to be checked out right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfster View Post
    oh oh! If that didn't work I'd be taking it in to be checked out right about now.
    Yup I guess I should just wondering if anyone here encountered same problem?
    Did a search but came up empty...

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Blend door may not be moving properly
    tinman likes this.

wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond

Are you letting the car warm up properly? Is this an issue at start-up or operating conditions?

As mentioned the blend door may be it. Perhaps you may have to flush the heater core. Hopefully not, but if you do I found this on our site to help you out...http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ions-pics.html

Thanks for the tips guys. The car is definetly getting warmed up properly. I'm in it right now and the only vents that are getting warm are the passenger side including windshield side of passenger an oddley enough so is the one vent on drivers side closests to the window, it's getting just a tad warm. Wtf?

Driver side foot,windshield and vent beside the volume control is still cool ?

I'm puzzled? Guess a heater back flush might be worth a try do you think? If so what does this typically cost at mechanics?

----------

Sorry in case I wasn't clear when I say the car was getting warmed up properly I meant the engine had been warmed up long enough for it to start throwing out hot air.

wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond

[/COLOR]Sorry in case I wasn't clear when I say the car was getting warmed up properly I meant the engine had been warmed up long enough for it to start throwing out hot air.[/QUOTE]

NO, problemento! I think wolfster's on to something...

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

You only have one heater core, so if one side is getting hot, the heater core isn't blocked. If the blend door is stuck, it will direct the wrong temp to your side. I'd check the blend door first. Often if you have the car warmed up and you turn the engine and all accessories off, you can set the fan to it's slowest speed and change temps and listen for the blend door to move inside the dash. Some are noisy enough to be heard in this case. If you hear it moving for temp adjustments on the passenger side, but not on the driver side, you found the problem.
    CADILLAC4LIFE likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HurstGN View Post
    You only have one heater core, so if one side is getting hot, the heater core isn't blocked. If the blend door is stuck, it will direct the wrong temp to your side. I'd check the blend door first. Often if you have the car warmed up and you turn the engine and all accessories off, you can set the fan to it's slowest speed and change temps and listen for the blend door to move inside the dash. Some are noisy enough to be heard in this case. If you hear it moving for temp adjustments on the passenger side, but not on the driver side, you found the problem.
    Thanks bro I'm going to give this a try and see if I can diagnose something.
    If this is the problem is it something easy enough that I can do?
    If the dealer does is how much would this typically cost.

So I'm at the dealer as we speak. Before arriving here I ran the simple test that hurstgn recommended and with the engine off and car already previously warmed up I could hear the blend door actuator on both sides (driver and passenger) as I kept changing temps.
    So it does seem as though the door blend actuator is working fine. Also the gm dealer mechanic confirmed this now by hooking up the car to the scanner and running some tests and it's seems to be working fine.
    So I'm waiting on them right now to complete a back flush. They don't guarantee it will fix problem but I guess it's worth a shot.
    Over $300 for a back flush i hope this helps.
    The next step would be to get at the heater core which from what they are telling me is a big job. The heater core itself is about $100 but to get at it looks like they have to rip the dash apart.
    Oh I hope I don't have to go down this road as it could end up costing $1000 or more :-(

I hope you don't have to go down that road either Dude. Here's hoping the back flush does the job.
    tinman likes this.

Thanks man I'll keep everyone updated...still waiting here :-)

So back flush didn't resolve anything.
    Damage was $300 and change.
    Looks like it could possibly be the heater core :-/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.