Need help with a part number - front sway bar droplink
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Need help with a part number - front sway bar droplink in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hey guys! I need help finding a part number. I have a broken droplink on my front sway bar. I ...
    DaddyRocket is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Need help with a part number - front sway bar droplink

Hey guys! I need help finding a part number. I have a broken droplink on my front sway bar. I can find all of the parts around it, but not this one. The dealer said they can get one in a few days for $90, which seems very high for a 4" piece of metal with a couple of heim joints. They also wanted almost $400 to fix it. I think not. Anyway, I'd like to compare prices, but they wouldn't give me the part number. It's going to be #4 in the diagram here:

BK08240.gif

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Re: Need help with a part number - front sway bar droplink

Rock Auto/GMpartsdirect/Chris at Rippy Cadillac (he's on this website and contributes a lot as well as his company is a sponsor.)

remmyman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-4, Sedan,Tuscan Bronze

I've done a lot of business with Rock Auto, highly recommended. But since they are an online company you have to wait a few days for the shipment. I haven't changed a sway bar link in my Caddie yet but others have been a simple job. As far as the $90.00 price, that sounds like a typical dealer rip off.

I checked GMpartsdirect, and they have parts 1-3, but don't have the droplink listed.

----------

It's a very easy job. Done that on a number of cars, but you gotta have the part first...

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

[QUOTE=DaddyRocket;12067954]I checked GMpartsdirect, and they have parts 1-3, but don't have the droplink listed.[COLOR="Silver"]

Follow Tinman`s & Remmyman`s advice and visit Rockauto, they list them for $25.00

Quote Originally Posted by 99flhr View Post

Follow Tinman`s & Remmyman`s advice and visit Rockauto, they list them for $25.00
    I did see those, but not the ACDelco part for the AWD, and I'd much prefer to have matching parts. So I guess I'll get two of those and replace both.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRocket View Post
    I did see those, but not the ACDelco part for the AWD, and I'd much prefer to have matching parts. So I guess I'll get two of those and replace both.
    Just a note, GM (ACDelco) doesn't make these parts. Like all auto brands, they purchase parts from certified suppliers and assemble cars in assembly plants. There is no reason to 'match them" unless you feel like spending more of your $$. I haven't seen anyone here that has had to replace this part.

Good Luck, Marv

Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

Do yourself a favor, buy aftermarket improved links.... A little more but problem is solved.....Do both sides (ends) You can get them with improved bushings as well.... Some with grease fittings..... Also, White line makes end locks for the sway bars.... Will give you some additional handling benefits..... All of this improves the OEM sway bar handling characteristics.... Not as good as bigger/adjustable sways, but better than OEM.

2manyhotrods is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ETC coupe.

Needed one for my '99 Eldorado. Ordered it from the GM (He's a Chevrolet Agency) dealer next door to where I
    work.
    Had my Eldorado link by nightfall the next afternoon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.