CPO Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, CPO Question in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Once a Cadillac has been sold as a CPO car I think it's true that the CPO status stays with ...
    deedward is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

CPO Question

Once a Cadillac has been sold as a CPO car I think it's true that the CPO status stays with the vehicle when sold. My question is does the CPO status stay with the car even if the car is traded in at a Cadillac dealer and offered for sale again?

I know that if a CPO BMW is traded in at a BMW dealer that dealer must recertify the car in order to sell it as a CPO car but if resold by individual or a non-BMW dealer the CPO stays with the car.

Just not sure if Cadillacs need to be recertified if they are resold by a Cadillac dealer.

I'm looking at a 2012 CTS Coupe that was sold as CPO last year (according to CarFax) and is being offered for sale again at the same dealer. The salesperson was unable to tell me if it's still certified but is checking on it.

Thanks for any info!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

KnightmareCS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 3.6 Sport Wagon Premium, Crystal Claret Tintcoat

Re: CPO Question

An easy way to find out is if you can find the car listed on this website: http://www.gmcertified.com/
    If not, it's possible it may or may not be.
    As far as I know, you should be able to go to any dealer and they can print out the information along with the in-service date. The CPO will ADD to the existing factory warranty, not replace it.

-edit-

My bad, just saw it doesn't include Cadillac. I used it for a Chevy.
    Try this:
    http://www.cadillac.com/cpo-adsearch.html

Slee_Stack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Wagon RWD Premium, Used to own 2005 STS 1SG

Re: CPO Question

I bought a used STS from a Ford Dealer.

It was still under CPO warranty from the previous owner. I used the warranty just fine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.