My First Cadillac.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PhotoAuto
  • 1 Post By Dave1442397
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, My First Cadillac. in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; It's a Black on Black with Wood... DI. AWD. Leather, Nav, Heated/Cooled Seats... it's pretty much fully loaded on the ...
    PhotoAuto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

My First Cadillac.

It's a Black on Black with Wood... DI. AWD. Leather, Nav, Heated/Cooled Seats... it's pretty much fully loaded on the inside (except no wood on the steering wheel and shift... we think it's an early production '08), but base on the outside.

We (the boyfriend mechanic and I) got it knowing it had very little service records and with 70k miles on it first thing we did was get it in the shop. What we've done so far: oil change, transmission service w/ filter change, new battery (it died day 3 of owning the car... of course). We are changing out some weather-stripping on the driver door & window seal this week because of wind noise from the window.

LOVE this car... way more luxurious and a cruiser than my last car! Now to find some better wheels... any recommendations?
    DMill likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: My First Cadillac.

That is a beautiful picture
    Congrats, enjoy and welcome to the forum

wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond

Congradulations! Sorry can't help you out with your rims. To me, rims is a like jewelry....its a personal taste. Good hunting! http://www.wayneswheels.net/

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Nice find, and welcome.

Wheels are such an individual choice. Just get some good ones. 18" or 19" are my preference, but as I said, to each his/her own. Be aware of the offset which is 50 mm (actually 51 front and 56 rear technically speaking, but that is minor).

yatesd is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Thunder Gray Chromaflair/Ebony

I have the upgraded 18" chrome wheels and I really like them. That being said, I would be tempted to leave it stock and save the money for a rainy day. IMHO all the Cadillac OEM wheels look decent and would avoid 19" wheels to preserve ride quality.

Kevin2050 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Good call i think

like2drive is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere

Yea, I also though of upgrading my wheels (which are 17" OEM) to 18" OEM...but decided to just keep them. That's a lot of money that I prefer to keep in my wallet

DMill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium

Hi ... and congrats on your new ride! If you have the 17" wheels (which I believe you do) and would like to go to the OEM polished 18's, call around to the local Caddy dealers and see if they have any take offs.
    I did that for a two wheels and got them for $400, including the tire pressure sensors. They would make a nice upgrade. FYI

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoAuto View Post
    It's a Black on Black with Wood... DI. AWD. Leather, Nav, Heated/Cooled Seats... it's pretty much fully loaded on the inside (except no wood on the steering wheel and shift... we think it's an early production '08), but base on the outside.

We (the boyfriend mechanic and I) got it knowing it had very little service records and with 70k miles on it first thing we did was get it in the shop. What we've done so far: oil change, transmission service w/ filter change, new battery (it died day 3 of owning the car... of course). We are changing out some weather-stripping on the driver door & window seal this week because of wind noise from the window.

LOVE this car... way more luxurious and a cruiser than my last car! Now to find some better wheels... any recommendations?
    Welcome. Nice car and great photo.

You probably have a premium edition. There were shortages of the wood steering wheel and shifter early on. My wife's 2008 was the same way.

I see you have the fog lights, those were only on Performance and Premium packages.

Do you have complete keyless start (a turn paddle instead of keyhole on the ignition sw)??

Look on the service parts sticker under the spare wheel well cover for these option codes:

PDQ - premium package
    P75 - 18" painted wheels
    G80 - Limited Slip rear diff

In 2008 Premiums came with 17" wheels but many were ordered with 18s. The correct 18" tire size if you get 18s is 235/50-R18. with a V rating. The 2008-2009 18" wheels are nice - better looking than the 2010-12 ones (we had both). 2007 & earlier and all STS wheels will NOT fit 2008 & later CTS

CTS wheels came in painted finish or bright machined finish. The latter looks very nice especially when cleaned up, almost as bright as chrome. Cadillac has not made a factory chrome wheel for the non-V CTS yet. Any CTS factory wheel that is in chrome was chromed later.

If you want factory wheels in chrome, Check with California Chrome to see if they have an exchange program for your car. They made the wheels for my Fleetwood look better than new!

Cadillac made an accessory 18" chrome wheel, but it was Expensive. Like $750 each expensive. Become friends with your dealer (esp parts) and they might be willing to sell some to you at cost (still $400 or more but better than $750). We finally found a set for the 2011.

There is also the possibility of getting PVD (physical vapor deposition) wheels, which look like Chrome wheels. The dealers will usually exchange your wheels for approx $1000 for a set of 4. But if you have 17" they might be hesitant to exchange for 18" - might want to charge more. It's a different type of coating, looks just like chrome, is lighter, and more resistant to corrosion, but can probably scratch easier and will be ruined by harsh chemical cleaners. Another option to consider. We went with the Chrome accessory wheels - took 3 years to find them at a real decent price.

Pics are Silver 2008 with factory wheel chromed aftermarket. Black 2011 with Cadillac accessory 18" Chrome.

Good luck with the car and welcome to the forums.
    Attached Images

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by yatesd View Post
    I have the upgraded 18" chrome wheels and I really like them. That being said, I would be tempted to leave it stock and save the money for a rainy day. IMHO all the Cadillac OEM wheels look decent and would avoid 19" wheels to preserve ride quality.
    Can you post a pic of your wheels? Do they match the ones on my Black car?

Dave1442397 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 RWD Sport Wagon

Nice car! You should also check to see if your VIN was included in the recall for the timing chain, and if so, check to see if the service was carried out on your car.
    Wolfster likes this.

Wolfster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 3.6DI

I agree with Dave above about checking the vin for timing chain recall. I have the same car as you and checked out my vin to find that I was warranty covered for it for 10 years. That was my biggest concern and it certainly relieved me.

Welcome to the forum.

PhotoAuto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

Thanks everyone for the posts. Looks like I'm going to have to do a little bit more research before I finalize which type of wheels I want. But at least I now have a starting point. Boyfriend's leaning towards 19" as I'm leaning towards the 18" factory wheels. First I think I'll work on finding a spare tire for the car.

I know I'm still covered under the timing chain warranty but had no idea there was a recall so I will definitely look into that.

Thanks again everyone!

----------

My cts actually doesn't have fog lights, but yes it does have the completely keyless start with the turn paddle... It's a nice feature, but gets annoying in certain situations (might have to turn the auto lock off and the honking 3 times to let me know the keys are in the car)

I do have the premium luxury package, but not the performance.

Thanks for the info on the wheels....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.