TPMS sensor Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, TPMS sensor Problem in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello my name is Alex I'm from Hungary in Europe! I have a Europe cadillac cts 3.6L 2008 model and ...
    alex3590 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6L 2008

TPMS sensor Problem

Hello my name is Alex I'm from Hungary in Europe!

I have a Europe cadillac cts 3.6L 2008 model and have some problems with the tpms sensor!
    i ordered a new one from California for the europe model how do i configure it? i tried with this injection turn on and push look/unlock key and after i started from driver side front, passenger side front , passenger rear and last driver rear! all work just the last one what is a new sensor is not recognizing am i doing something wrong?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Re: TPMS sensor Problem

From the 2010 Manual, which is a good resource:

TPMS Sensor Matching Process
    Each TPMS sensor has a unique identification code. Any time you replace one or more of the TPMS sensors or rotate your vehicle's tires, the identification codes need to be matched to the new tire/wheel position. The sensors are matched to the tire/wheel positions in the following order: driver side front tire, passenger side front tire, passenger side rear tire, and driver side rear tire using a TPMS diagnostic tool. See your dealer/retailer for service. The TPMS sensors can also be matched to each tire/wheel position by increasing or decreasing the tire's air pressure. If increasing the tire's air pressure, do not exceed the maximum inflation pressure indicated on the tire's sidewall. To decrease the tire's air-pressure use the pointed end of the valve cap, a pencil-style air pressure gage, or a key. You have two minutes to match the first tire/wheel position, and five minutes overall, to match all four tire/wheel positions. If it takes longer than two minutes, to match the first tire and wheel, or more than five minutes to match all four tire and wheel positions, the matching process stops and you need to start over. The TPMS matching process is outlined below:
    1. Set the parking brake.
    2. Turn the ignition switch to ON/RUN with the engine off.
    3. Press the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter's lock and unlock buttons at the same time for approximately five seconds. The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode and Tire Learning Active message displays on the DIC screen.
    4. Start with the driver side front tire.
    5. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem. Activate the TPMS sensor by increasing or decreasing the tire's air pressure for 10 seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp, which can take up to 30 seconds to sound, confirms that the TPMS sensor identification code has been matched to this tire position.
    6. Proceed to the passenger side front tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
    7. Proceed to the passenger side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
    8. Proceed to the driver side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
    9. After hearing the confirming horn chirp, for the driver side rear tire, the horn sounds two more times to signal the tire learning mode is no longer active. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK/OFF.
    10. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as indicated on the tire and loading information label.
    11. Put the valve caps back on the valve stems.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello Alex and welcome to the forum! We're glad to see that tinman has already given you some helpful tips from the owners manual. If there is any additional assistance we can provide, please feel free to reach out to us. We would be more than happy to connect you with the appropriate groups!

Amber N. (assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

alex3590 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6L 2008

Hello tinman,

thanks for your answer. I just tried this as i wrote but on riverside rear no horn chirp comes..... All other 3 works but on the 4. no horn sound.... I tried 3-4-5 times but nothing! The sensor its new so i don't know some other help or something?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Perhaps contacting the seller of your product would be your first thing to do.

----------

Here is another post on TPMS:

TPMS Reset

1. Set the parking brake.
    2. Turn the ignition switch to ON/RUN with the engine off.
    3. Press the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter & rsquo;s lock and unlock buttons at the same time for approximately five seconds. The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode and Tire Learning Active message displays on the DIC screen.
    4. Start with the driver side front tire.
    5. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem. Activate the TPMS sensor by increasing or decreasing the tire & rsquo;s air pressure for 10 seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp, which can take up to 30 seconds to sound, confirms that the TPMS sensor identification code has been matched to this tire position.
    6. Proceed to the passenger side front tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
    7. Proceed to the passenger side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
    8. Proceed to the driver side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
    9. After hearing the confirming horn chirp for the driver side rear tire, the horn sounds two more times to signal the tire learning mode is no longer active. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK/OFF.
    10. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as indicated on the tire and loading information label.
    11. Put the valve caps back on the valve stems.

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Alex it it a possibility that you received a bad sensor dfor the driver side rear. Try swapping the two rear tires. If your re-learn stops ar the right rear, you know for certain that the sensor in that wheel is bad.

If you have directional tires, you'll have to swap back and re-learn.

Procrastinator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacmike68 View Post
    Alex it it a possibility that you received a bad sensor dfor the driver side rear. Try swapping the two rear tires. If your re-learn stops ar the right rear, you know for certain that the sensor in that wheel is bad.

If you have directional tires, you'll have to swap back and re-learn.
    you could accomplish the same by altering the sequence rather than physically swap tires.
    Fool it into thinking you are at the RR when you are actually at the LR.
    Either way you have to re program when you are done.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.