Considering a +09 CTS...hows the reliability? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Considering a +09 CTS...hows the reliability? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have a 2009 CTS AWD and I have had front and rear wheel bearings replaced, which was still covered ...
    jake2214 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS AWD

Re: Considering a +09 CTS...hows the reliability?

I have a 2009 CTS AWD and I have had front and rear wheel bearings replaced, which was still covered under warranty. Besides the wheel bearings, It has 89K miles and has been running like a champ. I love it!

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)
    There was a mpg bump for 2010

clownin72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    I just picked up a 2010 white diamond premium last week that is replacing my 03. I can only hope for the same reliability out of it that my 03 has given me.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by clownin72 View Post
    I just picked up a 2010 white diamond premium last week that is replacing my 03. I can only hope for the same reliability out of it that my 03 has given me.
    Hello clownin72,

I hope you have been enjoying your ownership experience with your 2010 CTS so far! Continue to enjoy your Cadillac and if you ever have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Acdcpsp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

I have a 2008 CTS4 with the 3.6SFI or non DI engine. I got it with 35k miles and am about to hit 40K. I haven't the car to long but I have no issues with it what so ever. I get 20 mpg on average. AWD drive works great. I don't use any oil, and for the time I had it it's been reliable.

like2drive is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere

I have a 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI. Little over 62k miles. Bought it brand new. Had few issues, but all were taken care under warranty. Engine seems to be pretty reliable - did not get check engine light as yet - and does not use oil. My average fuel economy is ~22.5 mpg. Highway gets me ~28-29 mpg.

matthewsimmons is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Acdcpsp View Post
    I have a 2008 CTS4 with the 3.6SFI or non DI engine. I got it with 35k miles and am about to hit 40K. I haven't the car to long but I have no issues with it what so ever. I get 20 mpg on average. AWD drive works great. I don't use any oil, and for the time I had it it's been reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by like2drive View Post
    I have a 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI. Little over 62k miles. Bought it brand new. Had few issues, but all were taken care under warranty. Engine seems to be pretty reliable - did not get check engine light as yet - and does not use oil. My average fuel economy is ~22.5 mpg. Highway gets me ~28-29 mpg.
    I have the same engine as you two my car was great up until I developed the timing chain problem. Just a heads up to check that oil level bi-weekly (at least) and DO NOT go by the OLM, 5k oil change intervals max. I'm at 3k intervals and still developed this problem.

yatesd is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Thunder Gray Chromaflair/Ebony

I own a 2008 CTS4 3.6DI and haven't had anything major outside of warranty. Right now, about 95K on the odometer. Average about 21-22MPG.

My biggest complaints have been the little stuff, like the lousy seats (noise and solidity), and a few other squeaks. Most recently noticed some wind noise from the sun roof that I need to get checked.

08yfz450 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE, yet...

Hmmmm well I'll probably spend the extra cash and get like an 11-12 so I can have some power train warranty left for a another few years. Thanks everyone

Wolfster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4 3.6DI

That's probably the best move. I have an 08 3.6DI AWD, no problems and the car is a dream to drive. I must admit that I do notice the gas mileage is not that great due to the AWD, but I got it due to the snow around here and it handles just wonderfully in it. I've got the heated/cooled seats, 18" tires with the pano sunroof and is a joy to drive.

Good luck in your quest in finding the right CTS for you. You say you drive a lot, I'm retired now, but I used to also and you will enjoy the way this car handles.

Quote Originally Posted by 08yfz450 View Post
    Hmmmm well I'll probably spend the extra cash and get like an 11-12 so I can have some power train warranty left for a another few years. Thanks everyone

08yfz450 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE, yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfster View Post
    That's probably the best move. I have an 08 3.6DI AWD, no problems and the car is a dream to drive. I must admit that I do notice the gas mileage is not that great due to the AWD, but I got it due to the snow around here and it handles just wonderfully in it. I've got the heated/cooled seats, 18" tires with the pano sunroof and is a joy to drive.

Good luck in your quest in finding the right CTS for you. You say you drive a lot, I'm retired now, but I used to also and you will enjoy the way this car handles.
    I would like to get the awd because I live in western pa and I like the awd on my Subaru. I like the extra mpgs though of the rwd and I'm definitely putting snowtires on it for the winter anyway. plus I have a grand Cherokee I can drive if the snow gets too bad. Ya I'm just ready for a cruiser for work. i like my Subaru but its just too plain inside and noisy. She's guna be a highway cruiser so handling isn't too big a deal. i got a c6 vette for that haha

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.