Bluetooth Streaming?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Bluetooth Streaming? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Took delivery of my 2011 CTS on friday. It has the premium package so I got Nav and everything. I ...
    Sailirish7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium 3.6L V6

Bluetooth Streaming?

Took delivery of my 2011 CTS on friday. It has the premium package so I got Nav and everything. I have noticed that there are no instructions on BT streaming? How is this possible? I can't believe that this thing has all the options it does and DOESN'T have that feature...lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Someone call the whambulance. This has been covered a billion times. The car is still using 2008/09 technology since that's when this gen was introduced. If you'd like a streaming function it will cost you $10. Go on amazon, but a USB Bluetooth audio receiver. Plug it into the USB in the console and the 3.5mm audio cord and pair your ****ing phone.

Note to everyone. Do some due diligence before buying a car, and also do some due diligence before you create a new thread! The search function is fantastic!
    C "T" ess likes this.

Re: Bluetooth Streaming?

Quote Originally Posted by arw1510 View Post
    Someone call the whambulance. This has been covered a billion times. The car is still using 2008/09 technology since that's when this gen was introduced. If you'd like a streaming function it will cost you $10. Go on amazon, but a USB Bluetooth audio receiver. Plug it into the USB in the console and the 3.5mm audio cord and pair your ****ing phone.

Note to everyone. Do some due diligence before buying a car, and also do some due diligence before you create a new thread! The search function is fantastic!

Forgive me, oh great one, for not thoroughly searching the forum before I posted something I thought was humorous about my new ride. CLEARLY i know other solutions exist for this functionality, I was merely poking fun at a luxury sedan made in 2011 that will pair your phone but not let you stream. In the future I shall keep my plebeian humor to myself....

Didn't come off as funny

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Didn't come off as funny
    So you didn't think it was funny. That alone don't require you to be a jerk. You must think everyone who buys a CTS comes here first. I knew my car didn"t have factory BT because of the aftermarket BT control panel on the dash. I found this site long after I got my car and frankly, if I had come here first I may not have got it.

The guy only has 6 post. Give him a little room to error. If your attitude doesn't run him off you will have lots of opportunity to show us how superior you are in the future.

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Monoprice bluetooth music receiver. Best 15 dollars I've spent.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

See? There are helpful posts here.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    See? There are helpful posts here.
    Mine was helpful too..... lol

Mine was helpful too..... lol
    To your ego perhaps...

Slee_Stack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Wagon RWD Premium, Used to own 2005 STS 1SG

An an FYI, my 2011 Audi A4 didn't have BT streaming built in either. Interestingly, Audi did make a USB adapter that included basic playback control functionality. The adapter only worked for non-nav systems though. A little odd.

The generic BT receivers offer streaming only...no info...no track control.

Just warning the OP ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Slee_Stack View Post
    An an FYI, my 2011 Audi A4 didn't have BT streaming built in either. Interestingly, Audi did make a USB adapter that included basic playback control functionality. The adapter only worked for non-nav systems though. A little odd.

The generic BT receivers offer streaming only...no info...no track control.

Just warning the OP ahead of time.
    Thanks for the heads up. Honestly, this isn't a crucial issue for me, I just thought it was amusing. I have a 16GB thumb drive plugged in for all musical needs. If I really want to listen to pandora I can use my auxilary jack, but I make better playlists then they do anyway...

clownin72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Can anyone confirm or deny that the pac nu-cts2 unlocks bluetooth streaming as well on 2010 and up? I emailed them directly and they said it does but would like to know from some that actually have it installed

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Sooo you heard directly from the company that makes the product ... And you still need confirmation?

clownin72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    I would rather hear some confirmation from people that actually use them rather than a salesman just trying to move them out the door
    Mistercoffee2 and Sailirish7 like this.

Slee_Stack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Wagon RWD Premium, Used to own 2005 STS 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by Pdabs View Post
    Sooo you heard directly from the company that makes the product ... And you still need confirmation?
    Do company reps always give accurate info?

Quote Originally Posted by clownin72 View Post
    I would rather hear some confirmation from people that actually use them rather than a salesman just trying to move them out the door
    Personally, I haven't heard that the Pac does this. I'm excited if it does since I have one sitting in a box that I haven't installed yet.

That said, I'd be surprised if it does. Wouldn't that be an advertising point?

All I've read, re BT, is that it just unlocks a menu/keypad.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.