Lincoln MKZ comparison commercial
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CTSCHICK
  • 1 Post By CTSCHICK
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Lincoln MKZ comparison commercial in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Anyone see the new commercial of Lincoln MKZ comparing itself to 2014 Cadillac Sedan? It's the same type of interview ...
    wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond

Lincoln MKZ comparison commercial

Anyone see the new commercial of Lincoln MKZ comparing itself to 2014 Cadillac Sedan? It's the same type of interview commercial when Lincoln compares itself to Lexus but now they're comparing the MKZ to the CTS!!! The ball is in your court Cadillac, what you gonna do?!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: Lincoln MKZ comparison commercial

The people that don't know it is a Fusion will probably fall for it.

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    The people that don't know it is a Fusion will probably fall for it.
    Actually, the 2012 Fusion rental car that I drove to AR at xmas time, because my CTS was being repaired, compared favorably with my newer CTS when it came to interior comfort and ergonometrics. The ride quality could use an upgrade, but the seat comfort and adjustability was better. So were the radio, light, and heater controls, and the mirrors both had blind spot corners. Wind noise was about the same. The gas mileage was 8-10mpg better. More interior storage availability. If they make a wagon and the CTS wagon is discontinued, I would easily consider switching, and I haven't owned a Ford product since my 80 Tbird, 12 new vehicles ago.

The 2014 Fusion design upgrade is a plus, since the 2012 is mediocre at best. I like the fascia of the new fusion more than that of the new CTS. The commercial touts a couple of CTS options are standard on MKZ. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4SpbUVb...%3D4SpbUVbJoSE

Quote Originally Posted by hauler View Post
    Actually, the 2012 Fusion rental car that I drove to AR at xmas time, because my CTS was being repaired, compared favorably with my newer CTS when it came to interior comfort and ergonometrics. The ride quality could use an upgrade, but the seat comfort and adjustability was better. So were the radio, light, and heater controls, and the mirrors both had blind spot corners. Wind noise was about the same. The gas mileage was 8-10mpg better. If they make a wagon and the CTS wagon is discontinued, I would consider switching.

The 2014 Fusion design upgrade is a plus, since the 2012 is mediocre at best. I like the fascia of the new fusion more than that of the new CTS.
    That was kinda my point
    I to would take a Fusion SE or Titanium over the MKZ other than looks and a higher price I see no incentive to pick an MKZ over the Fusion IMO
    tinman likes this.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

I like how they tout the "standard" features then in the small print in the commercial it says "Optional Features Shown".

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Anyone have a brochure showing standard features?

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    I own a 2006 Lincoln mark Lt and an 04 CTS, 04 SRX, and a 12 CTS. Do the vehicles I own prove enough that Cadillac is better? I know everyone has their own opinions but hands down the Cadillacs attention to detail is far superior to my Lincoln. In every way possible. Gaps I between panels inside and out. Leather, door panels, super fake plastic wood in then Lincoln. All cars are fantastic mechanically wise and the truck is an absolute beast.

Now that's back in 06 and the sticker on the fully loaded Lincoln truck was 48k and the escalade was 68. So you can see why I bought it. If I had the money it would be all Cadillacs.

As far as the new Lincolns, when I went to buy the 12 CTS Lincoln wasn't even on the list to check out bc of what I thought about the trucks interior quality. But I was pleased to see that they have gotten better, but neither the mks or mkz impressed me. Their gimmicky features and cheapo looking interior just didn't do it for me.

I'm a bit of a nitpicker so the little things bother me after a while.

But I'll end it like this, if you have the money for the Cadillac you will certainly impressed and never let down, but if you don't, Lincoln isn't a bad option, just don't expect it to be a Cadillac!

That's my 2 cents.

toolman8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1929 Cadillac 341B sedan, CTS4 3.6 Performance Wagon

I really think Lincoln has dropped the ball in a big way. First, all their cars are platform engineered, essentially rebadged Fords. While there are Lincoln loyalists who won't mind, that kind of seems cheap to buyers outside that circle.

Second, they're all based on front-wheel-drive architecture. I know the new flagship (whatever it's called, more on that in a moment) is on the bigger Taurus platform, but even with AWD, there's a FWD car lurking underneath. Maybe that was OK 10 years ago, but not so much today when Cadillac is trotting out competitive rear-wheel-drive cars one after the other.

And finally, what are the new Lincoln models? They're all MK-something. I have no idea what any of them are or what the models mean. Is the MKS or the MKX the MKT or whatever the top-of-the-line model? Only the Navigator has a name. Sadly, I see Cadillac running down that road now, too, and I think it's a problem. I work in the auto industry, I read all the magazines, and I still don't know if the XTS fits above or below the CTS or where the ATS fits in the lineup. They may be great cars, but their identities are being homogenized to the point of not being recognizable and the styling, at least on the A and X are similar enough that they're hard to tell apart.

Lincoln has utterly lost its way in both marketing and product, Cadillac has great product but their branding is muddled. Too late now, I suppose, but if you're trying to copy the Europeans, you're doing it wrong.

BreakingThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium

Predictions:

- Lincoln will trudge on in much the same fashion, never bold enough to make true luxury performance vehicles. The MKC (compact CUV based on Ford Escape) will probably give them a boost, but I see them taking share from Acura, Volvo, and low-end Lexus. Maybe some Caddy. Not any of the Germans, though. It becomes a modern-day Oldsmobile, with Acura as modern Mercury.

- Cadillac will introduce a non-alphanumeric name on the flagship. I've heard rumors of "Fleetwood." Escalade, Caddy's other flagship, has a name, so this one should as well. If they build a coupe/convertible version like the Ciel it should be called Eldorado. For this I am praying.

- Infiniti's Q disaster will scare the industry on alphanumerics. This, combined with high-end and exotic makers using names (Panamera, Ghibili, Vanquish, California, etc. etc.) will eventually lead a trend back to real names. The challenge lies in finding names that are not trademarked. Luckily GM has a rich mine of names to tap. Some names are more timeless than others. Still way too early for stuff like Brougham and Regency to make a comeback, but stuff like Grand National, Eldorado, Chevelle, etc. can come back strong.

Or, of course, I could be 100% wrong.

typo681 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Anyone who knows much about cars knows that the Lincoln MKZ isn't much competition for the Cadillac CTS. The 2008 & 2014 Cadillac CTS both won Motor Trend's Car of the Year. The last time Lincoln won this award was 14 years ago with the 2000 Lincoln LS...

I like to see a Cadillac commercial with some meat on it, besides driving to the moon or coming out of a garage. Are buyers supposed to flock to the dealership for these reasons? We can "SEE" how beautiful the cars are, tell us something we can't see. You got a CUE system, brag about it or show how nice the interiors are (after all, 95% of the time we're sitting IN the car) or options that set Cadillac apart. I really enjoyed the the commercial with the Ferrari and how they got the magnetic ride technology from Cadillac. (that one had meat on it, lol)

Even though I was caught by surprise with Cadillac using a song from the Yeah yeah yeahs
    Most of GM's advertising and commercials are a snore fest leaving you with nothing memorable.
    wcthunder likes this.

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

wcthunder,

Speaking of real "meat" in a Cadillac commercial,
    here are two of my all-time favorites...lol:

Off topic, redundant? Oops, sorry. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by 928S View Post
    wcthunder,

Speaking of real "meat" in a Cadillac commercial,
    here are two of my all-time favorites...lol:

Off topic, redundant? Oops, sorry. Enjoy!
    yes, let's stay on the topic please! that's a little better, my favorite color combination......Red/Brunette! LMAO!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.