2012 Coupe Auto Climate Control
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tbbt
  • 1 Post By tinman
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2012 Coupe Auto Climate Control in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; During my recent long trip in very cold weather, I continually noticed the cabin overheating and uncomfortable. While outside temps ...
    jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

2012 Coupe Auto Climate Control

During my recent long trip in very cold weather, I continually noticed the cabin overheating and uncomfortable. While outside temps were cold, I had to turn the temp down to 70 degrees to get some comfort. Additionally at times, I seem to notice engine odor in the cabin(not at the same time). Switched to recirc to try and remove but was wondering what tests can the dealer perform to ensure climate controls and cabin filters are functioning properly and identify if engine fumes are entering cabin at times?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Re: 2012 Coupe Auto Climate Control

Hmmm. Maybe check the area around your cabin filter. First I would make sure the filter is is good condition. Then I would check to see that it is sealed from engine fumes and only gets outside air. After that I would wait for further posts here on your thread! Could be a blend door issue (a standard answer from me). I say that because maybe it is not allowing fresh air to be tempered with the hot air being sent your way. Dunno.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I would think 70 degrees would be comfortable enough to begin with. I don't know what temp setting you started with but the higher setting could be sucking the moisture out of the interior air thus causing you to be uncomfortable.
    You may want to switch to one of the odor stopping filters if not you are likely to get some outside odors getting to the car.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

The filter is only there to keep debris from entering the Hvac system. Replacing it would be covered under the Cadillac premium care maintenance.
    They can check and or recalibrate the electric actuators that control the blend doors with the Hvac.
    From memory with other GM's and watching my b.f. fix them there should be at least 3 of them.
    blend door for inside/outside air, lower blend, upper blend or upper/lower or something like that.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jghiller View Post
    During my recent long trip in very cold weather, I continually noticed the cabin overheating and uncomfortable. While outside temps were cold, I had to turn the temp down to 70 degrees to get some comfort. Additionally at times, I seem to notice engine odor in the cabin(not at the same time). Switched to recirc to try and remove but was wondering what tests can the dealer perform to ensure climate controls and cabin filters are functioning properly and identify if engine fumes are entering cabin at times?
    Hello jghiller,

I apologize if you were uncomfortable while driving your CTS during your trip. If you choose to work with your dealership, please let us know so we can assist. We can be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

I will discuss with dealer - cabin filter is not very old. Its been replaced and only has less than 6K miles on it. I suspect part of the issue is fatigue that sets in during the 13 hour drive and your internal thermostat so to speak goes haywire. But turning temp down to 70 degrees would normally be too cold during winter months. The issue with the odor is infrequent and all I can have them do is to inspect air flow sealing integrity when in recirc mode that in my thinking would keep out the engine or other surrounding air contaminants.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Each to their own, but how hot do you normally keep your house? 70F seems very cozy to me, but different strokes, I guess.

Don't you wear clothes in your car?
    C "T" ess likes this.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Don't you wear clothes in your car?
    I thought everyone drives nekkid?

"Nearly-naked driver charged with OVI in Geauga County, clocked going 110 mph"

GEAUGA COUNTY, Ohio - "A nearly-naked woman from Hiram was arrested on drunken driving charges after police said she was clocked driving 110 mph.
    According to the Geauga County Sheriff’s Office, 28-year-old Erin Holdsworth would not stop for deputies when they tried to pull her over for speeding, so Stop Sticks were used to take out her driver’s side tires....Deputies arrested Holdsworth and said she was wearing only a fishnet, see-through top, thong underwear and high heels."
    Tbbt likes this.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

So you're saying jghiller wears only a fishnet, see-through top, thong underwear and high heels? Oh, TMI!!

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by HurstGN View Post
    So you're saying jghiller wears only a fishnet, see-through top, thong underwear and high heels? Oh, TMI!!
    Thanks for the visual.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.