Cadillac Owners Forum banner

DVD Audio question

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  tinman 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Im hoping you could help me with this. I have never used my dvd player in my CTS. I finally used it after having my car a year and it will play the dvd fine, but all you hear is snow. Its like a loud digital signal. Anyone have any idea why or how I could fix it???

#6 · (Edited)
Which radio system is installed in your vehicle? Be aware the base radio system in the 2nd gen CTS will not play DVDs at all, the 40GB non-Nav radio system (rpo U2S) will play DVD-A discs but not play DVD-V discs, and the 40GB Nav/Infotainment radio system (rpo UAV) will play both DVD-A and DVD-V discs.

Other: I've discovered that many latest model cars (including the all new 2014 CTS Sedan as well as the upcoming 2015 Lincoln MKC luxury compact SUV that my wife is interested in) will not play DVDs at all... and that is unfortunate.

#8 · (Edited)
Alright.. so try another store-bought DVD audio or video disc to see what happens. If the sound is still all static then something in your infotainment system is broken. Has the audio system's firmware (application software) in your '08 car ever been updated? (via a Nav Maps update disc).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.