New to site
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By C "T" ess
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, New to site in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I have a 2008 CTS DI... beautiful car, bought used in May 2013. took it in for oil change where ...
    Fatcddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI

New to site

I have a 2008 CTS DI... beautiful car, bought used in May 2013. took it in for oil change where the attendant noticed fuel stains on tank!
    I noticed a lite gas smell every once in a while but wasn't prepared for this. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas? car is parked now. Costs are high for dropping the tank and other work it may need.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: New to site

Never heard of fuel stains on the tank, but I am sure the experts will be along soon!

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Welcome to the site.

I'm moving this thread to the CTS forum where more CTS owners will see it.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

When you fuel up, do you stop when the pump clicks or do you keep pumping until it's as full as you can get it? It's important to stop fueling once the pump clicks. To continue pumping could result in the problem you are seeing. Other than that, was this a dealer that changed the oil or one of the fast lube places. It's been my experience with older cars; that the fast lube jockey's point out things without having any type of training or knowledge as to what they are seeing. If your car's gas mileage is somewhat normal; and that is subjective if you have read any posts on the subject then I wouldn't worry about it.
    99flhr likes this.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Or, if this is your style, put on a pair of safety glasses and take a flashlight, slide under your car and take a look. You might have to put her up on jack stands (NOT JUST A JACK ONLY, NEVER JUST A JACK) to get a good look. Might need a mirror, too.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcddy View Post
    I have a 2008 CTS DI... beautiful car, bought used in May 2013. took it in for oil change where the attendant noticed fuel stains on tank!
    I noticed a lite gas smell every once in a while but wasn't prepared for this. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas? car is parked now. Costs are high for dropping the tank and other work it may need.
    Hello Fatcddy,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners! I am glad you seem to have been enjoying your ownership experience with your CTS so far. I understand how costs can be expensive when looking to repair your vehicle, however if you do choose to work with your dealership, please let me know so I can assist throughout that process. I can be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.