When i remote start my 2012 cts are the seat warmers supposed to come on?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, When i remote start my 2012 cts are the seat warmers supposed to come on? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; ........
    ski1975 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

When i remote start my 2012 cts are the seat warmers supposed to come on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: When i remote start my 2012 cts are the seat warmers supposed to come on?

http://www.cadillac.com/content/dam/..._manual_v1.pdf

Remote Start Heated Seats During a remote start, the heated seats may turn on, depending upon the outside temperature.
    They are canceled when the ignition is turned on. Press the button to use the heated seats after the vehicle is started.
    The indicator lights on the climate control display do not turn on during a remote start.
    The temperature performance of an unoccupied seat may be reduced.

Below 50 °F for the heated seats and 44° F for the defogger.

dandunham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS performance mdl 3.6L

Ha, I cant get mine to come on but I have a 2011 performance model. anybody know if this is something that can be programmed?

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by dandunham
    Ha, I cant get mine to come on but I have a 2011 performance model. anybody know if this is something that can be programmed?
    How do yo now they don't turn on? The indicator does not light up. Actually it glows faintly.

wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond

I'm glad mine don't. Idk if they get that hot, but that sounds like it would be a fire hazard.

Cougar281 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Silverado Duramax, 95 Cougar, 2010 CTS4 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by wcthunder View Post
    I'm glad mine don't. Idk if they get that hot, but that sounds like it would be a fire hazard.
    No more of a fire hazard than if you were sitting in it.

When you use the remote start and its cold enough, the heaters should cone on unless there's something wrong. The display doesn't light up so it may be hard to see the indicator. They will shut off when turn the ignition on. The seats may not feel very warm without the pressure of you sitting in the seat.

jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

My 12 Coupe seats never did even though recent temps were in teens. I do notice in very cold weather like most of us have been having, the rear window fogger comes on w/o being selected.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by dandunham View Post
    Hello dandunham,

CTSCHICK provided valid information regarding the heated seats during remote start. If you still think your vehicle is not operating normally and you would like your dealership to look into this, please let me know. I can be reached via private message and I am more than happy to assist.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Sailirish7 likes this.

Sailirish7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium 3.6L V6

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello dandunham,

CTSCHICK provided valid information regarding the heated seats during remote start. If you still think your vehicle is not operating normally and you would like your dealership to look into this, please let me know. I can be reached via private message and I am more than happy to assist.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Forgive me for the question since I am new to this forum. Does Cadillac actually monitor this forum? If so that is AWESOME!

wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond

My rear and front defrosters are activated.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Sailirish7 View Post
    Forgive me for the question since I am new to this forum. Does Cadillac actually monitor this forum? If so that is AWESOME!
    Yep that is GM/Cadillac Customer Service
    I have talked to Laura while she assisted me with a problem in the past, along with past assistance from Gregory here to.
    Tbbt likes this.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

They helped me as well.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Sailirish7 View Post
    Hello Sailirish7,

Yes, we do monitor this forum! Gregory and I are the primary Cadillac representatives on here and we are here to assist the best we can. Welcome to Cadillac Owners! We can be reached via private message to further discuss any questions or concerns you may have.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Sailirish7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium 3.6L V6

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Sailirish7,

Yes, we do monitor this forum! Gregory and I are the primary Cadillac representatives on here and we are here to assist the best we can. Welcome to Cadillac Owners! We can be reached via private message to further discuss any questions or concerns you may have.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    I gotta say, from actually buying the car from the dealer, to the help on this forum, to the now known fact that GM corporate monitors this forum for owner issues, I feel SIGNIFICANTLY better about my choice. This has been the easiest big ticket item I have ever purchased. Way to go the extra mile GM, oh, and thanks for paying back all the bailout money and then some. My future Social security needs really appreciate it...lol

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

We lost about 50 billion dollars on that deal...and the bond holders got screwed royally. Our Government at work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.