Multiple Cylinder Misfires - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Multiple Cylinder Misfires in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by jgrobert I just Purchased an 09 Cadillac CTS4 3.6 DI with the Performance Package last Wednesday, Love ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Multiple Cylinder Misfires

Quote Originally Posted by jgrobert View Post
    I just Purchased an 09 Cadillac CTS4 3.6 DI with the Performance Package last Wednesday, Love the car! The first time I laided into it the CEL began flashing, a couple of days later it went steady. Onstar pulled the codes indicating a cylinder misfire. Most likely looking at sparkplugs and possibly a coil pack. I took it back to the Dealer under warranty last night for Diagnostics. I already miss my Caddy and am forced to drive a Chevy Malibu for the day. I hope to get my car back today.
    Welcome to Cadillac Owners, jgrobert and congratulations on your recent purchase of a 2009 CTS! I apologize for any inconvenience your vehicle concern has caused. I understand you are eager to get your awesome Cadillac back in your hands. Please let me know after you hear back from your dealership. I can be reached via private message and I monitor the Cadillac forums to assist with any questions and concerns you may have.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Joe
    Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS blk/blk

Hey,

I went all through this. These engines suck oil and foul the plugs. Sometimes it is the coil pack but I blame the oil. I changed out three of the toughest coil packs and all my plugs but once in a while it will still cough and I know its the oil getting to the plugs. My opinion.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Even Toyotas state that their normal oil consumption is 1 quart/1500miles. Just read that this past weekend in my local newspaper.

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Hey,
    These engines suck oil
    Some do, some don`t.

Kevin2050 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have the 3.6 DI engine in my 08 CTS and lose no oil between changes. I have 109k and only use mobile one every 6-8 k

Kraminator75 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS-4 AWD 3.6L DI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Hey,

I went all through this. These engines suck oil and foul the plugs. Sometimes it is the coil pack but I blame the oil. I changed out three of the toughest coil packs and all my plugs but once in a while it will still cough and I know its the oil getting to the plugs. My opinion.
    When I replaced my plugs, I noticed no residual oil anywhere on the plug, not even burnt...The plugs indeed looked worn, but defiantly no signs of oil...As for oil usage, I might drop about one hash mark on the dip stick in between oil changes(5K)...Not bad in my book from what I've read about these engines losing oil.

jgrobert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS4 3.6 DI

willn513,

The Vehicle actually has 60,000 mile on it and as it turns out the dealer replaced one of the coils today. Since I just purchased the CTS from them last Wednesday there was no charge for the service and repair. Did some hard accereration on the way home with no issues but I will definetly be keeping an eye on things. The Cat going bad make sense, hopefully mine wasn't running with that condition for very long to cause a melt down. Thanks everyone for the great advice. Happy to be driving a Cadillac again.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jgrobert View Post
    willn513,

The Vehicle actually has 60,000 mile on it and as it turns out the dealer replaced one of the coils today. Since I just purchased the CTS from them last Wednesday there was no charge for the service and repair. Did some hard accereration on the way home with no issues but I will definetly be keeping an eye on things. The Cat going bad make sense, hopefully mine wasn't running with that condition for very long to cause a melt down. Thanks everyone for the great advice. Happy to be driving a Cadillac again.
    Hello jgrobert,

Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated! I am glad to hear that the service and repair was covered. We are happy that you are in your Cadillac again as well! Please feel free to reach out to Laura and myself via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG/LAURA” in the subject line. I hope you are enjoying your Cadillac again!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.