Airbags
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jeffc83
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Airbags in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Last night I was driving back from night snowboarding at 5am and had to swerve to miss a deer.My car ...
    southshorematt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4 AWD

Airbags

Last night I was driving back from night snowboarding at 5am and had to swerve to miss a deer.My car ended up hitting the guard rail... 4 side airbags deployed (the ones that hang over each window) out of the headliner and then 1 came out of my passenger seat where my girlfriend was sitting. My front and rear fender need to be replaced and the side of the doors needs some work. Thats minor to me... I'm more concerned about the airbags and getting the inside of my car back to what it looked like before..

Does anyone know ballpark numbers on what it's gonna cost me to have these airbags put back or replaced?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Re: Airbags

Quote Originally Posted by southshorematt View Post
    Last night I was driving back from night snowboarding at 5am and fell asleep at the wheel. I woke up to my car hitting the guard rail... 4 side airbags deployed (the ones that hang over each window) out of the headliner and then 1 came out of my passenger seat where my girlfriend was sitting. My front and rear fender need to be replaced and the side of the doors needs some work. Thats minor to me... I'm more concerned about the airbags and getting the inside of my car back to what it looked like before..

Does anyone know ballpark numbers on what it's gonna cost me to have these airbags put back or replaced?
    We have a very good sponsor here on the site, Rippy Cadillac, check with them first. You could also look online to GM Parts Direct or Tonkin Online Parts.

Hope you are both OK, too bad about your CTS!

Marv

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by southshorematt View Post
    Last night I was driving back from night snowboarding at 5am and had to swerve to miss a deer.My car ended up hitting the guard rail... 4 side airbags deployed (the ones that hang over each window) out of the headliner and then 1 came out of my passenger seat where my girlfriend was sitting. My front and rear fender need to be replaced and the side of the doors needs some work. Thats minor to me... I'm more concerned about the airbags and getting the inside of my car back to what it looked like before..

Hello southshorematt,

I am glad to hear that you were ok in this experience! If you would like any assistance reaching out to a dealership to see if I could receive a quote for this repair, please feel free to private message me. I will be sure look for your messages if you do.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

99flhr is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

I`m confused, post 1 mentions a wandering and unruly ungulate, post 2 hints at narcolepsy. Which is correct and who made the change?

tbbt? &&

Quote Originally Posted by 99flhr View Post
    I`m confused, post 1 mentions a wandering and unruly ungulate, post 2 hints at narcolepsy. Which is correct and who made the change?

tbbt? &&
    Talk about being confused, the only one that can edit a post is the OP. I'm wondering if this was edited for insurance purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Talk about being confused, the only one ( insert /change/ edit /etc) that can edit a post is the OP. I'm wondering if edited for insurance purposes?
    I will politely disagree, notice I just edited your post above by using reply with quote.

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by 99flhr
    I will politely disagree, notice I just edited your post above by using reply with quote.
    The OP may have edited his post for one reason or another but this is one screwy thread...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    The OP may have edited his post for one reason or another but this is one screwy thread...
    Isn`t that what makes forums so much fun ?

Quote Originally Posted by 99flhr
    Isn`t that what makes forums so much fun ?
    It's one of the many reasons why I keep coming back
    99flhr likes this.

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    That is so great! Can't even get his story right on a forum. Wonder what he told the officer at the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by 99flhr View Post
    Very odd, so how does one edit someone else's post? Isn't big brother watching?

travcpo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS premium 3.6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post

Very odd, so how does one edit someone else's post? Isn't the NSA watching?
    Hit "quote" and then edit away...

Answer is yes BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt
    Very odd, so how does one edit someone else's post? Isn't big brother watching?
    When you quote someone, it will display the "code" before and after the OPs text...as you now know, this information can be edited. I'm 99.9% certain that "big brother" can give a hoot about our "Cadillac forum" and it's content

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.