Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Service ABS/Traction/Brake assist

14K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
Last week on the first day of the artic snow storm we received here in Michigan my recently purchased 08 CTS ( had for 1.5 month) with the DI motor decided these features were not important for snow driving. My dash lite up like an x-mas tree and the DIC told me to service brake assist/traction control/ i believe abs i cant remember the last one.

I had a friend pull the code and it was reading the right rear speed sensor was faulty, OK no biggie i've changed these out before. After searching all the auto part stores in town and realizing this was not a stocked item i went ahead and ordered from NAPA for a whopping $27 with my discount. Yesterday my part arrived and i installed the new sensor ( gosh i hate that stupid clips!) started the car back up and all the lights are still illuminated on the dash. Do i need to clear the codes for them to go off? Or should the car be reading it now has all good sensors and take the light off on it's own?

In the case i clear the code (will post exact code when i scan again after work) and the light is still on, what are my options?? I hate tossing parts on a vehicle in hopes that it fixes it. I've searched this heavily and found sometimes the hub needs to be replaced, sometimes not. Does anybody have any experiece with this issue recently? Did the sensor fix your issue or did you end up having to replace the hub? Looking for any tips to get this resolved as the roads are begining to worsen here in MI again and i'd like to use the safety features i purchased this vehicle for...

If it is the hub, is it just me or does every GM car need a new darn hub during your time of ownership? My 06 CTS did, my 07 STS did, and now this car will possibly need one as well. Owned my Subaru Legacy GT for 100k miles and never had to replace a sensor, or a wheel hub but every GM car i or a friend own seems to just a be standard replacement...

Thanks for all the help!

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry. I don't have much info. for you but this just happened to me recently on my '10. I had my tires replaced and the next day "service traction control - engine speed reduced" messages. Prob not a coincidence but it only happened for a couple days. Now it no longer does it and seems fine. Oh! It was single digit temps those days too.

Anyway, I'd think you need to clear the codes. It may do so automatically after a few cycles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 · (Edited)
codes will be cleared today, my cheapo amazon scanner wasnt pulling them up having a friend bring home his fancy one from work ( works at an audi dealer) thats the scanner we used that said faulty right rear speed sensor.

Also now experiencing a misfire it seems when you put the gas all the way down.... will pause for a second then go but you feel it hesitate during accel and the CEL flashes 2-3x then goes away...

Coming from my Subaru I owned for 3 years and only had to replace only a caliper, having 3 issues in the first 2 month of ownership is deff not what i expected when purchasing a Cadillac....

#8 ·
I have the same thing going on now...ABS, traction control/stabilitrak lights are all on, and I get the service brake assist, TC, and stabilitrak. Replaced the right rear wheel speed sensor and cleared the codes...all lights came back on as soon as I started moving. I'm going to replace the bearing here soon. I'm assuming the same situation for you.

#14 ·
I did try resetting tps, cleaning the maf and cleaning the throttle body. Finally took it in to the dealer and they replaced the throttle body under powertrain warranty.

2010 @ 40k miles

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
mightypizu, Thanks for the update status. It's always good to get feedback and repair info, making the search function that much better! Marv

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.