Quiet Cabin...do you hear plastic hitting? 12 CTS Coupe owner here
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Quiet Cabin...do you hear plastic hitting? 12 CTS Coupe owner here in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello Everyone (1st Post as well) I've had my 2012 CTS coupe for about a month. Love the car, such ...
    NYCNYCNYC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

Quiet Cabin...do you hear plastic hitting? 12 CTS Coupe owner here

Hello Everyone (1st Post as well)
    I've had my 2012 CTS coupe for about a month. Love the car, such a head turner here in Scottsdale, AZ.

I'm extremely anal about noises in my car (don't judge). When i turn off all the music and what not, I hear little noises coming from the cabin or inside the car like if I go over a bump, I hear things in the backside hit like plastic or coming from the speakers a bit.

I know its not anything to due with the front of the car (engine/under the hood). It is coming from inside the car.

I know no car is perfect but i was expecting a very quiet cabin when i drove with no music.

Does anyone have this same type of issue? Can i do anything about it? I keep thinking to go to an audio place and see if its the speakers/sub woofer. BOSE isn't known to be the best (Better Off Something Else)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCNYCNYC
    Hello Everyone (1st Post as well) I've had my 2012 CTS coupe for about a month. Love the car, such a head turner here in Scottsdale, AZ. I'm extremely anal about noises in my car (don't judge). When i turn off all the music and what not, I hear little noises coming from the cabin or inside the car like if I go over a bump, I hear things in the backside hit like plastic or coming from the speakers a bit. I know its not anything to due with the front of the car (engine/under the hood). It is coming from inside the car. I know no car is perfect but i was expecting a very quiet cabin when i drove with no music. Does anyone have this same type of issue? Can i do anything about it? I keep thinking to go to an audio place and see if its the speakers/sub woofer. BOSE isn't known to be the best (Better Off Something Else)
    My '12 Coupe was pretty quiet during the short time I owned it.

bluefleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1964Fleetwood60Spcl,1976EldoradoConv,2009CTS4BlackCherryDI

Re: Quiet Cabin...do you hear plastic hitting? 12 CTS Coupe owner here

Welcome NYCNYCNYC,
    You own probably one of thee sexiest cars to grace our American streets.
    I too am anal about noise in my car {I don't care if anyone judges}. If interior noise is a concern, Cadillac should be your last choice.
    There are those of us out there who claim their cars dead quiet, perhaps they are or their hearing aids need new batteries.
    Or it may be even simpler, they're not as concerned about it is we are.
    I laugh every time I bring mine in for service, usually to address noises, and the Cadillac loaner they put my in is as noisy if not worse and all from the same places and always the rear package shelf.
    I have to remove ALL the bass from the music. It didn't matter which car either, STS, DTS, CTS, SRX and most recently the ATS. The latter was the worst.
    Since 2009, I have finally removed all the noise gremlins from my Sedan. Just recently I might add. Prime of which is the dam rear package shelf that contains the subwoofer. The Dealer replaced it twice and installed about a hundred pounds of flocking tape.
    Center console was next. Sounded like a child's rattle was left inside during assembly. Another hundred pounds of flocking tape fixed that.
    Seat creaking, Hi pitched creaking from behind the cluster {4 bolts for the dash mount were all lose}, plastic cover behind windshield review mirror that covers the rain sensors, the list goes on.....
    In a lot of these threads I would refer to my car as my UPS Truck.
    However, with some patience {an awful lot of it} and the dealers help, she is quiet now. I love my CTS again.
    All was covered under warranty.
    Sounds {no pun intended} to me like it could be your rear package shelf.
    Hope this helps.

Talvin62 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS

Zoning in on noises inside the car is pretty hard to do! I too have some little noises coming from somewhere in the rear seat area..I will try and fiddle with the back shelf too, see if it clears anything up. My most noticeable sound reminds me of leather rubbing on leather, like when my belt flexes. I tried driving with the back seatbacks folded down, but didn't seem to make any difference. I thought maybe it was coming from the sunshade tracks too, pushing that around didn't seem to be capable of making the noises I hear though.
    Having 3 people sitting in the back seat I thought made it go away, with the weight and all made something tighten down, but now it seems to do it even with people back there..

NYCNYCNYC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

i still here it from time to time...either plastic hitting plastic or noise from my speakers...ugh, its a little bit frustrating

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I had a noise like a rubbing sound on the passenger side. I was near the seat belt, door in the area of the seat belt or the seat belt itself. It wasn't so bad, I didn't mention it during my last service visit. Although there was no line code for it, the noise is gone. I can only imagine it was the door panel which they removed to replace the door switch. Like I said it didn't really bother me before, but now that's gone I appreciate the quiet.

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

I had an '08 CTS-4 Premium Sedan and when pressing on parts of the interior there were several interior noises resembling plastic creaking--then I got a 2013 CTS Coupe last August and it is considerably quieter and completely free of interior noises! A while back, relative to the rear window shelf, there was a Technical Service Bulletin relating to it for the 2009+ CTS Sedans, so check for a TSB with your dealer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.