Window regulator issues on my coupe anyone?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fps_dean
  • 1 Post By tinman
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Window regulator issues on my coupe anyone? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Ok so let me just say I bought a 2011 performance coupe 22,000 mi very nice condition from a reputable ...
    Kstafford is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts performance awd

Window regulator issues on my coupe anyone?

Ok so let me just say I bought a 2011 performance coupe 22,000 mi very nice condition from a reputable caddy dealer here in MA. Car is black on black and the wifey and myself love it. I am by no means a mechanically deficient person. My weekend fun rig is a 67 camaro i saved from a field and completely restored that looks as good as the carbureted lsx motor in it runs!!!!! I brought it back from the grave. OK so the question at hand is my drivers window more so then the passenger struggles really badly to come back up at the first 3rd of it going up. Like barley makes it at all! I've done the searches and no one relates.. Battery voltage and all electrical connections are good. I am a licensed electrician. Are theses cars known for weak motors or should I assume their is a window track/alignment issue? And there is always the trip to the dealer. Caddy people UNITE!!!!!

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

fps_dean is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 DI AWD

Re: Window regulator issues on my coupe anyone?

What dealer do you use? I may need another dealer soon.

As for the regulator, sometimes the regulators crap out due to poor design (like 90s and early 2000s Buicks and older Devilles), and occasionally they just crap out. Doing a quick search on google and the forums doesn't find too many incidents, so I don't think it would be anything to worry about.

The car was bought at herb chambers lynfield not impressed! Took them 2.5 weeks to get me the reg. I hope it is a isolated incident.And I also have a bad weatherstripping seal on the same window. Whistles at speed.

It shouldn't take that long to get a window regulator. I have had them done on the girlfriend's Deville at a local shop and they have to order the part and they'll have it in 2-3 days tops.

I don't know much about Herb Chambers, other than the sales person said we don't take offers when I looked at a car there. Maybe that's their policy or maybe he's trying to screw me, I'm not sure but I walk from those types of places. The particular car was an Infiniti M35 and was not priced well; a closer dealer had several to choose from at lower asking prices to begin with. The seat was a bit narrow and overhead visibility was poor for me anyway, so it didn't matter much, I was just curious to try a few cars and that was one of them.

They have haggle free pricing Haha! Anyway I was working with plymouth cadillac at the same time and they said they could not touch the deal I got! Had them looking at auction for the same car.

Well, at least it's only a window regular which is easy enough to fix, even if you have to pay out of pocket (which you shouldn't).
    Kstafford likes this.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

And lube everything when re-installing.
    Kstafford likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.