Purple People Seater - My new Majestic Plum Sport Wagon
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Purple People Seater - My new Majestic Plum Sport Wagon in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; After a few years away from Cadillac, I came across a very unique CTS owned by a GM Exec for ...
    Slee_Stack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Wagon RWD Premium, Used to own 2005 STS 1SG

Purple People Seater - My new Majestic Plum Sport Wagon

After a few years away from Cadillac, I came across a very unique CTS owned by a GM Exec for a brief spell.

As I am partial to wagons, and unusual car colors, I took the plunge...

Only 2 days so far with it.

Negatives thus far are mediocre fuel economy (24 highway), slow downshifts, and flaky Nav system (particularly Voice 'recognition').

Positives are Overall appearance (well some will hate purple, it is polarizing), Seats (Recaros when adjusted well are very comfy), Wagon space!!!, general amenities (heat/cool seats, supersize sunroof, interior bits...)

I did look at 2014 CTS Sedans and while the tech, performance, and quality has noticeably improved, the wagon style, and very large price discount on the 2013/2014 outgoing CTS was too attractive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Re: Purple People Seater - My new Majestic Plum Sport Wagon

Love your ride. Recaros...I hate you! lol. Nice wheels. V wheels looks like.

calif phil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe
    Beautiful. Congrats on the new ride.

hauler is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Great wagon! Why would GM cut a 2014 loose as a used car this early in the model year?

Quote Originally Posted by hauler View Post
    Great wagon! Why would GM cut a 2014 loose as a used car this early in the model year?
    My salesman said these types of cars pop up every once in awhile.

This one came with 6050 mi on the clock. Maybe the exec had this one until the brand new 2014 CTS sedan came available.

I'm sure GM wrote off this car and lost very little if anything on it.

bluefleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1964Fleetwood60Spcl,1976EldoradoConv,2009CTS4BlackCherryDI

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Especially the color!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm Soooooooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My only Gripe?......Why did Cadillac stop with the Wood Steering Wheel. I love mine. Anyone have a clue?

Quote Originally Posted by bluefleetwood View Post
    ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Especially the color!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm Soooooooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My only Gripe?......Why did Cadillac stop with the Wood Steering Wheel. I love mine. Anyone have a clue?
    I would have preferred a matched wood wheel too. Granted the Alcantara wheel does feel nice in the hands.

I believe most car makes believe the general public view wood accents as stodgy. Attracting younger buyers means being sporty...silver/aluminum, carbon fiber, Alcantara...

bluefleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1964Fleetwood60Spcl,1976EldoradoConv,2009CTS4BlackCherryDI

Quote Originally Posted by Slee_Stack View Post
    I would have preferred a matched wood wheel too. Granted the Alcantara wheel does feel nice in the hands.

I believe most car makes believe the general public view wood accents as stodgy. Attracting younger buyers means being sporty...silver/aluminum, carbon fiber, Alcantara...
    I think you're right.
    I guess I'm getting too old. lol

I bought a GM Exec wagon once and got a fantastic deal. It's not like they track these cars, especially wagons. Usually a family man or woman who gets one of these. Nice pickup.
    We need to hook up and park next to each other so I can get those wheels from you!

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    I bought a GM Exec wagon once and got a fantastic deal. It's not like they track these cars, especially wagons. Usually a family man or woman who gets one of these. Nice pickup.
    We need to hook up and park next to each other so I can get those wheels from you!
    What wagon did you have?

On behalf of your comment, I've just ordered locking lugnuts!

I had an Olds (in the early 90's I believe) with that Vista Cruiser style roof that was popular in the 70's. Zoot, as she was called. What a land yacht, she was a beauty on the Interstate.

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Great wagon & love the color!

After a few years away from Cadillac, I came across a very unique CTS owned by a GM Exec for a brief spell.

As I am partial to wagons, and unusual car colors, I took the plunge...

Only 2 days so far with it.

Negatives thus far are mediocre fuel economy (24 highway), slow downshifts, and flaky Nav system (particularly Voice 'recognition').

Positives are Overall appearance (well some will hate purple, it is polarizing), Seats (Recaros when adjusted well are very comfy), Wagon space!!!, general amenities (heat/cool seats, supersize sunroof, interior bits...)

I did look at 2014 CTS Sedans and while the tech, performance, and quality has noticeably improved, the wagon style, and very large price discount on the 2013/2014 outgoing CTS was too attractive.

hauler is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

I bought the base model just to get a leather-only wheel and carbon fiber style trim instead of wood. I believe one of the sport-trim levels has the same wheel and dash. That may be what slee-stack has.

I had a solid walnut wheel in my 66 Corvette. In 1964 in put a wood trim dash in my Sport Fury convertible, and in 1965 I did the same to my 65 Satellite wagon. I must have been stodgy when I was a young man. If I could design my car's dash, it would be all leather in contrasting colors, like the purple wagon. It's really just individual preference.

Quote Originally Posted by hauler View Post
    I bought the base model just to get a leather-only wheel and carbon fiber style trim instead of wood. I believe one of the sport-trim levels has the same wheel and dash. That may be what slee-stack has.

I had a solid walnut wheel in my 66 Corvette. In 1964 in put a wood trim dash in my Sport Fury convertible, and in 1965 I did the same to my 65 Satellite wagon. I must have been stodgy when I was a young man. If I could design my car's dash, it would be all leather in contrasting colors, like the purple wagon. It's really just individual preference.
    My wagon has the 'Touring Package' which includes a number of bits from the CTS-V. The steering wheel cover is 'suede' (actually Alcantara) and the accents are Midnight Sapele wood.

You are going against the (wood) grain You are supposed to go from sporty bits when younger to stodgy bits when older!

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

Gorgeous CTS Wagon! Love the color combination, the wheels and the Recaros! Best of luck--you've got one of the finest riding and (definitely) looking rides on the road!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.