Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: front seats sportwagon

front seats sportwagon

How are the seats,, I see a lot of rumpled, wrinkled seats in the internet ads. These cars have mid 30k to mid 40k mileage.. Is the padding minimal so as to show all the indentations.. I am 64 with 2 minor back surgeries in the past.. How is the backrest,, decent padding? thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Quote Originally Posted by rkmaz
    How are the seats,, I see a lot of rumpled, wrinkled seats in the internet ads. These cars have mid 30k to mid 40k mileage.. Is the padding minimal so as to show all the indentations.. I am 64 with 2 minor back surgeries in the past.. How is the backrest,, decent padding? thx
    As in previous posts people complain about the comfort. I never had a problem with the comfort in my my 2010 4dr or 2012 coupe, but I will say my 2014 XTS is a lot more comfortable versus the CTS. IMO

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
    Not to push you away from the Cadillac brand but I think you'll find the Buick Lacrosse seats a lot more comfortable if you have a bad back. However, I didn't find the CTS seats that bad as others have stated in the past. it all depends if you prefer a softer or firmer seat.

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Re: front seats sportwagon

I also have a repaired back - and 4 types of arthritis, and I found the 2013 standard bucket seats uncomfortable enough to pull the back cover off the buckets and add support, especially in the lumbar area. After owning the car for a year, I had the seat center panels replaced with cloth inserts and had a little extra padding added under those panels. I now consider them good enough for a 10 to 12 hour day trip, something I enjoy doing occasionally. The upholstery shop did their best to remove the wrinkles from the side bolsters when the center panels were changed.

If you can find a CTS with the Recaro seat option in your area to try out for seat comfort, I would recommend doing so. You may be able to contact someone on this forum who would like to show off his seats, if your local dealer doesn't have a car with Recaros. I put a set of Recaros in an extremely uncomfortable Corvette 25 years ago, and sold it just before buying my wagon, so I did have the comfort difference highlighted. My caveat would be to try the expensive seat option before buying, since during the years I owned Recaros, I had them reupholstered twice, and had the seat padding altered a bit in the process. A new Thunderbird I bought in 1980 came with factory option Recaros and got me started appreciating solid comfort on road tours.
    Last edited by hauler; 01-02-14 at 02:16 PM.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS-V Long Roof 6MT; '10 CTS Long Roof, '16 ATS-V Sedan

Like hauler mentioned, check out the Recaros. They come highly recommended from many members.

caddywagon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 cts sportwagon

is it possible to swap out recaros for the base seats?

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Not plug-and-play unless GM part numbers for the body (wiring) harnesses that connect the seats to the car are identical.

Bolting in Recaros from the same body series should not be a problem.
    Last edited by hauler; 01-04-14 at 10:32 AM.

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Last edited by dreiloft; 01-04-14 at 09:17 AM.