Intermittent remote unlock
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Intermittent remote unlock in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; On occasion, when I go to enter my CTS with my primary remote in my pocket the door won't automatically ...
    MBambo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Sportswagon AWD Premium

Intermittent remote unlock

On occasion, when I go to enter my CTS with my primary remote in my pocket the door won't automatically unlock. If I press the unlock
    symbol on the remote, the door will unlock. When I use my alternate remote, the door will automatically unlock. Is this a result of a weak battery in my primary even though it will unlock by pressing the unlock symbol? If it is the battery, why should it work most of the time?
    Anyone else with a similar problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dmeray1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: Intermittent remote unlock

New battery should fix it. I had same problem. Perfect since changing battery.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by MBambo View Post
    On occasion, when I go to enter my CTS with my primary remote in my pocket the door won't automatically unlock. If I press the unlock
    symbol on the remote, the door will unlock. When I use my alternate remote, the door will automatically unlock. Is this a result of a weak battery in my primary even though it will unlock by pressing the unlock symbol? If it is the battery, why should it work most of the time?
    Anyone else with a similar problem?
    Hello MBambo,

I have also seen posts saying that a new battery should fix this concern as well as dmeray1 stated. Please let me know if this doesn’t work and if you would like any assistance in setting up an appointment with your dealership so they can look further into this concern. Please be sure to keep us updated. I will be sure to be on the lookout for your future posts.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I'm having a similar problem. Prior to 12/20 my keyless entry worked fine, unlocking both driver's side and passenger doors when I was about 10 feet from the car. That week the passenger side door stopped working. I took the car in for service and was advised that the system is set to work from 3 feet away only. I showed them that the driver's door worked from a further distance. I left the car on 12/27 and on 12/31 they called to say the car was done. The service manager is a friend and came out to go over the car. Now the driver's door only unlocks when I am next to the door and the passenger door and trunk do not work unless the drivers door is open. I told them this was worse than when I brought it in. They said they had called the tech center and told to replace the drivers door antenna and door switch. They also replaced the batteries in the remotes. Bottom line I had to leave the car again so they can get to the tech center again. The only good thing to come out of this is that their routine check found an internal leak in the master cylinder and replace that.
    I'm glad it's just a hunk of metal, it's an irritant but it will get fixed.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    I'm having a similar problem. Prior to 12/20 my keyless entry worked fine, unlocking both driver's side and passenger doors when I was about 10 feet from the car. That week the passenger side door stopped working. I took the car in for service and was advised that the system is set to work from 3 feet away only. I showed them that the driver's door worked from a further distance. I left the car on 12/27 and on 12/31 they called to say the car was done. The service manager is a friend and came out to go over the car. Now the driver's door only unlocks when I am next to the door and the passenger door and trunk do not work unless the drivers door is open. I told them this was worse than when I brought it in. They said they had called the tech center and told to replace the drivers door antenna and door switch. They also replaced the batteries in the remotes. Bottom line I had to leave the car again so they can get to the tech center again. The only good thing to come out of this is that their routine check found an internal leak in the master cylinder and replace that.
    I'm glad it's just a hunk of metal, it's an irritant but it will get fixed.
    Hello C “T” ess,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern with your keyless entry as well. I do see that you have taken your vehicle in for service for this concern and your dealership have contacted the tech center. Do you have any updates regarding this concern?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.