Warning beepers on the front end? yea or Nay. are there any?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Warning beepers on the front end? yea or Nay. are there any? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I haven't posted before so here goes..I just bought a2010 CTS wagon "Premium " model with the back up rear ...
    Cebader@gmail.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

Question Warning beepers on the front end? yea or Nay. are there any?

I haven't posted before so here goes..I just bought a2010 CTS wagon "Premium " model with the back up rear warning bell whn i get to close to something..It seems i could really use these in the front too like our Honda Van has..are they there and i just haven't heard them yet or did they decide not to put thm in the front?
    I'm finding it hard to know where the Bow is on this ship and i don't want to scar up the bumper on the way to large surbs that are everywhere..a warning bell would help the learning curve immensly...Thanx !

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Park assist is/was not available in the front.

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Re: Warning beepers on the front end? yea or Nay. are there any?

It is on some 2014 models, but that's another forum.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cebader@gmail.com View Post
    I haven't posted before so here goes..I just bought a2010 CTS wagon "Premium " model with the back up rear warning bell whn i get to close to something..It seems i could really use these in the front too like our Honda Van has..are they there and i just haven't heard them yet or did they decide not to put thm in the front?
    I'm finding it hard to know where the Bow is on this ship and i don't want to scar up the bumper on the way to large surbs that are everywhere..a warning bell would help the learning curve immensly...Thanx !
    What's a surb???

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacmike68 View Post

What's a surb???
    I believe the OP is using the common name of "Facia Scrapus", a mammal found in large ground dwelling colonies throughout North American parking areas.

Rarely injured, they do however emit a distinctive sound when attacked, most commonly hunted with a mini van near craft stores and Bed,Bath & Beyond
    C "T" ess, DMill and hauler like this.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Welcome to the forum

----------

This works for me, maybe this will help you.

This:

Equals This:
    C "T" ess and hauler like this.

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

I mounted two aftermarket sensors (4 to a kit) in the slot for the rear reflectors. I lengthened the sensor cables for two more to mount inside the fascia corner vents, but by the time I got the mods done and tested, I decided that backing into spaces was now so much easier, I left the fronts off.

is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD

Quote Originally Posted by Cebader@gmail.com View Post
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...termarket.html

I don't know...a serbian CURB maybe or a mis-type...

----------

Yea...thanx,i have the rears on my Premium edition already...it's the front end i'm worried about// i've been backing into spaces too..but what i'm thinking about now is
    a mechanical feeler like we used to have in the older cars...that rubbed the curb when you'd parallel park to show you where you were at in proximity to the curb.( i think they were actually called "curb feelers" )
    All the electronic sensor stuff is just more to replace in a fender bender and probably way over kill for what i'm trying to accomplish..which is to slowly (at least i do),approach a parking lot concrete stop. You know how catfish have those whiskers that sense what's coming up? Something more like that but not a rotting catfish or something looking crappy...Come on folks....help me figure this out....Cadillac has a strip of black rubber along the trailing lower edge of the actual painted bumper but.....it's actually pretty lame and an audibly very weak warning,especially when the concrete piece ahead is way flood level height to begin with.(what do they think...we'll try to jump it?)...well...in the meantime..I may put a snow plow or cattle catcher (like the old trains had)....if i can't find a better fix....If you see a grey wagon screaming down the freeway with what looks like a giant air dam keeping the car pressed even more nicely against the asphalt than it normally does.........wave!.....So far i'm really liking this ride a lot...

mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    Can't you just eyeball it? I mean come on, how hard is it to NOT run into a curb? I get that the front end is low...everyone on this forum deals with the same issue. But, you just learn to be careful. You'll learn how to parallel park and how to pull into parking spots forward without going too far...just take it easy until you get used to it. I can't imagine it taking more than a week or two and you should be used to it.

Any $20 sensor kit will do what you want. Put a sensor in each fascia vent panel.

........ i've been thinking about why Cadillac didn't or hasn't put warning beeping sensors (in my recent blog comment or post in this forum a few days ago , in the front bumper of my 20010 Premium CTS Wagon and would like to direct this question to the ( what seems to be ) concientious Consumer Affairs folks that monitor this Blog.
    Im really puzzled and frustrated as to why a premium model GM automobile with a well known (it seems by the response that i've had to my posting ), has waited ( as one person posted that "some Models " now offer it ), some 7 years to add this easy and important feature to a car that's quite obviously too low for easy parking up to front end curbs that are made to let drivers possibly know where to stop their car..In my sense of right and wrong in this world,a $55,000 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon car like mine with a rear assist camera AND rear assist sensor assist beepers should have also have come with front electronic assists like my 05'Honda van and many other premium model cars have come to do.
    .....also, I joined this blog last week to help me know and understand questions i have about my newly purchased 2010 premium sport wagon. Ill have to say that i've been pretty dissapointed at a few of the negative,non helpful mean spirited and sarcastic posts that have followed in response to my question. I don't get that..and i believe that we can do better,be smarter and more compassionate with the majority that post on this blog with real concerns and reasonable questions. I personally request that those of you who feel that you have the need to be critical and abusive to those in this Blog..take it somewhere else...don't waste the time of the rest of us who are trying to figure out better ways appreciate and enjoy our enthusiasm for what we hoped would be a good product.
    There are so many obviously creative and sincere contributers to this sight..Thank you for all your wonderful knowledge and willingness to share what you've learned,

As to the Posts i received in response to my original and first ever post about the front warning beepers...I've listened to owners posts and comments to my question. One persons response referred to have learned to generally back into parking spaces to avoid expensive damage to their car.....Another welcomed me into the Blog Group.....thank you !....one other person scolded me for being unable to park properly....and others helpfully related in detail their efforts and experiences in attempting to correct the problem themselves with their own expertise and without the help from Cadillac.
    ...and Soooo Cadillac Public Assistance Factory Representatives.....what's your take on the front assist issue? .....There quite
    obviously is an issue ....Could Cadillac be encouraged by you...the voice of the consumer , to recall and correct the issue for us or do we just put it on the list of negative comments that we pass on to our friends when they ask us "How do you like your Cadillac"?. Thanks for listening. Charles Bader

----------

....sounds like a good fix...where might i buy this ("any $20.00 sensor kits ") I'd sure appreciate knowing. I'm not familiar with them..Thanks, Chuck

They're available on Amazon and eBay. To use it on a front bumper you will need to add a small 12volt switch to turn it on when needed, since running with active sensors on at road speed will cause constant warnings.

My guess on the ancient electronics in the CTS is the expense of CPU hardware and software upgrades. All the car's systems are tied together, although even Honda civics have standard rear cameras and USB stereo outlets. My cts does not. Little things, like the lack of upgrades to minor items like outside mirrors with embedded wide angle corners that any Chevy or ford has, are unforgivable in a marque that aspires to luxury class.

PS My remark about backing into parking spaces most of the time needs a context: years ago my employer required people who drove their vehicles to take defensive driver class, where I was told that drivers are ten times more likely to be involved in an accident exiting a parking lot space they pull into. We were advised to hone our skills in reverse gear.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Charles,

From one 'elder statesman' to another, you need to take a chill pill! If you come forward with a positive attitude you get positive comments and versa visa. We all have the same degree of the parking problem and it is resolved by learning how to park your car! We all went through it.

As for your posts, no one (including me) is going to read posts with long run on sentences and too long paragraphs. Keep them short and to the
    point and you will be better accepted.

This problem doesn't qualify for a recall, even slightly. If this bothers you so much, do as others suggest and install an aftermarket system on
    your car. Otherwise sell it and buy something that better meets your expectations.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you have many happy miles in your CTS. Go Ducks!

Marv
    gohawks63 and hauler like this.

The little things that bug us about the cars we like do give us a love/hate "relationship" with our vehicles. The CTS wagon is IMO an inspired body design with excellent utility for active people, and I forgive it's faults on that basis. The Sting Ray I sold just before buying this car was a similar love the design and hate the lack of amenities. To enjoy touring in it, I added intermittent wipers, cruise control, Recaro seats, and other mods. I'm doing the same kinds of mods to my CTS, and enjoying fooling around with it. I can probably find a vehicle with all the amenities I'd like at any dealership, but I'd rather start with a vehicle that looks and performs well, and fuss with the little stuff.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

It takes a thick skin to participate on this forum. Most responses will be helpful but there are always going to be humorous interjections. That's just the way it goes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.