Warning beepers on the front end? yea or Nay. are there any? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Warning beepers on the front end? yea or Nay. are there any? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; My comments on "learning how to park" were just meant to give some perspective. I was reading this posting thinking...are ...
    mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    My comments on "learning how to park" were just meant to give some perspective. I was reading this posting thinking...are you really worried this much about this topic? The sensors aren't there...just like they haven't been there for the last 100 years.

Park the car 3 or 4 times and you should be comfortable parking it anywhere. If this is a must have for you, I would have expected you to verify they were there before purchasing the car.

As for the recall comment you made...I'm really hoping that was made out of sheer frustration, because that is laughable. Not having an unnecessary option on a vehicle is hardly a reason for a recall.

As another poster said...lighten up a little. The reason for the forum is to get advice and different perspective from others. Sometimes that comes along with a little sarcasm and jabbing. If this is your biggest gripe about the vehicle, I'd say Cadillac is doing its job!
    gohawks63 likes this.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

Re: Warning beepers on the front end? yea or Nay. are there any?

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Charles,

From one 'elder statesman' to another, you need to take a chill pill! If you come forward with a positive attitude you get positive comments and versa visa. We all have the same degree of the parking problem and it is resolved by learning how to park your car! We all went through it.

As for your posts, no one (including me) is going to read posts with long run on sentences and too long paragraphs. Keep them short and to the
    point and you will be better accepted.

This problem doesn't qualify for a recall, even slightly. If this bothers you so much, do as others suggest and install an aftermarket system on
    your car. Otherwise sell it and buy something that better meets your expectations.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you have many happy miles in your CTS. Go Ducks!

Marv
    Well said!! (Except the Go Ducks! part)

Recall????!!!! Really?!!

Cebader@gmail.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

Thick skin or thick skull....humorous ?........cool...I've been a successful comedian most of my life..I love my CTS wagon already and i've only owned it for a month..The day i picked it up at 9a.m.,it had just snowed the first winter storm in FT. Wayne Indiana 4-6" and i was second on the freeway just after the snow plow..Man was i ever thrilled to be in my AWD Caddy driving 21/2 hrs. in the snow heading to Florida learning all the tricks that the ride had to offer. The other 13 hrs. of the trip south i averaged 72-84 MPH with little traffic thinking what a great choice of vehicles i had made. Now i'm in Florida comfortably carrying the kayak on my factory roof cross rails with my fishing gear in the back area on top of my new rubber rear mat. I love the sunroof here in Florida and can't wait to enjoy the AWD in the Cascades in Oregon skiing next winter after our spring cross country trip thru the panhandle and up across the 4 corners national parks during the spring cactus bloom time......sorry if this is too lengthy and thanx "Hauler" for the beeper/sensor leads..i'll try that.....and Marv....Pleeaaazzz come teach my wife how to back up....i'm serious !

mrlacy1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium

cadillac does it again....

my 02 dhs had them, my 06 dts had them

my 12 regal gs had them

the 2013 ats I test drove had them

my 2011 coupe doesn't have them

I already dinged up my fender for lack of having them (sorry, been spoiled for almost 8 years of having them).

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    The Deville never had front parking assist.

How are you hitting the fenders from lack of parking assist?

99flhr is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post

This problem doesn't qualify for a recall, even slightly.

Marv
    Bravo !
    Essentially because it`s not a "problem", it`s the lack of a convenience feature that matters to some and not to others.
    If it`s on a potential buyers list of critical "must have`s" one assumes they could verify it`s existence prior to purchase

Cebader@gmail.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

.......yea really...
    I grew up in Detroit..and trust me ,the auto industry there is desperately wanting to do whatever they can to regain the confidence of the American and European car buyers .....yea really....Kia,Toyota ,Mazda, hyundai,Honda ,BMW and even Volvo ,Mini and Fiat ?...have been welcomed to America and Europe because they've listened to what the buying public wanted. I think Americans want to buy American everything.We want and need desperately to be employed.
    Historically America became a powerful country by making things that the world wanted. That's my point .That's all i'm saying when i offer suggestions to Cadillac Public Assistance folks. I live in America and I'm so glad to live in a country where i'm still able to express my opinions ,vote..and where that often makes a difference.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Charles,

Short and sweet? "and Marv....Pleeaaazzz come teach my wife how to back up....i'm serious !" What are you talking about??? Do you want to drive forward or backward? If you can't teach her how to drive, no one can do it!

We don't need (or want) your ideology on what America wants or needs today. Glad to hear you like your CTS. Enjoy and write about your car!

mrlacy1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium

True....my 99 deville didn't. It's just a bit unsettling to go from having something to then not having it.

I didn't complain about my 99 not having memory seats, heated/cooles seats, cd player, wood wheel, parking sensors etc. because up to that point I never had it. Once I got my 02 dhs I didn't complain about not having a heated steering wheel....when I got my 06 dts I didn't complain about not having a auto/manual shift.

When I got my 12 Regal GS I did complain about not having cooled seats (had heated)/memory seats and heated sterring wheel, rainsense wipers because they were so much a part of my every day life and I was used to them...much like you are used to your arms and hands. One thing I didn't complain about were front parking sensors....because it had them. I missed all the goodies so went back to cadillac. Got everything I wanted minus the sensors and thought....eh it may not be that big of deal.

The Regal was a track car, so it was low to the ground. It still had more clearance than the 2011 coupe. First time test driving it at the dealer....SCCCRRAAAAATTTTCCCCHHHHHH when I parked as the front end went above the curb. "Are the parking sensors off?" I asked.....he said they never had them on this gen CTS.

The reason I knicked the fender (not bad even though the dealer wants to replace it LOL) is because I try to be a good neighbor. In my apartment complex covered parking it faces into someones bed room window. I get in at night so I turn my lights off....making it almost invisible to see. Never had an issue parking there with the dts/regal cause....BEEEP BEEEEP even on the side when you are not even really that close to hitting anything.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is yes....this sucks. I see a lot of talk here on this forum defending cadillac when it removes things like, "what do you need rainsense for? just turn the knob." That's not the gripe. The gripe is they are taking away valuable features that make the buyers loyal to the brand. I love cadillacs...it's all my father ever drove and I have owned 6 of them so far. Are they going to keep taking things away and finally have a 50k$ toyota? I was helping a buddy buy a car and a damn Kia Optima had more goodies than a luxury ATS (and it cost quite a bit less). The fact that they took the parking sensors off after almost a decade is like me living with full use of my hands and suddenly I cannot use them anymore. I will adapt I suppose but it takes time? I don't buy these cars for their performance, stellar mpg, or phenominal engine...I buy them for the comfort features.

As long as I have the means I am not going to downgrade....I would like to keep owning cadillacs but perhaps its time to give Mercedes or from the looks of it KIA :S a look.

/rant
    hauler likes this.

99flhr is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

I just recently determined that my CTS does not have a turbocharger, I would like to have one, I think a recall is in order.
    Tbbt likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.