Yet another 2008 cadillac cts4 with transmission issues...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Yet another 2008 cadillac cts4 with transmission issues... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; So I know there are a few posts here for this, but my true purpose is to get the attention ...
    Mr.Angry.CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Black Raven CTS4 3.6 DI, 1992 GTA Trans Am

Yet another 2008 cadillac cts4 with transmission issues...

So I know there are a few posts here for this, but my true purpose is to get the attention of cadillac
    Customer care...

I bought my 2008 cadillac cts4 level 2 luxury level one performance sedan from the GM dealer in
    In Stratford Ontario. In April 2013. I bought the car with approximately 87,000 Kms, and was told the 5 yr power train warranty would run out in July 2013... Well here we are 2 days before Christmas, and as I pulled off the highway at lunch time to go to work (I'm an assistant store manager of a big furniture
    Store), as I turned left to go over the over pass, bang... And all of a sudden no forward motion, only a
    Whirring/whining noise... Now warnings, no shakes, no shimmys.. Just bang and done...

To say I baby my cars is an understatement, I can't believe that at 115,000 Kms I could be faced with a massive repair bill... I've never known a GM car to have such a huge problem so early in its lifespan...
    I've owned a bunch of grand prixs, and only one showed a weak transmission at 280,000 Kms after
    Being driven hard (it was supercharged).

Anyways, this maybe my first and last cadillac... I was thinking I'd keep this car , do it up a bit, and
    Once it was paid off, upgrade to a vee... But now I'm not so sure... I find myself wishing I should have
    Waited for my holden commodore (g8 gt).

So now I owe more than my car is worth and facing a repair bill of anywhere from several hundred to several thousand to fix. I'd like to know what cadillac is going to do to turn my customer experience around for me? I guess I'll be driving my wife's bmw for a while... Sad... Maybe I should have bought me one of
    Those too?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Could be drive shaft.

Re: Yet another 2008 cadillac cts4 with transmission issues...

Could be... I doubt I could be so lucky as for it to be a u joint or something like that... I won't know until
    Monday...

Joe
    Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS blk/blk

Hey Mr Angry

This sounds like the problem I had about a month ago. It was the transfer case that let go. I had someone get one out of a junk yard with low mileage and $1500 later I was back in business.

Best of luck

Thanks joe. I thought I was making a long term investment with this car, now I'm not so sure.

Darins is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts

I had a similar situation as well. 2 days after I bought the car (57,000 miles), going up a hill at about 20 mph I heard a little "clunk" sound and then a loud whine that increased as the rpms went up. Turned out to be the output shaft on the transmission which also destroyed the transfer case. I believe they mentioned that there was a TSB on the problem.

Good luck and I hope it is a cheap and easy fix for you.

Thanks. I created a case file with Cadillac customer care here in Canada this morning. They want me to
    Have the car towed to a GM dealer of course... Either way, I won't get a diagnosis til next week...

mevaristo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Shitty deal man. Sucks that its happening right before the holidays so i won't be wishing you happy holidays. Weather has been crazy around ontario ( im in kingston) and I also have a 08 CTS 4 with winter tires on it now. I love the car so i can feel your pain. I also baby my car and i have about 150 K on it now and all my warranties are done. which i may say i'm suprised that Cad only offers 5 year warranty. I question the reasons why myself but I have been lucky that nothing major has happened ( knock on wood) I would certainly expect them to help you out with this, its completely absurd that they wouldn't help you out, these things should not fail like this unless your driving your car like a 19 year old ( which i doubt if you are like me) BTW i read somewhere that they can actually tell how the car is driven i'm not sure if this is true or not but may give you a little argument power. i just hate to think that we are paying for " the name" and not a good quality product. Good luck with it all

I hope I didn't just buy the name...

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Angry.CTS View Post
    So I know there are a few posts here for this, but my true purpose is to get the attention of cadillac
    Customer care...

I bought my 2008 cadillac cts4 level 2 luxury level one performance sedan from the GM dealer in
    In Stratford Ontario. In April 2013. I bought the car with approximately 87,000 Kms, and was told the 5 yr power train warranty would run out in July 2013... Well here we are 2 days before Christmas, and as I pulled off the highway at lunch time to go to work (I'm an assistant store manager of a big furniture
    Store), as I turned left to go over the over pass, bang... And all of a sudden no forward motion, only a
    Whirring/whining noise... Now warnings, no shakes, no shimmys.. Just bang and done...

To say I baby my cars is an understatement, I can't believe that at 115,000 Kms I could be faced with a massive repair bill... I've never known a GM car to have such a huge problem so early in its lifespan...
    I've owned a bunch of grand prixs, and only one showed a weak transmission at 280,000 Kms after
    Being driven hard (it was supercharged).

Anyways, this maybe my first and last cadillac... I was thinking I'd keep this car , do it up a bit, and
    Once it was paid off, upgrade to a vee... But now I'm not so sure... I find myself wishing I should have
    Waited for my holden commodore (g8 gt).

So now I owe more than my car is worth and facing a repair bill of anywhere from several hundred to several thousand to fix. I'd like to know what cadillac is going to do to turn my customer experience around for me? I guess I'll be driving my wife's bmw for a while... Sad... Maybe I should have bought me one of
    Those too?
    Hello Mr.Angry.CTS,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your CTS. I do see that you have opened a file with our Customer Care team in Canada. At this time, we are only able to assist with customers and dealerships located in the United States, but please keep us updated as to the diagnosis of your vehicle next week. We will be sure to be on the lookout for your future posts.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

rfdude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

Mr Angry CTS I truly hope GM takes care of you as I moved away from Audi and bought a Cadillac as I felt that GM finally made it to the top again and I could trust going back to North American. I too own a 2008 CTS4 with just over a 100,000kms on it now and I am following this thread very closely on how GM handles this case. Quite frankly if they don't take care of you I will be putting mine up for sale ASAP and moving back to an Audi before mine does the same thing (which I'm sure it will as this seems to be a common problem GM is not recalling to properly fix and show good faith in their brand). Similar to the timing chain issue with the 3.6L, at least they stepped up and extended warranty on this issue until 192,000kms. IMO they should do the same for this well known transmission issue so they can keep their existing clients happy instead of gambling and loosing them back to their competitors.

Good luck!
    Bill

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

We do have a French transmission remember, so it easily could be your trans. My trans completely went to hell at 50, 000 miles before they finally replaced it. I have a pretty long thread somewhere here as well.

I believe I was told on my trans thread that BMW also uses the same transmission, so I hope your Bimmer holds up! Sorry to hear of your problem, I really am.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Cadillac customer "care" will do nothing other than blow smoke up your ass and call your dealer for an appointment. Plain and simple.

It's out of warranty then your stuck. CALL GM customer assistance YOURSELF and see about some grace but I wouldn't hold your breath as its mostly up to the servicing dealer if they want to extend it. You bought a used car. You have no idea how the original owner treated the car and technically GM owes you nothing.

Before you jump on the all holy German brand why don't you check out the repair bill for one of them. When they are out of warranty and your not the original owner you won't get far there either. Also and more importantly the 5 and 6 speed auto trans used in the CTS and STS are the same trans used in BMW....

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

I do have to say that the Caddy Customer support team did try to help me, so they actually did accomplish that. Also, when my tailgate had a bad gas shock support and was out of warranty, they got me a "free pass" on those repairs, so they have my support.

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Good luck with it. I traded in my wife's 2008 CTS4 Premium precisely bcause I did not want a future AWD transmission issue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.