Yet another 2008 cadillac cts4 with transmission issues... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Yet another 2008 cadillac cts4 with transmission issues... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I never had that issue with the 2MB I owned. They were in the shop more than I owned them. ...
    sliderule01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

Re: Yet another 2008 cadillac cts4 with transmission issues...

I never had that issue with the 2MB I owned. They were in the shop more than I owned them. On wife's MB the traction control went out 3 times with in a year. The dealer refused to cover it under warranty because "a MB will never fail that way - it must be something we did". The last time it locked up the opposite corner wheels and threw the car sideways. She became scared to drive it. After leaving her stranded 3 times in a year - each time under warranty. We dumped it at a huge loss. Even normal stuff was extremely expensive and nothing was ever covered.

My MB was older and it died on me on a business trip. It already had 100K miles and was costing an absolute fortune. Transmission dying in the middle of nowhere GA, and finally the serpentine belt goes. Have it towed to a MB dealer and rent a car. Week later they tell me after they repaired it, and had it put together, they discover that it had a blown head gasket. It would be another $2.5K to repair as they would have to tear the engine down again. I pitched a fit, but they wouldn't budge. Finally just paid the bill and signed the title over to the dealer. Immediately after I turn the title over to the service manager he commented that "one of our techs will throw about $400 in parts and will have it back on the road shortly - it will make a good car for them."

My 70's fiats were more reliable and not as obnoxious as the dealers. I will never ever buy a MB again. They look nice; they drive nice, but are maintenance nightmares. While I hope my Cadillac wont be the maintenance nightmare that the MB was - it will certainly be cheaper to repair. So far in two years no issues and 45K miles. I am about to go out of warranty and I hope that everything doesn't start falling apart.

Mr.Angry.CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Black Raven CTS4 3.6 DI, 1992 GTA Trans Am

Thanks tinman.

Someone from the dealership called my house at 10am this morning, the message got cut off.

I called them back at just after 11am (was out snow blowing) and was advised the person I need to speak to is on lunch from 11am to noon... So I have to wait for a return call...

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

A premature "you're welcome"! I hope all turns out well.

So considering I had a lot to accomplish today despite the weather (as it's my only day off until next Wednesday), I couldn't wait any longer for a phone call, so off i went to do errands in my wife's 328i.

After paying some bills and getting a haircut I pulled into the dealership (Brian Cullen Chevrolet Cadillac Corvette) and proceeded to wait in line at the service center office.

Just at that moment I received a call from Ian, who was behind the scenes. I let him know I had just arrived and he came out to see me, we shook hands and then he brought me into his bosses office...

The conversation remained civil, but it certainly was an interesting one.

It basically started out by Ian stating that I was asking a lot of the dealership (I let him finish) bc I had never once even been there for an oil change, and that he had spoken it over with his boss and the dealership was prepared (out of courtesy) to take on 25% of the cost. He then pointed out to tell me that "I" broke the output shaft or some such thing and that GM are going to try and tell me it's owner abuse sighting that I have aftermarket parts on my car.

I then interjected by saying that I don't buy that for a second, that the only aftermarket part of significance on my car is a D3 cold air intake, and pointed out who D3 was incase he didn't know.

I told him I am a unique customer in that I drove 2 hours out of my way to get that car from another GM dealer and if the car was on their lot I would have bought it there. I then said that I appreciate their offer, but I'm not looking to hold the dealer ship accountable for this but Cadillac themselves. I then told him I do not abuse my cadillac, that it has mudflaps and snow tires on it for crying out loud, and that when the mechanical fail happened I was driving less than 60kmh. I then told him that I know it's not a vee and despite having a v-sport badge on it does not prove abuse.

He then mentioned they would also do the timing chain tsb at the same time. I said that's great, and also noted that I had discovered after buying the car I had discovered my car had an extensive service history, with many fixes over the years while under warranty... Of course he downplayed this by saying all cars have a service history... I'm thinking I bought a lemon.

We wrapped up the conversation by saying I would be in touch next week, and mentioned the outcome of all of this wil determine which brand I buy next, mentioning that my wife has a bmw and left it at that... He told me that was my prerogative... I did mention that this was supposed to be the best car I've ever owned and how disappointed I was...

It might just be an interesting convo on Monday, I guess we shall see... Ian has emailed Cadillac, so the ball is in their court. No service work will happen until it's determined who's paying the bill....

So the moto here is, don't take your car in for service work with rims on it or anything like that, they will give you a hard time.... In my case, broken down at the side of the road in wintery weather 2 days before Christmas and on my way to work, there was no time to remove my D3 intake... Which I shouldn't have to do anyways...

Btw, in case anyone is trying to profile me, I'm a 42 yo educated white male with a wife who is an Engineer by trade, no kids, and I'm the Sales Manager of one of the largest furniture stores in Ontario, my company happens to be the number 2 furniture retailer in North America. I would like to think that my wife and I are what Cadillac seeks in current and future customers....

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    You have a V badge on your N/A v6 CTS. That alone your car shouldn't be on the road. Do you know what a mockery it makes of real Vs? Also acting like a snob stamping your feet, "well if you don't fix this I won't buy another Cadillac", seriously why would that dealer care. You said yourself you didn't purchase it from that dealer and Cadillac isn't going to care you didn't buy it new. Yes it sucks your car had this happen but suck up and deal with it. Pay to play. If the repair bills are too excessive you bought the wrong car period.

As for mods find a different dealer. Mine never questioned mine.

You my friend are a troll...

I don't appreciate people that put others down, thanks.

I never threw a tantrum. And I was actually going to build a really nice cts in the spring worthy of the name v sport.

Thanks for being a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Angry.CTS

I never threw a tantrum. And I was actually going to build a really nice cts in the spring worthy of the name v sport.

I never took it to a personal level, you did that right there my friend. No personal attack was made until you decided to introduce "douche" to the thread. I however won't sink to your juvenile level of name calling, please grow up. Most members with the Cadillac brand exhibit some level of tact and maturity however I guess that must of skipped you while you were bolting in V badges on your N/A CTS. I do what I can for members but those who come here trashing the brand because they broke their car and can't afford to fix it so they blame the manufacturer I have no respect for.

Apart from the fact your car is a tarnish on the V name, GM and your dealer has EVERY right to deny your claim. I've explained my reasons several times but you simply do not comprehend you have no stake against them. Also magnuson moss act allows the dealer to deny any claim against them if a modification you did to the car contributed to the failure. Hate to break it to you but bigger wheels put increased stress on the driveline INCLUDING the transmission especially if you changed the rolling diameter of the wheel/tire combo on an awd car.

Hey look at this as an opportunity. You were going to ruin your car anyways by making a fake V the car just assisted in its own suicide.

Enjoy!

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Angry.CTS View Post
    Thanks joe. I thought I was making a long term investment with this car, now I'm not so sure.
    Unless you're collecting classic cars, no vehicle is a sound long term investment. All modern vehicles decline in value and have operating and maintenance costs.

Sorry about your bad luck.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Angry.CTS View Post

I understand you're under some stress, and are pretty angry about the car, but purse swinging and name calling isn't necessary.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Actually you came out as the aggressive one on my thread. If you don't have anything productive to say don't say anything at all. I can't stand internet bullies.

And if you want to question my cred go on over to GPONA and inquire about me and my past ride there.

So if I were you I'd keep my strong opinions to myself on this thread bc obviously you have nothing positive to contribute. And that is what trolling is.

This was the most money I've ever spent on a car, and I sorry that I expect a lot from cadillac...

And I am aware of diameters and wheels throwing off the driveline thank you.

Here is my "abused" Cts...

----------

Rolex when I said long term I meant 5 years as in how long it will take me to pay off the car. Thanks.

Obviously all cars are not great investments.

This car is used to commute around 120 km a day for work and a cruiser on my days off.. That's it.

Actually you came out as the aggressive one on my thread. If you don't have anything productive to say don't say anything at all. I can't stand internet bullies.

And if you want to question my cred go on over to GPONA and inquire about me and my past ride there.

So if I were you I'd keep my big mouth shut on this thread bc obviously you have nothing positive to contribute.

If the mod team can't control trolling on here maybe I'll just move on....

This was the most money I've ever spent on a car, and I sorry that I expect a lot from cadillac...

And I am aware of diameters and wheels throwing off the driveline thank you.

Here is my "abused" Cts...

----------

Rolex when I said long term I meant 5 years as in how long it will take me to pay off the car. Thanks.

Obviously all cars are not great investments.

This car is used to commute around 120 km a day for work and a cruiser on my days off.. That's it.
    I can positively contribute that you bought a used 4 year old car with xxxxx miles out of warranty it broke and now your blaming cadillac. You positively need to stop blaming others for your issues and fix your car.

Pay to play put your big boy pants on man up and move on. Leave the tantrums and threats to the children. I could care less about your "cred" your antics speak volumes of your maturity level.

Lol. Did you even read the whole thread? I'm under the mileage (by 43,000 Kms) and over by 5 months... I'm going after Cadillac, you can be a skeptic all you want but I'm going to get somewhere with them...trust me, I see customers do this all the time... If you were in my shoes you would do the same thing and don't even try and tell me you wouldn't....

And by the way, if I actually broke the car bc I was beating on it, I'd be big enough to admit it was my fault. I was doing the speed limit to work, came off the highway to get to work, hung a left at a light to go over an over pass, and at about 60 Kms the transmission let go. That is not abuse. I see customers not take responsibility all the time at work so I know what you are getting at. This is not one of those cases.

Why not just wish me luck and move on?

Lol. Did you even read the above? I'm under the mileage and over by 5 months... I'm going after Cadillac, you can be a skeptic all you want but I'm going to get somewhere with them...trust me, I see customers do this all the time... If you were in my shoes you would do the same thing and don't even try and tell me you wouldn't....
    HA! I bought my 05 STS in 2005 new. I PAID for a warranty for extra coverage. I EXPECT nothing to be handed to me. Perhaps you should read the Cadillac warranty terms are, it states 4 years 50k WHICH EVER COMES FIRST from the in service date.

Your cred just took a hit.

Dude I'm tired of this back and forth, GM power train on all 07 to 12 Cadillacs sold in Canada is 5 years or 160,000kms. My cred is just fine how's yours?

----------

And guy, one of the first things I did was go and read my warranty terms.. Thanks.

Sure thing "dude".

I get it, you like to play devils advocate... Lol. One of my sales guys is like that. No worries.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.