Yet another 2008 cadillac cts4 with transmission issues... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Yet another 2008 cadillac cts4 with transmission issues... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I love my CTS but it does demand "deep pockets". If you have a CTS with 100k or more and ...
    Joe
    Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS blk/blk

Re: Yet another 2008 cadillac cts4 with transmission issues...

I love my CTS but it does demand "deep pockets". If you have a CTS with 100k or more and it has not had the timing chain replaced...do not wait. Mine was replaced by the previous owner at 49K now I have 140K. One of the rear knuckles was replaced also, now they are defective again. I'm hoping to run this beyond 200K because right now I cannot afford to by a new one. I just replaced the transfer case, the power steering pump, and the serpentine belts. I'm considering changing the radiator and hoses come spring. I know the alternator is going to go anytime, that should be fun. This car is a pleasure to drive but like most vehicles they wear out. I think the best thing we can do is be a little pro active rather than wait for the inevitable. Happy Motoring!

Mr.Angry.CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Black Raven CTS4 3.6 DI, 1992 GTA Trans Am

Wow. Some passionate and interesting responses to my thread. Firstly my 2009 e92 bmw 328i m sport is not an x drive, so I have a hard time understanding how it can be the same transmission.

Secondly, I'm not jumping on the German bandwagon, in my family, I'm the only staunch and loyal GM supporter... Many went German long ago... Including my wife... That wasn't my choice, that was hers based on her previous success with a vw Jetta that went 300,000 Kms with no major issues at all...

I think we would all agree that 115,000 Kms is absolutely absurd for a transmission failure, and I think anyone in my position would do the same thing... Try to hold them accountable. I understand the warranty is over, but as a manager in another line of consumer business, I see this sort of thing all the time... Customers bitch and move up the food chain until they get what they want.. So this time I'm the customer and I'll be dammed if I'm going to the poor house over a transmission fail with the generals pinnacle vehicle from 2008. I must say the disappointment of this recent bit of bad luck has made me regret letting go of my 2004 pontiac Grand Prix gtp comp g which was an excellent car. Sigh.

I'm thinking about trading in my caddy for a pontiac g8 gt to be honest.... I will take a 5 grand loss though.

Cadillac customer care team USA, thanks for the kind words, I will post the outcome here.

Mr a... Aka Gary

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    What's that hard to understand? BMW used the tranny and Caddy does now too. I never said it was used in ALL BMW or was in YOUR BMW just that is a BMW TRANNY AS WELL.

Her bmw is not all wheel drive... Is it possible that it is the same transmission?

snafu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS DI AWD Luxury-Performance II ThunderGray/Titanium

Sorry to hear about your issue and hopefully it works out ok.
    I have also been a long time GM brand guy and some imports mixed in (not as long as some here but will get there), some have been great, some have been good and a few of them have cost me. If you have been a long term GM with good luck (as you are purchasing their top brand now) don't dismiss GM because of one issue with your CTS. Remember you are driving a Cadillac, there are a lot of people in this world that would love to have a car that can't afford one. We just scrapped my dad's Deville (Northstar V8 block recurring issues) with the STS as more good miles with the GM brand than bad miles. just my .02.

rfdude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

An option I would like to see GM offer would be a 50% discount on an extended warranty program to any 2008 CTS owner. I would actually take it if this was offered to me as it would provide the peace of mind and actually retain me as a client. It would also should good faith on GM's part for those who are or will be affected. Mine expired in May of this year and the quoted price on the extended warranty did not make sense for me to purchase. 50% off would have done it.

Over to you GM Customer Support!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by rfdude View Post
    An option I would like to see GM offer would be a 50% discount on an extended warranty program to any 2008 CTS owner. I would actually take it if this was offered to me as it would provide the peace of mind and actually retain me as a client. It would also should good faith on GM's part for those who are or will be affected. Mine expired in May of this year and the quoted price on the extended warranty did not make sense for me to purchase. 50% off would have done it.

Over to you GM Customer Support!
    Hello rfdude,

We look at our customer’s concerns on a case by case basis. If you are experiencing this concern as well, I would suggest you reach out to our Customer Care team in Canada as well. I wouldn’t be able to guarantee a discount on an extended warranty would be available, but I have definitely documented your feedback within our system that is accessible by multiple groups within our organization.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Angry.CTS View Post
    Wow. Some passionate and interesting responses to my thread. Firstly my 2009 e92 bmw 328i m sport is not an x drive, so I have a hard time understanding how it can be the same transmission.

Secondly, I'm not jumping on the German bandwagon, in my family, I'm the only staunch and loyal GM supporter... Many went German long ago... Including my wife... That wasn't my choice, that was hers based on her previous success with a vw Jetta that went 300,000 Kms with no major issues at all...

I think we would all agree that 115,000 Kms is absolutely absurd for a transmission failure, and I think anyone in my position would do the same thing... Try to hold them accountable. I understand the warranty is over, but as a manager in another line of consumer business, I see this sort of thing all the time... Customers bitch and move up the food chain until they get what they want.. So this time I'm the customer and I'll be dammed if I'm going to the poor house over a transmission fail with the generals pinnacle vehicle from 2008. I must say the disappointment of this recent bit of bad luck has made me regret letting go of my 2004 pontiac Grand Prix gtp comp g which was an excellent car. Sigh.

I'm thinking about trading in my caddy for a pontiac g8 gt to be honest.... I will take a 5 grand loss though.

Cadillac customer care team USA, thanks for the kind words, I will post the outcome here.

Mr a... Aka Gary
    Hello Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to post your updates. Laura and I will be sure to look for your future posts.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

The car is now at the local cadillac dealer. I have been on the phone with Dennis from cadillac customer care in Canada. He asked me the standard questions... Where did you buy it (GM dealer) ? When did you buy it (April)? Where do you service it (oil changes at costco, hasn't needed any other servicing since I bought it)? Etc etc

Service dept at dealer will be looking at it on Monday....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Angry.CTS View Post
    The car is now at the local cadillac dealer. I have been on the phone with Dennis from cadillac customer care in Canada. He asked me the standard questions... Where did you buy it (GM dealer) ? When did you buy it (April)? Where do you service it (oil changes at costco, hasn't needed any other servicing since I bought it)? Etc etc

Service dept at dealer will be looking at it on Monday....
    Hello Gary,

We appreciate your updates. I am glad to hear that you have been in contact with Dennis from our Customer Care team in Canada. We look forward to your updates on Monday regarding what you hear back from the dealership.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

CTSRags is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS 4 3.6L AWD

Im a GM Mercedes guy. I am a loyal GM client for 35 years all but the highend stuff for that I am a loyal Mercedes. I have both in my driveway for past 25 years always a vet and MB sports coupe and a GM midsize impala and pickup truck plus a MB SUV or sedan. I finally decided to to go premium for GM and get a 08 CTS 4. I love the car but dont like what Im hearing and seeing on simple stuff with this car that should not show up in a priced like it is car till 350K on the dial. I get 300 to 500k out of my MBs without a problem of any kind. As for BMW trannys Id hope not BMW is just a poor mans MB. Not the same quality. I will be a loyal caddy driver for the next 30 years if this works out but Im thinking by what I read I may be going back to MB. I just rolled 500k on my impala so would expect the same from a CTS.......if not MB will be it less the Vet and pickup truck of course.

Rags
    Only the best vehs for me and I expect to get good products. Gm could easily disappear with addition of new MB mid size and SUV. If this Caddy does not work out.
    1 x CTS 4
    2 x Vets
    3 x GM midsizes
    3 x MB
    3 x GM Pickup 2 diesels
    1 x Harley
    2 x Skidoos
    2 x Arctic Cats wheelers
    1 x Glastron boat
    And just to add these are all in my garage right now not my past GM/MB history.

Wow.. That's a bit of leverage rags thanks...

I still have faith that the general will take care of me but we will see...

The dealership called me today to advise an output shaft and the transfer case are indeed toast. The bill
    For parts and labour will be in the realm of 3 grand canadian.

They are also doing the timing chain and I asked them to look at the drivers door handle as well.

I was then informed by cadillac Canada that none of The key decision makers will be in the office to make decisions on goodwill cases until next Monday.... So it looks like I will be out of my car for at least 3 weeks... Can't blame GM entirely, breaking 2 days before christmas isn't ideal...

On another note, a good friend of mine has a son who until recently was employed and trained as a master tech at a local GM dealership, he tells me, there's no way GM/cadillac shouldn't be taking care of me... So I guess we shall see... A little bit of research shows that 2007 - 12 Cadillacs came with a 5 year/160,000 km warranty, so I'm over by 5 months but under by over 40,000 Kms....

I'd like to add that while I've owned other brands over the years, But i've always had at least one GM in my driveway at all times... In fact I've owned my 1992 gta trans am for almost 20 years.

My first car was a 1975 Camaro, second was a 1980 Monte Carlo, and over the years I've owned:

1988 grand am
    1988 gta trans am
    1995 cavalier z24
    1996 cavalier z24
    1997 Grand Prix gtp
    1998 Grand Prix gtp
    2003 sun fire gt
    2004 Grand Prix gtp

I'm probably missing something, lol.

This was supposed to be the best car I've ever owned, but I hate to say it, none of the above ever cost me 3 grand to fix...

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

I do hope they come through for you and make it a happy New Year.

Thanks tinman.

CTSRags is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS 4 3.6L AWD

On my Impala I was over warranty by 20,000 KMs but under the time when my intake manifold and exhaust went. Told them that stuff does not go in short time so what would they do. They said too bad but they would push it up the chain. Later that week when work was done and I went to pay they said GM would do good will and pay 50% of $3200 cost. Then 9 months later I got a cheq in mail for the $1600 saying they realized the part was defective and should last longer then it did. That kept me as customer and they have made all that money back on me and more with parts and other purchases. That is the typical way MB deals with me so I was impressed I trust it has not changed. I hope is has not changed. I have had MB do work for me notice an item and then inform me that although the car is 12 years old and 250k on it that item is defective as they expect 500k on it before it showes wear. They then replaced the item no charge and it was not a recall. 10k item!!!! thats what I expect from GM. In a life time they will make there money 10 fold on a loyal customer. I dont think this performance is needed for cheap GM cars but when I spend the big money I expect special treatment. Cadillac and Corvette are those GM items.
    Rags

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.