Remote Start Stays engaged turning over engine, 08 CTS AWD 3.6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Remote Start Stays engaged turning over engine, 08 CTS AWD 3.6 in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hi All Been about 2 months driving my new to me CTS and its getting cold so tested the remote ...
    CTSRags is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS 4 3.6L AWD

Remote Start Stays engaged turning over engine, 08 CTS AWD 3.6

Hi All
    Been about 2 months driving my new to me CTS and its getting cold so tested the remote start last month no issues. Tried it other day as it was -15. Lucky I was outside looking at my truck when i did it as the starter came on turned engine over but engine did not start and remote starter would not disengage. I had to get in cat put foot on brake turn ignition on then off to shut it down. I then started it normal way and it started just fine. I tried it again other day and it worked fine. But today when I went out it was -21 and I started it same issue would not shut down and engine never caught and started.

no warning lights
    This time got a low battery message but it did start when I tried to normal start it.

Thoughts?

Rags

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Remote Start Stays engaged turning over engine, 08 CTS AWD 3.6

Im hearing nothing but crickets..........No one has input on this or am I first?

Rags

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSRags View Post
    Hi All
    Been about 2 months driving my new to me CTS and its getting cold so tested the remote start last month no issues. Tried it other day as it was -15. Lucky I was outside looking at my truck when i did it as the starter came on turned engine over but engine did not start and remote starter would not disengage. I had to get in cat put foot on brake turn ignition on then off to shut it down. I then started it normal way and it started just fine. I tried it again other day and it worked fine. But today when I went out it was -21 and I started it same issue would not shut down and engine never caught and started.

no warning lights
    This time got a low battery message but it did start when I tried to normal start it.

Thoughts?

Rags
    Hello CTSRags,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern with your CTS’ remote start when the temperature is cold out. I would suggest reaching out to your local Cadillac dealership in regard to this concern. Since I see that you are located in Canada, I would also suggest reaching out to GM of Canada at 800-263-3777 regarding this concern. They can be contacted Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 11:30PM EST and Saturday 7:30AM to 6PM EST. Please be sure to keep us updated as well.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

seems like a simple issue so figured Id have some input from other users. But it appears im alone. It is not giving me a problem right now and -25C so wonder if its simple issue or not. Im just not confident on engaging it unless im standing there.....kinda defeats the purpose.
    Thanks for note and advise. next time Im in I will note it as issue for techs.
    Rags

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSRags View Post
    seems like a simple issue so figured Id have some input from other users. But it appears im alone. It is not giving me a problem right now and -25C so wonder if its simple issue or not. Im just not confident on engaging it unless im standing there.....kinda defeats the purpose.
    Thanks for note and advise. next time Im in I will note it as issue for techs.
    Rags
    Hello CTSRags,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Please keep us updated when you have your vehicle in for service next and do bring this up. We will be sure to be on the lookout for your future updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.