Wagon not quite a year old, hit in the rear last night :mad2:
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cougar281
  • 1 Post By hauler
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Wagon not quite a year old, hit in the rear last night :mad2: in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Snow is falling, but who cares. I learned to drive in Buffalo NY. Unfortunately, the driver of the Toy Highlander ...
    hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Wagon not quite a year old, hit in the rear last night :mad2:

Snow is falling, but who cares. I learned to drive in Buffalo NY. Unfortunately, the driver of the Toy Highlander behind me didn't. I stopped behind a little Nissan waiting to turn left and the little woman driving the big SUV behind me didn't. I almost succeeded in getting out of her way - but not quite.

Need a new fascia and dents patched in the LH fender and tailgate - oh yeah, and a new LH tail lamp assembly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mtech is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Wagon not quite a year old, hit in the rear last night :mad2:

Well, at least you are okay enough to vent! It is always amazing how people think technology can better the laws of physics, exhibit the Highlander driver. I really fear some of the new advances in technology in that they allow drivers to forget their skills!

Cougar281 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Silverado Duramax, 95 Cougar, 2010 CTS4 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Mtech View Post
    Well, at least you are okay enough to vent! It is always amazing how people think technology can better the laws of physics, exhibit the Highlander driver. I really fear some of the new advances in technology in that they allow drivers to forget their skills!
    Or never learn them! IMO, 'beginner' vehicles should be the most basic you can get - ABS & Airbags. None of the new bells and whistles that take virtually all responsibility away from the drivers. They need to learn to DRIVE FIRST, then they can get the bells and whistles.
    Mtech likes this.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    Or never learn them! IMO, 'beginner' vehicles should be the most basic you can get - ABS & Airbags. None of the new bells and whistles that take virtually all responsibility away from the drivers. They need to learn to DRIVE FIRST, then they can get the bells and whistles.
    My neighbor bought a used car for each of his kids. All three had a stick shift.

Glad you're ok. Got any pics to share? I hurt when I see damaged cars here.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

I am disturbed by the commercials you see for the lane departure, the auto braking and all the other things, at the end of the commercial they always say "so you don't have to pay attention or learn how to drive, we will be there for you" My kids are going to get good modern safe cars but will have to take winter driving schools and a season of winter and summer autox to learn how to drive, whats the point of taking driving lessons when the teacher can't drive?

The weather has sucked in southern Alberta the last week and the only thing worse than the weather is the driving!

Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor View Post
    I am disturbed by the commercials you see for the lane departure, the auto braking and all the other things, at the end of the commercial they always say "so you don't have to pay attention or learn how to drive, we will be there for you"

The weather has sucked in southern Alberta the last week and the only thing worse than the weather is the driving!
    What about the Flames?

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    What about the Flames?
    I stand corrected, and Kevin Martin lost too lol

Angry Re: Wagon not quite a year old, hit in the rear last night :mad2:

When I went to pick it up yesterday, I could se that the LH quarter panel had been painted at a different time than the rest of the car. It has a slightly darker look and a different surface gloss. The small fender dent next to the tail lamp was patched in with a matching blue color, but the dealer insisted on clear coating the entire quarter panel, which now looks like it was repainted with a closely matching color - but not the same as the rest of the car.

Why couldn't the dealer's shop just clear coat the patched area and buff out the overlap. I had that kind of repair done on my 2004 Equinox, and in 2 or3 places on my 66 corvettes clear coat over the years, and none of it ever showed, AT ALL.

Take it back.

Also, make a claim for reduced value should you sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    Take it back..
    The wagon remained there, at their request. They assure me that I WILL be happy with the car, but it would have been nice to be happy starting yesterday.
    tinman likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.