2013 CTS and Hands Free or Lack There Of
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mistercoffee2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2013 CTS and Hands Free or Lack There Of in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I just bought a 2013 CTS. The blue tooth connection is disappointing. I have a black berry and there are ...
    2013 CTS_Disappoints is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTW

2013 CTS and Hands Free or Lack There Of

I just bought a 2013 CTS. The blue tooth connection is disappointing. I have a black berry and there are several issues with the connection. The most important issue is that I cannot receive a call. The phone will ring, but I can't answer the call. It eventually just hangs up.

Secondly, the radio display won't display my contacts when the phone does ring. This is frustrating but really not an issue until the issue of actually being able to answer the phone is solved.

Thirdly, the vehicle takes 1-5 minutes to actually connect to my phone.

Now please don't tell me it is me or my phone. I did not have these issues with my Buick Regal driven for three years. I did not have these issues with my 2013 Malibu. I have had the same phone with all three vehicles....and I have not had this issue with non GM rental cars, i.e. Ford, Hyundai or Kia

This is clearly an issue with the vehicle and honestly if it can't be fixed then it will be a huge disappointment.

Don

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: 2013 CTS and Hands Free or Lack There Of

Quote Originally Posted by 2013 CTS_Disappoints View Post
    I just bought a 2013 CTS. The blue tooth connection is disappointing. I have a black berry and there are several issues with the connection. The most important issue is that I cannot receive a call. The phone will ring, but I can't answer the call. It eventually just hangs up.

Secondly, the radio display won't display my contacts when the phone does ring. This is frustrating but really not an issue until the issue of actually being able to answer the phone is solved.

Thirdly, the vehicle takes 1-5 minutes to actually connect to my phone.

Now please don't tell me it is me or my phone. I did not have these issues with my Buick Regal driven for three years. I did not have these issues with my 2013 Malibu. I have had the same phone with all three vehicles....and I have not had this issue with non GM rental cars, i.e. Ford, Hyundai or Kia

This is clearly an issue with the vehicle and honestly if it can't be fixed then it will be a huge disappointment.

Don
    What is a "black berry"?

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Funny, you sign up as 2013 CTS_Disappoints and you're looking for help? You're kidding right?

I don't have a berry, but my hands free works perfectly. Anyone out there still using a blackberry? And willing to help 2013 CTS_Disappoints?

Good luck, Marv

PS, welcome!

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

^^^ I have run into situations where it will ring and not pick up, but it has only happened a few times.

The 2nd gen CTS does not store your contacts. You can store them individually using voice tags, but you can't download contacts from your phone.

With incoming calls, the phone number will display in the DIC. If you have stored the phone number with voice tags, when the call comes in, the car will say, "you have an incoming call from..<voice tag>".

2013 CTS_Disappoints is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTW

Tbbt must work at GM based on response. Yes, I signed up as is and yes I am looking for a response...a response that is respectful and helpful. So sorry you can't help. Sorry that you judge based on using a blackberry or black berry with a space.

Oh, and I might add the vehicle will not work with the GM company issued Droid phone either........

BTW, I am third generation GM. My family started working there during WWII.....Still want to be dismissive and sarcastic!!!!

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by 2013 CTS_Disappoints View Post
    Tbbt must work at GM based on response. Yes, I signed up as is and yes I am looking for a response...a response that is respectful and helpful. So sorry you can't help. Sorry that you judge based on using a blackberry or black berry with a space.

Oh, and I might add the vehicle will not work with the GM company issued Droid phone either........

BTW, I am third generation GM. My family started working there during WWII.....Still want to be dismissive and sarcastic!!!!
    So you got the employee discount and you still want everything to work? I understand why you are "Disappointed" if your family help build your lemon CTS. Get a phone that works with the car or a car that works with your "black berry".

But most of all, go away and come back under another name. You will never get any R.E.S.P.E.C.T. with your current handle. Only sarcastic dismissal!!!!
    Tbbt likes this.

Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

My Bluetooth works OK...... Haven't figured out the Voice Tag issue.... But, my Tom Tom with Bluetooth worked better... Downloaded my telephone directory ..... And it only cost $200.00..... So why couldn't GM come up with a simple, easy, effective system?

sliderule01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Wagon

I have an HTC, and the BT connects to the phone even when it is in the house. There have been several times when I have been warming up the car for work, and received a call on my phone while it is in the house - and I couldn't talk on the phone because it was coming through the car 20 feet away. It also syncs nicely with my daughters iphone and wife's Samsung. I DID have issues with by BB consistently with my BT headset.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

I don't know why yours wouldn't work. I personally have had no problems with my droid.

Tom-C is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS 4 Sport Wagon

I have a 2012 CTS-4 wagon and a Blackberry 9930. I followed the manual to set it up (since I have never done anything like this before) and it works fine. The radio cuts out when I have a call coming in and I get a notice on the DIC. I have both touched the DIC and used the button on the steering wheel to answer. I have sometime had to tap the button on the DIC several times, but I think that is because it miss it with my finger (calls always seem to come in when traffic is worse). The steering wheel button works first time every time.

BTW for Sliderule01: I give tours at the National Air and Space Museum by Dulles airport and carry a 6 inch slide rule. Every airplane in the museum (with the exception of the X-35) had most of the math done on a slide rule. I have had some of the younger visitors ask where the batteries go after I tell them it is a calculator. :-)

mrlacy1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium

It's just the tech....you have to remember that basically your 2013 has the same tech as a 2009.

I had a aftermarket hands free motorola bluetooth setup installed in my 2006 DTS that worked 10x better than that of the 2nd gen CTS. :/

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I've not had a problem with my second generation CTS with the various phones I have used. I currently use an LG smart phone that works as described in the owners manual. I suggest you might want to go to the manufactures site and check FAQ section under customer service.Check the compatibility list to see if your phone will work with this car. You may even be able to send them a message or call customer support. As another alternative, search for a Blackberry Forum and check there for similar issues others may have had. If none of these lead you to a resolution (and since you mentioned that this works in your Malibu) I'd go back to the dealer. It may just be a bad BT module.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.