Euro Spec Taillights
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Euro Spec Taillights in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I did a quick search and came up blank, so I apologize if this has been covered before. I just ...
    Stoked is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6

Euro Spec Taillights

I did a quick search and came up blank, so I apologize if this has been covered before.

I just purchased a 2010 CTS from a local dealership. I love everything about the car except for the fact it has euro spec taillights. I see that D3 sells them on their website (that's how I discovered what they were) but they mention they have to install them for them to work properly. Anyone know why that would be the case? I'd like to find some OEM replacements, but I want them to be plug and play.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Re: Euro Spec Taillights

Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    I did a quick search and came up blank, so I apologize if this has been covered before.

I just purchased a 2010 CTS from a local dealership. I love everything about the car except for the fact it has euro spec taillights. I see that D3 sells them on their website (that's how I discovered what they were) but they mention they have to install them for them to work properly. Anyone know why that would be the case? I'd like to find some OEM replacements, but I want them to be plug and play.
    Welcome to the forum!

I'm betting someone here on the forum will offer to trade their OEM ones for yours! Not sure what would make them D3 install, maybe give them a call and ask why they are?

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

I'm betting someone here on the forum will offer to trade their OEM ones for yours! Not sure what would make them D3 install, maybe give them a call and ask why they are?

Marv
    Thank you for the welcome, Marv! I would be open to trading if I could find someone close to me so we could meet up and do the swap. I'll send D3 an email and see if they can shed some light on the subject.

HR-cts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS4 wagon 3.6

Do they at least have rear fog lamps? Those would be required by law in most European countries.
    Usually, the headlamp switch has a setting to turn them on and off.
    I wouldn't mind rear fogs...my Audi allroad has them and they come in handy to warn tailgaters...

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

Ill bet you have the clear tail lamp package it was available from any GM dealer.

Put your turn signals on and go behind the car if they flash red then they are GM accessory lamps. Nothing special other than they are clear.

Quote Originally Posted by HR-cts View Post
    Do they at least have rear fog lamps? Those would be required by law in most European countries.
    Usually, the headlamp switch has a setting to turn them on and off.
    I wouldn't mind rear fogs...my Audi allroad has them and they come in handy to warn tailgaters...
    I don't believe it has rear fogs. I didn't notice anything different on the headlight switch. That is probably what D3 does on the install...turn on the rear fog function.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Ill bet you have the clear tail lamp package it was available from any GM dealer.

Put your turn signals on and go behind the car if they flash red then they are GM accessory lamps. Nothing special other than they are clear.
    I bet you are right. I'd go check real quick, but my car is under 6" of ice. I haven't seen these lights on any other CTS up to this point, and they look identical to the euro spec lights on D3's website, so that's what I thought I had. That would make it easy to swap.

iVwishing is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I purchase rear export tail lamps off ebay and ordered the other from a online dealership. Could you post a pic of the lenses? If they're clear and see red leds when not lit then they're not true export lamps.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.