Cadillac Owners Forum banner

how to decode spid/rpo codes?

10K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  GenerationCadillac 
#1 ·
I have the build sheet from the spare well in my gen2 CTS. Can anyone tell me where to find the explanation of codes for my options?

#13 ·
Also, for anyone else needing this information. Any GM dealer can print out a build sheet that will provide a breakdown of what went into the car and what did not. I can't figure out why some parts are marked as deleted or not installed. I know my car is an oddball as there are parts and pieces that came on the car when I bought it new but do not show up on the trunk sticker or build sheet. somethings make sense like sunroof delete since I didn't want one but why a GM PERFORMANCE decal on the engine? Some things we'll never know.

#14 ·
Also, for anyone else needing this information. Any GM dealer can print out a build sheet that will provide a breakdown of what went into the car and what did not. I can't figure out why some parts are marked as deleted or not installed. I know my car is an oddball as there are parts and pieces that came on the car when I bought it new but do not show up on the trunk sticker or build sheet. somethings make sense like sunroof delete since I didn't want one but why a GM PERFORMANCE decal on the engine? Some things we'll never know.
Sounds like Johnny Cash's Cadillac song.

#25 ·
Instead of using the "Reply to thread" tab at the upper left on this page I used the "Reply with quote" tab in your Post #22. The "+ tab allows you to pick multiple quotes from a post, type a reply, pick another quote, type a reply, etc. - all in the same reply post.

Rippy Cadillac and Chris have not used Cadillac Forums for several years - look at the dates of their last posts/threads.

Our resident long-time Cadillac dealership vendor is Lindsay Cadillac, Luke in parts. The Vendors forums.

#28 ·
so just wanted to share. the FE2 rpo code was listed as performance suspension from the printout i got. After being under impression FE2 meant ride and handling, i called a cadillac dealer to double check. After asking for the last 8 of my VIN, the said i had FE2 ride and handling.

Its weird that the report would label this incorrectly.

on the positive, FE2 ride and handling is cheaper than FE3 sport suspension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.