Tempting Offer for 2014 CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Tempting Offer for 2014 CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Just received an email from Cadillac giving me a $1000 credit towards the purchase of a new 2014 CTS for ...
    jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

Tempting Offer for 2014 CTS

Just received an email from Cadillac giving me a $1000 credit towards the purchase of a new 2014 CTS for being a loyal owner of a second Gen CTS. Offer good until Jan 2. Makes you take pause. Although my wallet needs a lot more for the pricey CTS, every little bit helps, i.e. GM Card money, trade-in, etc. Unfortunately GM considers the ATS as the successor for owners of the second Gen CTS in terms of purchase prices. But once you have a CTS you don't want to move over to the ATS. IMO.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by jghiller
    Just received an email from Cadillac giving me a $1000 credit towards the purchase of a new 2014 CTS for being a loyal owner of a second Gen CTS. Offer good until Jan 2. Makes you take pause. Although my wallet needs a lot more for the pricey CTS, every little bit helps, i.e. GM Card money, trade-in, etc. Unfortunately GM considers the ATS as the successor for owners of the second Gen CTS in terms of purchase prices. But once you have a CTS you don't want to move over to the ATS. IMO.
    I've gotten the 1000 gm loyalty since 2003. The email is probably just a marketing thing. But the 1k has always been available

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by jghiller
    Is it me, but I don't think it's all that much? In a couple of months you should be able to negotiate that. I guess initially when the cars are selling close to MSRP, it may be all you can get.

like2drive is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere

Re: Tempting Offer for 2014 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    Is it me, but I don't think it's all that much? In a couple of months you should be able to negotiate that. I guess initially when the cars are selling close to MSRP, it may be all you can get.
    I'm with you on this. I also think it's not that much.! Will take more than that to make me bulge...even though it seems to be a very nice car.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Just got the brochure thing you talked about in the mail today. Definitely a marketing thing

Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

$1k? They were offering $5K off 2013s.... that in addition to the dealer discount and the reward cards...

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader View Post
    $1k? They were offering $5K off 2013s.... that in addition to the dealer discount and the reward cards...
    $8K on 13 CTS Premiums with $4k off on 13 ATS's

Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

I got the same thing on the CTS yesterday and today got one on the GMC, $1000 loyalty.

Did dome builds - 1 for Performance nicely optioned with the good stuff like 12 inch console config, premium paint, Moreno red interior, advanced security, etc., and 1 for Premium with premium Plumpaint, both with the less expensive 2.0L Turbo and cost was essentially the same. With the over $4K difference in base price, you can go with the Performance setup ending very similar to Premium at $63,905(Perf) vs $63,970(Prem). No point to make - just an interesting comparison trying for apples to apples comparison. I didnt check all the standard features against each other - just too many to review but something you need to do so you dont miss some option important to you.

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

I suspect bigger offers on the 2014's after the inventory builds a bit. I doubt many will be running out to buy a decently equipped 2014 sedan for 60K ++. Here in the Chicago area incentives increase as we get closer to auto show time which is in February.

We will see about the strategy to increase cost for CTS and thus force customers to ATS if they still want a Cadillac. Most of us fell in love with the 08 CTS and the most reasonable cost making for many like me, the ability to buy my first Caddy. But now with the CTS priced as it is, even though its loaded with technology and features galore, GM may lose a lot of buyers both new and repeat. imo

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.