When it's time to sell your CTS, what's it gonna be?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: What would replace your 2nd gen CTS?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3rd Gen CTS

6 16.67%
  • ATS (or ATS-V), XTS or other Cadillac

12 33.33%
  • I'm done with Cadillac - going European (or other foreign)

6 16.67%
  • You Crazy? I'm keeping my 2nd gen CTS forever.

10 27.78%
  • None of the above - I'll buy some other domestic.

2 5.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, When it's time to sell your CTS, what's it gonna be? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; When times comes to sell your 2nd gen. CTS, what would replace it? Let's hear what you choose, and why....
    jaymsu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Wagon / '06 Corvette / '11 Jag XF / '06 350Z vert

When it's time to sell your CTS, what's it gonna be?

When times comes to sell your 2nd gen. CTS, what would replace it?
    Let's hear what you choose, and why.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Re: When it's time to sell your CTS, what's it gonna be?

GL350, same MPG and I can tow the race car and the camper (not at the same time)

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Not really sure. I tend to keep my cars for a while until I just fall in love with something and I say to myself, "gotta have it". Until then I tend to be happy with what I have.

Presently nothing grabs me. The new CTS doesn't "move me" in the same way the CTS coupe did. I'd love a CTS-V coupe but that won't happen.

I'd probably look at an Audi coupe as I like the looks of those, BMW or maybe the Lexus GS. I always thought people who drive BMWs were lemmings but after owning our X5 (bought it because my wife liked the looks) I have become a fan of their handling and that is an SUV.

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Another USA made station wagon.

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

At 71 years old and only 51K on my 2008 I hope it out last me. I do <3K miles/year now.

EDIT: 4970 miles in the last 20 months and 1500 of that was a trip to Nashville. At this rate I will surly be dead before reaching 80K miles.

mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    Quote Originally Posted by hauler
    Another USA made station wagon.
    You should go for one of those old Ford Taurus wagons...those things were beasts! I think they had more square footage than my living room!

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

Absolutely no idea!

jaymsu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Wagon / '06 Corvette / '11 Jag XF / '06 350Z vert

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercoffee2 View Post
    At 71 years old and only 51K on my 2008 I hope it out last me. I do <3K miles/year now.

EDIT: 4970 miles in the last 20 months and 1500 of that was a trip to Nashville. At this rate I will surly be dead before reaching 80K miles.
    That's a response I never expected... Well, 71 is still young, don't ya think?? Age is only number. You are as young as you think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    Not really sure. I tend to keep my cars for a while until I just fall in love with something and I say to myself, "gotta have it". Until then I tend to be happy with what I have.

Presently nothing grabs me. The new CTS doesn't "move me" in the same way the CTS coupe did. I'd love a CTS-V coupe but that won't happen.

I'd probably look at an Audi coupe as I like the looks of those, BMW or maybe the Lexus GS. I always thought people who drive BMWs were lemmings but after owning our X5 (bought it because my wife liked the looks) I have become a fan of their handling and that is an SUV.
    Lol, were buying an X5 for my wife.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by jaymsu View Post
    That's a response I never expected... Well, 71 is still young, don't ya think?? Age is only number. You are as young as you think you are.
    In all things, there are surprises and unexpected twists. My dad lived to the ripe old age of 94 AND he was still driving at 93 (though he shouldn't have been) when I took his keys away. So, Mistercoffee, who knows, maybe it's time for a new 2014 Corvette C7!

Marv

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor
    Lol, were buying an X5 for my wife.
    She originally wanted and fell in love with a CPO Range Rover. I just about had a heart attack.

Her previous vehicle was a 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser that we bought new and had 160K miles on it. We had a couple of issues with that early on that could have been expensive if not for an extended warranty, but the last 120k miles that vehicle was bulletproof. Not one repair, just maintenance and tires. Still ran great and everything worked great too. Also was in great shape since I tend to gush and fuss over my cars.

I think she just got the itch since I had just purchased the CTS. The Range Rover was gorgeous but I was scared to death of it from a maintenance and reliability perspective. Not that BMW has a much better reputation, but to me it seemed like the lesser of the two evils.

The issue was that she had to have one with the Oyster interior and we were going the CPO route. She wasn't interested in any other color. I had to search within a 200 mile radius to find one.

In the beginning it took time for her to get used to it which is understandable after you've lived with a vehicle for 8 years and 160K miles. It is smaller (but a much more gratifying driving experience), Not to mention that the Germans do things a bit different than the Japanese.

In the end she really likes it and in over a year of ownership I only had one minor problem with the backup camera (covered under warranty). Other than that it has been solid. Love BMW's covered maintenance. Much more comprehensive than Cadillac's. Covers all fluids including brake flushes and also brake jobs. When it went in for the camera repair they replaced the rear pads and rotors (they don't machine them).

No additional money out of my pocket.

You looking at the new one or a pre-owned? We have a 2011. Like I said, really enjoy ours and in many respects it has a sportier drive than the CTS.

Nice thanks for the info, we are going to replace her much loved 09 SRX (I had to go 1500 miles to get, you guys living in the states don't know how nice some things are) with a 2011 35D, it really is the perfect size for her and has what we need. The SRX is awesome but we have had an SRX for over 7 years now and looking for some extra range and tow if I don't get the GL350 before race season starts. She has owned 91 Talon, 00 Envoy, 01 A4, 03 A6, 04 SRX, 09 SRX and I would buy another GM no problem but the X5 package is just really nice as you said.

BreakingThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium

I'd love to move up to a 3G CTS Vsport, loaded, but that'll probably be too rich for my blood, even in a few years. I also love the look of the next-gen Escalade, but I feel like that's just truly excessive for a single guy in LA.

I'll see what the ATS coupe looks like, as well as the ATS Vsport. Maybe one of those. I used to be head-over-heels for the Audi A5, but I feel like that design, while timeless, is old news now. I saw an RS5 at my gym yesterday, and while it looks very nice, it didn't grab me like it did a few years ago. And knowing Audi, the next-gen A5 will be little changed from the current.

calif phil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe
    2014 cts

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Quote Originally Posted by mcneill8328 View Post
    You should go for one of those old Ford Taurus wagons...those things were beasts! I think they had more square footage than my living room!
    Got to have power and class. If no USA company is making a wagon when I'm ready for vehicle number 29, I'll renew my search for a 50s-60s restomod Chevy wagon. When I searched last year, they were just more expensive than my new Sportwagon and they don't have warranties. But they DO have power and class.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.