When it's time to sell your CTS, what's it gonna be? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: What would replace your 2nd gen CTS?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3rd Gen CTS

6 16.67%
  • ATS (or ATS-V), XTS or other Cadillac

12 33.33%
  • I'm done with Cadillac - going European (or other foreign)

6 16.67%
  • You Crazy? I'm keeping my 2nd gen CTS forever.

10 27.78%
  • None of the above - I'll buy some other domestic.

2 5.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, When it's time to sell your CTS, what's it gonna be? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by conedoctor Nice thanks for the info, we are going to replace her much loved 09 SRX (I ...
    gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor
    Nice thanks for the info, we are going to replace her much loved 09 SRX (I had to go 1500 miles to get, you guys living in the states don't know how nice some things are) with a 2011 35D, it really is the perfect size for her and has what we need. The SRX is awesome but we have had an SRX for over 7 years now and looking for some extra range and tow if I don't get the GL350 before race season starts. She has owned 91 Talon, 00 Envoy, 01 A4, 03 A6, 04 SRX, 09 SRX and I would buy another GM no problem but the X5 package is just really nice as you said.
    Ours is a Premiium model that comes with Comfort, Cold Weather and upgraded sound packages.

She came out of an '86 Taurus, 1990 Buick Skylark, '93 Mazda, MX-6 LS (V6), 1995 Nissan Pathfinder SE, 1998 Nissan Pathfinder LE and traded that it for a used 1998 Toyota Landcruiser until we bought the brand new Landcruiser in 2004. Good luck with the X5.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Re: When it's time to sell your CTS, what's it gonna be?

So many possibilities, but at the same time.... It's kind of like when you just get back from the grocery store and say, we got nothing to eat. In other words, I don't know. However, I've been following certain brands, including Cadillac, for future cars, and definitely have my eye on a few models. Lucky for me, I'm only choosing a coupe so that rules out several cars, such as the 2014+ CTS. Here's my list, and a LOT depends on where I'm at financially in a couple years: I keep telling myself more performance and better mpg. So, top of the list would be the C7 Vette--much better performance and even better mileage than my present coupe. Other strong contenders: the Alpha Romero 4C (If the expected price of $55K is true), the Audi S5, the MB C350 coupe, possibly the 2-series BMW, the SRT Barracuda, the ATS coupe, and probably not feasible due to insurance, but a Porsche Cayman is something I will have to test drive. I'm also liking the Jags, even used, but it's still a little too much for me now. I want to go new again, so we'll see where we're I'm at in a year or two or three. So, how's that for a list of possibilities, which made it difficult to answer the poll question.

------

I should add that there are ones I am definitely NOT considering: the new CTS, even as a coupe, because it's too big, the 4-series, the ELR (unfortunately, they outpriced me)

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by jaymsu View Post
    That's a response I never expected... Well, 71 is still young, don't ya think?? Age is only number. You are as young as you think you are.
    Well even if I last another 20 years, at my current annual milage my 2008 will be below 100K.

I'm good.

^^ I'm kinda with you on the C7. Depending on finances, that may be a possibility.

Edit. Meant that towards Angelbones.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
    I was faced with this decision a year ago. Traded my 09 V for a 13 6MT V wagon. There was simply nothing else in that price range that was as satisfying. Still love the styling, and the old tech in the drivetrain is almost bulletproof.
    EVH5150 likes this.

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

I'm "only" 67. I've owned two Chevies, a Corvair, a Volkswagen, a Dodge (oy, vey!), a BMW, three Toyotas, an Acura, two Infinitis, four Mercedes, and now two CTSs. As a grandfather, I worry a lot about the American economy and especially about the future of the middle class in this country, which depend on good domestic jobs. I think I'll stick with American made, namely Caddy, and of its offerings, I like the CTS. Maybe a CTS-V or V Sport next time. Maybe.
    hauler likes this.

jimmie jam is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS LUXE

My love for Cadillac goes back to 1977 when I ordered my first CDV. I still have the order sheet and letter from Cadillac Motor Car Division in Detroit thanking me for the order. That car had 25 opions on it, yes, 25. MSRP for this car? $11,551.00 including $110 destination charge. Times have changed with many, many new Cadillacs for me over the years including the infamous 1979 diesel Seville and I even had a 2001 Catera which was a great car believe it or not. I gave up my practice 5 years ago @ 55 so when I got my '11 CST i'm thinking that it will be a while before it gets replaced (just 17k on it now). The "bug" is always biting and the cars keep getting better....who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie jam
    My love for Cadillac goes back to 1977 when I ordered my first CDV. I still have the order sheet and letter from Cadillac Motor Car Division in Detroit thanking me for the order. That car had 25 opions on it, yes, 25. MSRP for this car? $11,551.00 including $110 destination charge. Times have changed with many, many new Cadillacs for me over the years including the infamous 1979 diesel Seville and I even had a 2001 Catera which was a great car believe it or not. I gave up my practice 5 years ago @ 55 so when I got my '11 CST i'm thinking that it will be a while before it gets replaced (just 17k on it now). The "bug" is always biting and the cars keep getting better....who knows?
    My parents had a '77 Coupe deVille that I often drove. Probably more than they did. Loved, LOVED that car.

It was a burnt orange color with a white landau top.

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    My parents had a '77 Coupe deVille that I often drove. Probably more than they did. Loved, LOVED that car.

It was a burnt orange color with a white landau top.
    Yea, 425 CI V8. Mine was white with a white leather interior w/red piping/carpets/dash. Even though the "landau" top was an option they didn't make any without it. I waited for mine because I did not want the vinyl top and they had to have a color keyed bezel for the opera window made. That was a great car.

Douglas Rome is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-4 3.0 Base sedan black/black

This is my first ever Caddy, my mom had a late 60's CDV, and I love it, it's made so much
    better than Detroit's other offerings. I already know that I will be buying a used 2013 CTS sedan
    next year and trading in this current 2011. I have never been a used car buyer, but these new car
    prices are way too high, when you can get a two year old model for about half price. thanks, douglas

jeffc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 DI Premium
    As some of you know, I traded my 08 CTS4 in for a 2013 Buick Lacrosse Touring back in August. I like the luxury ride, adjustable suspension/steering, soft seats, updated infotainment system but it just doesn't work for me in regards to the "entire package". Will be back to buy a 2013 or 2014 CTS coupe in the next year or two myself...even my 8 year old thinks I made a mistake by not getting the coupe. lol, I guess the CTS suited me better than I initially thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Rome View Post
    I already know that I will be buying a used 2013 CTS sedan
    next year and trading in this current 2011. I have never been a used car buyer, but these new car
    prices are way too high
    Purchasing a "Certified" one year old model with low miles is the best economic decision anyone can make if you can get past having "brand new".
    RAB likes this.

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

Hard to say. Hoping to get through my last two years of undergrad and hopefully 6-8 years of med school after that so by that time who knows we might have flightsuits by then. I bought this baby to appease my love of (nice) cars so I could focus on school instead of hating the car I had to drive everyday to school.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie jam View Post
    Yea, 425 CI V8. ... That was a great car.
    Yes it was. They got rid of it when they bought their first brand new car ever (the '77 was purchased used), a '91 Brougham d'Elegance.

Nice looking car (although it didn't change much over the years), but it was a pig. The 5.0 liter in that car was pretty anemic and it couldn't get out of it's own way.

I still wish I could get my hands a decent '77-'79 coupe.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
    As some of you know, I traded my 08 CTS4 in for a 2013 Buick Lacrosse Touring back in August. I like the luxury ride, adjustable suspension/steering, soft seats, updated infotainment system but it just doesn't work for me in regards to the "entire package". Will be back to buy a 2013 or 2014 CTS coupe in the next year or two myself...even my 8 year old thinks I made a mistake by not getting the coupe. lol, I guess the CTS suited me better than I initially thought!
    My son is working me hard to get a V coupe and I'm starting to listen. Lot's of voices in my head about it. The voice of reason and logic and the voice of, "life is short, DO IT!"

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

[/COLOR]

My son is working me hard to get a V coupe and I'm starting to listen. Lot's of voices in my head about it. The voice of reason and logic and the voice of, "life is short, DO IT!"[/QUOTE]

DO IT!
    gohawks63 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.