2010 CTS purchase
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2010 CTS purchase in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hi Group: New to the site as this is my first post. Hoping to get some feedback on a purchase. ...
  1. #1
    SAL C is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Age
    48
    Posts
    16

    2010 CTS purchase

    Hi Group:

    New to the site as this is my first post. Hoping to get some feedback on a purchase. I have found a 2010 CTS performance model at my local Caddy dealer. It has 34,000 miles, I have confirmed it is CPO, it has the 3.6 DI, AWD, nav, sunroof, remote start, plus everything else that comes with the performance model. The dealer has come down from $30,000 to $28,000. I still think this is too high. I don't think it should be any higher than $27,000.

    They also have a 2010 CTS, 3.0L, AWD, 41000 miles, Luxury, Sunroof, CPO, none of the other bells and whistles. They're asking 28,000, I think I can get it for under 25,000.

    I live in CT, just to give you a geographic location, AWD come in handy. Any thoughts if I should go any further, or which might be the better deal. The 3.6 is sweet, but I don't really want to overpay for it.

    Anything I may have missed re questions, please let me know. I appreciate any and all feedback, and hope to become a CTS owner and regular on this site. Thanks.

    Sal

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Denver - Castle Pines, CO
    Age
    70
    Posts
    844

    Re: 2010 CTS purchase

    Sal,

    Pricing is a very local thing. It's hard to generalize on pricing across the country. In my view the Luxury is overpriced and the Performance priced right, but that's just my opinion. Go ahead and try at $27,000 all they can do is say no, but be prepared to negotiate higher if need be!

    I would buy the Performance because it has the bells and whistles. Have you driven them both? I think you would find yourself wanting those after the purchase!

    Good Luck, Marv

  4. #3
    Douglas Rome is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-4 3.0 Base sedan 2nd owner bought used 22Kmi
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Elburn IL
    Age
    68
    Posts
    164

    Re: 2010 CTS purchase

    I bought a 2011 CTS Base a couple months ago, it had 22k on it; I paid
    $23,800. the car was perfect, not a mark on it, the color I wanted, etc.
    the one thing about the base that I miss is the seat option, heated/cooled,
    memory, easy exit, other than that I can live with the Base. thanks, Douglas

  5. #4
    Twentybucks is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Luxury Black Raven
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    115

    Re: 2010 CTS purchase

    Last February I purchased a 2010 CTS Luxury AWD, black on black. It had 23,000 miles on it. They wanted $29,393 for it. I took the car, not Cadillac Certified for $26,393. When you buy a Cadillac that is "Cadillac Certified" all you are doing is purchasing an extended warranty from Cadillac. This usually adds anywhere from $1,200 - $1,500 to the price of a used Caddy. I opted out because I still had so much of the original warranty left. I live in Mass.

  6. #5
    SAL C is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Age
    48
    Posts
    16
    Thanks Marv, Douglas, and twentybucks. I appreciate your replies. Big question, are you happy with your rides? I also made an error, the car I have been negotiating on is a premium model not performance. So it is an upgrade. Marv, you're right the bells and whistles are nice. I drove both and the 3.6L is sweet. Maybe the deal isn't as bad as I think?

  7. #6
    Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Denver - Castle Pines, CO
    Age
    70
    Posts
    844

    Re: 2010 CTS purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by SAL C View Post
    Thanks Marv, Douglas, and twentybucks. I appreciate your replies. Big question, are you happy with your rides? I also made an error, the car I have been negotiating on is a premium model not performance. So it is an upgrade. Marv, you're right the bells and whistles are nice. I drove both and the 3.6L is sweet. Maybe the deal isn't as bad as I think?
    I love my CTS Premium and wouldn't look back from my purchase. Approx. year ago my car had 18K miles, it now has 36K miles of highway driving from Denver to Boise, Idaho (Aug 2012 to March 2013) to take care of my aging father who has since passed away. I paid $31,000 at the time, so your car at $28,000 isn't too bad. I would offer 27 and see what they counter with.

    Go with your gut, Marv

  8. #7
    99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    N.E. OH
    Posts
    568

    Re: 2010 CTS purchase

    Is your current ride FWD ? RWD ? AWD ?
    Let`s frame your expectations

  9. #8
    SAL C is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Age
    48
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbbt View Post

    I love my CTS Premium and wouldn't look back from my purchase. Approx. year ago my car had 18K miles, it now has 36K miles of highway driving from Denver to Boise, Idaho (Aug 2012 to March 2013) to take care of my aging father who has since passed away. I paid $31,000 at the time, so your car at $28,000 isn't too bad. I would offer 27 and see what they counter with.

    Go with your gut, Marv
    Thanks. Last thing I'd want is to spend a good chunk of change and then second guess my purchase. Think I'll stick to my guns at 27000 and see what happens.

    Sal

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by 99flhr View Post
    Is your current ride FWD ? RWD ? AWD ?
    Let`s frame your expectations
    FWD. Although I miss not having AWD.

  10. #9
    SAL C is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Age
    48
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL C View Post

    Thanks. Last thing I'd want is to spend a good chunk of change and then second guess my purchase. Think I'll stick to my guns at 27000 and see what happens.

    Sal

    ----------



    FWD. Although I miss not having AWD.
    Thanks again Marv. Sorry about your dad.

  11. #10
    Twentybucks is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Luxury Black Raven
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    115

    Re: 2010 CTS purchase

    I don't regret the purchase of my 2010 CTS Luxury 3.0 AWD and the price I paid. I had a vibration issue at highway speeds between 50 -60 mph. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the rear driveshaft and seal under warranty. Other than that the car is rock solid. Even though it is a 2010 I still have people walk up to me and compliment on the look of the CTS and ask how I like it.

  12. #11
    SAL C is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Age
    48
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Twentybucks View Post
    I don't regret the purchase of my 2010 CTS Luxury 3.0 AWD and the price I paid. I had a vibration issue at highway speeds between 50 -60 mph. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the rear driveshaft and seal under warranty. Other than that the car is rock solid. Even though it is a 2010 I still have people walk up to me and compliment on the look of the CTS and ask how I like it.
    Thanks Twentybucks. I'm glad to hear you're happy with your purchase. I really love the look of the CTS. You also answered a big question for me regarding reliability. It's good to hear you have been trouble free except for the vibration issue which the dealer took care of. All of the CTS' s I have seen are in the mid 30 - 40 k miles. Wish there was something with less miles nearby, but you go with what you got. Has the AWD been useful for you? Being from Mass. You deal with the same issues I do (weather, traffic, etc) how has mpg been for you?

  13. #12
    Twentybucks is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Luxury Black Raven
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    115

    Re: 2010 CTS purchase

    Quote Originally Posted by SAL C View Post
    Thanks Twentybucks. I'm glad to hear you're happy with your purchase. I really love the look of the CTS. You also answered a big question for me regarding reliability. It's good to hear you have been trouble free except for the vibration issue which the dealer took care of. All of the CTS' s I have seen are in the mid 30 - 40 k miles. Wish there was something with less miles nearby, but you go with what you got. Has the AWD been useful for you? Being from Mass. You deal with the same issues I do (weather, traffic, etc) how has mpg been for you?
    The funny thing is I don't really use the AWD because I don't drive it in the snow or when the roads are salted. I have a Chevy Suburban and a 4WD Chevy pickup that I use so the CTS stays in the garage for a good part of the winter. I could have gone RWD but the car was there, black on black, low miles, immaculate and the price was right so I jumped on it.

    My commute is 100 miles round trip in bad Boston traffic and the CTS does very well, I get about 24 MPG with that being 60% highway 40% city.

    Other than the driveshaft, this car is solid, not a squeak or rattle in it.

    Hope that helps and good luck, if you buy one show us a few pictures.

  14. #13
    SAL C is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Age
    48
    Posts
    16
    Thanks for everything. If all goes well. I'll have some pictures to post pretty soon

  15. #14
    SAL C is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Age
    48
    Posts
    16
    My last offer was 27k, they countered saying their absolute best is 28500. Dealer just came back saying what do we have to do get this done. Do I go back with 27500 or sit tight?

    This is a 2010 cts premium 34000 miles. AWD, all the bells and whistles, happens to be CPO. Thanks

    ----------

    Typo. Their best was 28000 not 28500.

  16. #15
    Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Denver - Castle Pines, CO
    Age
    70
    Posts
    844

    Re: 2010 CTS purchase

    I would do 27500 and let it sit. If they want to sell they will make the deal.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting