2010 CTS purchase - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2010 CTS purchase in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; What Dealer is it, I wouldn't mind looking it if you didn't mind. You might want to stand firm at ...
    Twentybucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Luxury Black Raven

Re: 2010 CTS purchase

What Dealer is it, I wouldn't mind looking it if you didn't mind.

You might want to stand firm at 27K while reminding them that the car is almost 4 years old. I usually hit them on the age of the car to gain some leverage.

SAL C is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Thanks Marv. Twentybucks - the dealer is Daddario in Shelton ct. It is on his website. Thanks.

----------

Is 27K even too much?

Nice, black on black just like mine. The ad doesn't say it is CPO though, are you sure it is certified?

For what it is worth, a quick check on Kelly Blue Book for my zip code here in Southeastern Mass has it at $29,771, dealer price, Cadillac Certified Pre Owned.

mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    If you have the patience to wait, then wait and see if they come down. If you need a car and this one has everything you want, just get it. It might be 4 years old, but with only 34k miles on it, it's still very new. I wouldn't sweat $1k if it's something you really want. It's hard finding a used vehicle that matches your expectations. If it does, you better get it before someone else does!

Quote Originally Posted by Twentybucks View Post
    Nice, black on black just like mine. The ad doesn't say it is CPO though, are you sure it is certified?

For what it is worth, a quick check on Kelly Blue Book for my zip code here in Southeastern Mass has it at $29,771, dealer price, Cadillac Certified Pre Owned.
    I asked the same question. It does say certified in the body of the ad and when I went to drive it, it had a cpo sticker on the car. I also looked at KBB and saw about the same pricing you got. That's the North East for you . It is the end of the month, and its been on their lot for two months, maybe he'll break.

Quote Originally Posted by mcneill8328 View Post
    If you have the patience to wait, then wait and see if they come down. If you need a car and this one has everything you want, just get it. It might be 4 years old, but with only 34k miles on it, it's still very new. I wouldn't sweat $1k if it's something you really want. It's hard finding a used vehicle that matches your expectations. If it does, you better get it before someone else does!
    Ditto that.

A quick look at the NADA price for the North East has it at $30,600.

calif phil is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe
    I would just buy it. If someone else does you are going to kick yourself.
    explorenorth likes this.

steelpony5555 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS Vanilla Latte

Hmmmmm that old thought of just walking away and they will call may have worked in times gone by. But unless that car has been sitting on the lot for a long time, which is rare on larger lots, then the dealer don't really care if you walk away cause he will find someone else to sell it too. If you can't make a deal right then and there, then it ain't gonna happen. Has been a long time since I have walked away from a deal and had them call me the next day, ain't happenin no more. The price they are offering really don't seem that bad and seems fair. You can try to hold out on your 27.5 but in todays market that car can be gone that afternoon to someone else.

Douglas Rome is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-4 3.0 Base sedan black/black

When I was looking to buy my used CTS, I knew what I wanted year and color and mileage. I went
    to look at one on a used car lot, very nice loaded CTS, had all my wants. The guy wanted $28K, I
    offered $25K and he let me walk. I ended up buying one for $23.8K nothing on it base model, the lot
    started out at asking $28K, I offered $20K and we settled on the price of 23.8. This was over the phone
    I live near Chicago and this lot was in Milwaukee they had plenty of pics and the carfax, delivered it
    to my house a couple days later, with the understanding if anything was out of order I would not be
    obliged to accept it. thanks, douglas

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I sealed the deal a few minutes ago. End of the month worked. $27,300. Thanks to all of you for your time and advice. Sal
    C "T" ess, rddd1962 and mnmjack like this.

calif phil is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Congrats That sounds like a nice car.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL C
    Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I sealed the deal a few minutes ago. End of the month worked. $27,300. Thanks to all of you for your time and advice. Sal
    Congrats and enjoy.

Tjanks

----------

Quote Originally Posted by SAL C View Post
    Tjanks
    Thanks

Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by Twentybucks View Post
    Nice job!
    Thanks Twenybucks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.