New 2013 CTS Coupe
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, New 2013 CTS Coupe in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; In early September, I replaced my 2008 CTS-4 Premium Sedan. I considered waiting for the "Generation III" 2014 CTS Sedan. ...
    Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

New 2013 CTS Coupe

In early September, I replaced my 2008 CTS-4 Premium Sedan. I considered waiting for the "Generation III" 2014 CTS Sedan. However, I have wanted a CTS Coupe since first seeing them for 2011, and I learned the 2014 CTS Coupes are essentially the same as the 2013 CTS Coupes. Sure, I wish Cadillac had updated the CTS Coupe even more, but nothing on my "wish list" rises to the level of being a deal-breaker. When I found this "Stealth Blue Special Edition," the looks won me over (and the economics of this model compared to the generation III CTS Sedan was a plus)! Since getting it, my schedule has been busy, but after washing the car today I finally got a few pics (at the Car Wash) to post.

The "Stealth Blue Special Edition" (RPO Code BE3) includes Stealth Blue Metallic Exterior Color, Twilight Blue Leather Seating Surfaces with Twilight Blue Sueded Fabric Inserts, Luxury Level One Package Content, Navigation Package, Rainsense Wipers, Midnight Sapele Wood Trim Package, V-Series CHMSL [brake light spoiler], Sport Grille and high polished wheels. The car also has the Performance Package (RPO Code Y43) consisting of 19" Summer Tires, steering wheel mounted paddle shift controls, 19" polished wheels, performance cooling system, performance suspension, automatic level control, and (J55) performance brake system.

There are other features not on my previous CTS, including: Back-Up Camera, Blind-Zone Alert, Electronic Parking Brake, more horsepower (304 hp to 321 hp)--but mostly the "show car" styling of all CTS Coupes! Even the build quality is far better than my 2008 CTS (it was built November 2007) and smoothness of engine idle and the ride quietness are superior, too. It rides and handles like a dream, all the while parting traffic with its good looks during my urban commute! It might just be the perfect car, except for one thing . . . no car is perfect! Cadillac should really enhance this model while keeping the styling crisp and bold--this is their niche! Here are those pics:
    Attached Images
    mnmjack likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RAB
    RAB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Re: New 2013 CTS Coupe

Congratulations Loveldos!! Beautiful special edition car Richard, very nice. Lovely color and overall look. Enjoy my friend, and all the best - you have chosen very well indeed.
    If you can, please post a few more larger /higher res photos of your '13 CTS Coupe using photobucket.com as host for your images here. I'd like to see some additional and even better views of your new CTS!

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Awesome! I love the color and cool interior with the blue seats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos View Post
    In early September, I replaced my 2008 CTS-4 Premium Sedan. I considered waiting for the "Generation III" 2014 CTS Sedan. However, I have wanted a CTS Coupe since first seeing them for 2011, and I learned the 2014 CTS Coupes are essentially the same as the 2013 CTS Coupes. Sure, I wish Cadillac had updated the CTS Coupe even more, but nothing on my "wish list" rises to the level of being a deal-breaker. When I found this "Stealth Blue Special Edition," the looks won me over (and the economics of this model compared to the generation III CTS Sedan was a plus)! Since getting it, my schedule has been busy, but after washing the car today I finally got a few pics (at the Car Wash) to post.

The "Stealth Blue Special Edition" (RPO Code BE3) includes Stealth Blue Metallic Exterior Color, Twilight Blue Leather Seating Surfaces with Twilight Blue Sueded Fabric Inserts, Luxury Level One Package Content, Navigation Package, Rainsense Wipers, Midnight Sapele Wood Trim Package, V-Series CHMSL [brake light spoiler], Sport Grille and high polished wheels. The car also has the Performance Package (RPO Code Y43) consisting of 19" Summer Tires, steering wheel mounted paddle shift controls, 19" polished wheels, performance cooling system, performance suspension, automatic level control, and (J55) performance brake system.

There are other features not on my previous CTS, including: Back-Up Camera, Blind-Zone Alert, Electronic Parking Brake, more horsepower (304 hp to 321 hp)--but mostly the "show car" styling of all CTS Coupes! Even the build quality is far better than my 2008 CTS (it was built November 2007) and smoothness of engine idle and the ride quietness are superior, too. It rides and handles like a dream, all the while parting traffic with its good looks during my urban commute! It might just be the perfect car, except for one thing . . . no car is perfect! Cadillac should really enhance this model while keeping the styling crisp and bold--this is their niche! Here are those pics:

----------

Cool door panels as well!!!
    C "T" ess and mnmjack like this.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Congratulations, beautiful car.

Your comment about the build quality resonates with me. I have read so many people complain about how cheap the interiors of the CTS look and I just didn't get it My 12 premium coupe is as nice as my previous Acura RL. I had chalked it up to most people having the base model but maybe the build quality has improved over the years.

Enjoy!

RAB, when I can take a break later, I'll work on posting through Photobucket--the site here kept making me reduce the size,etc. and the quality of the images diminished. EVH5150, I am partial to Stealth Blue (it's rather iridescent) and the blue interior (it's been almost twenty years since Cadillac offered a blue leather interior). And Gohawks63, this is the most solidly built vehicle I have had--and I owned an Acura Legend L Coupe and Acura 3.0CL Coupe and '03 and '08 CTS's before. The car is so firmly planted on the road it seems glued to it while in motion!

calif phil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Very sharp car. We just bought a '12 coupe instead of the '14 sedan that we had on order. The interior of the coupe is much improved over the 2011 STS we traded in.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos
    RAB, when I can take a break later, I'll work on posting through Photobucket--the site here kept making me reduce the size,etc. and the quality of the images diminished. EVH5150, I am partial to Stealth Blue (it's rather iridescent) and the blue interior (it's been almost twenty years since Cadillac offered a blue leather interior). And Gohawks63, this is the most solidly built vehicle I have had--and I owned an Acura Legend L Coupe and Acura 3.0CL Coupe and '03 and '08 CTS's before. The car is so firmly planted on the road it seems glued to it while in motion!
    LOVED those Legend coupes, especially the 2nd gen versions. I occasionally will see one and the shape still looks classic. Unfortunately all the ones that I do see are ravaged by rust.

The Legend coupe was probably my favorite coupe until the CTS coupe came out.

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

I would like to see that interior up close an personal, so do the next best thing and post some more pics. Nice car, and I like it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos View Post

Beautiful looking Cadillac, Loveldos! Congrats on your recent purchase of the 2013 Stealth Blue Special Edition CTS Coupe. Continue to enjoy your awesome ride and ownership experience.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

MotownPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

I saw the Silver Frost in my dealership's showroom a couple of weeks ago when I took my car in for service. They had it roped off so you could get up close to it.

While I am usually not a fan of matte finishes on cars, it did look nice.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

I've been critical in the past of this color from other photos and representations I've seen, but I must say your photos actually make me like the color better than I thought. Even the blue on black interior looks better than any representations of the interior than I have seen before. I still prefer the Opulent Blue, but your car is definitely going to have an even rarer quality to it, than most CTS coupes. I don't know if the numbers will be as low as the 65 manuals produced in 2011, but I'm sure there won't be many out there with that special edition. Thus, making your car even more special and unique. Congrats.

dlpuette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 AWD Performance Coupe, 2011 Harley ElectraGlide Limited

Congrats on your Beautiful car!! Love the interior!

But I'm partial to blue!!!

Thanks for all the positive comments! I managed to load the pics onto Photobucket (plus I just had to throw in two recents of my old Eldo Convert). I'll get more interior photos on the next sunny day when I'm not working. The article about "matte" finishes only applied to the Silver Frost color (i.e. requiring hand washing--but I only do that anyways)--the Stealth Blue looks like dark blue metallic in the garage or on a cloudy day somewhat resembles the former "Blue Diamond" color offered in '09 and '10. It's in the sunshine that the color looks best, in my opinion. Although my last two CTS's did not have striping (I know it is out of vogue), I did get Dark Blue striping on this one since it adds to the long, low, wide and "planted stance" of the car (and the doors seem much higher than on the CTS Sedans)! I can always remove them if they look too bad. I've ordered custom dark blue carpeted floor mats and the Midnight Sapele Wood insert for the rear console (available on the CTS V-Series Coupes). Here is the link:

http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/rf...?sort=3&page=1

or at this album (double click will increase size):

http://photos.cadillaclasalleclub.or...s.php?album=13
    mnmjack likes this.

South Shore 2 Door is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS AWD Premium Coupe

Great color !

Can't go wrong with a Special Edition !

Copy the "IMG" code from Photobucket to get the chosen photo to appear in the post.

Here's a good shot from from your Photbucket that shows Stealth Blue in the wild.

Enjoy your Coupe, and take some other shots to post up
    mnmjack likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.