2014 CTS Review on Motorweek
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2014 CTS Review on Motorweek in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; This week on Motorweek on VELOCity channel has a thorough review of the new CTS, although a VSPORT version at ...
    jghiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Sedan Lux Silver Coast

2014 CTS Review on Motorweek

This week on Motorweek on VELOCity channel has a thorough review of the new CTS, although a VSPORT version at $60K was a bit confusing as to what configuration it offered. Starting prices at $46K(ouch up 10K from 2008), but I am sure there is technology and features in that price not available in 08.
    Looking at the car didnt have the awe it had when the 08 came out. They showed a dull looking silver model which did nothing to make the car stand out. Besides the vertical LEDs from the top side of the headlights and then continuing down the side to where fog lights would be make it stand out when coming at you. But missing was the need for a fog lamp config which would enhance the front a bunch. Not sure if fog lamps are available. I thought I heard something that they were not. If true that would be a big mistake. The rear lights are like the ATS/XTS and not as nice as the 08-12 lights IMO.
    The new engine hood and front grille help distinguish the CTS from the ATS/XTS with all 3 looking a lot like the other IMO. No talk about HUD or ambient lighting. They said roof line down an inch so I would guess its gonna be a real challenge with headroom with the ubiquitous sunroofs.
    I am sure most of you know a lot more about them as I haven't really checked out the configurations and options on the website yet. Show is worth catching.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by jghiller
    This week on Motorweek on VELOCity channel has a thorough review of the new CTS, although a VSPORT version at $60K was a bit confusing as to what configuration it offered. Starting prices at $46K(ouch up 10K from 2008), but I am sure there is technology and features in that price not available in 08. Looking at the car didnt have the awe it had when the 08 came out. They showed a dull looking silver model which did nothing to make the car stand out. Besides the vertical LEDs from the top side of the headlights and then continuing down the side to where fog lights would be make it stand out when coming at you. But missing was the need for a fog lamp config which would enhance the front a bunch. Not sure if fog lamps are available. I thought I heard something that they were not. If true that would be a big mistake. The rear lights are like the ATS/XTS and not as nice as the 08-12 lights IMO. The new engine hood and front grille help distinguish the CTS from the ATS/XTS with all 3 looking a lot like the other IMO. No talk about HUD or ambient lighting. They said roof line down an inch so I would guess its gonna be a real challenge with headroom with the ubiquitous sunroofs. I am sure most of you know a lot more about them as I haven't really checked out the configurations and options on the website yet. Show is worth catching.
    I DVR the show so I'll check it out.

Re: 2014 CTS Review on Motorweek

Just found wording on Cadillac website saying the LED config eliminated the need for fog lamps.

----------

Another update - description of VSPORT Premium - This enhanced package features reconfigurable gauge cluster, full-color Head-Up Display, heated outboard rear seats, Trizone climate control, 20-way adjustable front seats, an UltraView sunroof, Driver Assist Package and 18” Ultrabright wheels.

Sure hope you dont need to get this config in order to have HUD or configurable console cluster!!! VSPORT config includes the new TT V6 engine as its main option.

Just did a build and what sticker shock awaits. Reviewed models side by side for options. I will say there are plenty nice standard options that bring models less than Premium up to nice setups.
    I chose the midline Performance model with some eclectic options. With the noted standard features and inclusion of the Lux, Drivers Awareness and seating std features, things start out well. Chose the 3.6 VVT engine as I have now(more horses with new CTS). RWD - live in SC during winter - and one nice surprise - NAV comes STD with CUE for Performance model. So there is still something folks can complain about with the new CUE and NAV given everybody wanted the NAV in the past but were always quick to complain(rightly so in some cases). HUD also standard along with new saftey features and imbedded turning lights in side mirrors.
    I can easily avoid the VFORCE with the TT V6 and its need for Premium fuel. I added configurable console and bypassed some advanced security that has adaptive CC. Got premium paint - avoided the new Plum color and went with Black DIamond. Not sure about many choices for inside color choices. Gettting 8 speed trans std which is nice.

Wound up nicely equipped at $64K(ouch)! Options and packages are going to make your dream model hard to find and ordering might be the best way to go. Electric steering std. So overall I could be comfortable in this setup. Needs some refinement but given almost all are out of reach financially, this is a nice dream.
    Now if I can wear a hat and still fit in OK w/o hitting the sunroof.
    Gas mileage continues to disappoint - re: new BMW model 328D I think - comes with diesel and 40 mpg. Wow. So is diesel next for CTS?
    Just thinking - my 08 would have been paid off last spring. Now into second year on 12 Coupe, so trade in will be interesting. Of course, not a dime will come off MSRP although this time around- should I make it to showroom - would be a requirement. Has to be with all the price increases.
    Nuf rambling - go check build and have fun. Process is laid out nicely allowing easy side steps to inspect option and do comparisons.
    Headed to SC for winter so will get oil changed and try to explain how to rotate tires on a coupe. Dont know what merit this has but it is recommended. Will see whats on the lot. Doubt I will find one w/o front license bracket. Car would be registered in SC so no front brackets needed.
    Pet Peeve - at these levels I cant get premium floormats amazes. Go get em.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

They showed that episode on PBS a week ago so I was able to watch it then. Definitely meh on the new CTS. You can get a 2014 CTS-V coupe or wagon for about the same price as the Vsport. If I was in the market and could afford the gas, I'd go with the V over the Vsport anyday. Talk to me when they make an ATS coupe Vsport and we'll see where that will be priced. I can forgive Cadillac for 2013 and 2014 as being transition model years, but with the price of the CTS and the ELR, and with nothing reasonably priced on the horizon, I may be keeping my beautiful coupe for a while (had no plans on anything right now anyway, but just saying).

blankster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD 3.6 DI (Sold)

I've been looking at the Mercedes site as well as some of the models in the parking lot (zone office is in my building). At the price of the 2014 CTS sedan the E350 4matic is starting to look pretty good to me.

BreakingThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium

In response to the OP, interior ambient lighting is available on the '14 CTS. It's highlighted on the Cadillac site amongst the glossy "brochure" page as I call them. Not sure a) if standard across all trims or b) if it includes footwell lighting as well as dash / door lighting. I really like the front and rear footwell lighting on my '08 and it's a shame they removed it from later MY's.

No footwell lighting - a big blunder IMO - I hardly ever realize I have ambient with just the strip along dash. Tried to get dealer to install floorwell lighting - you can get parts - but wont work with dash lights combined. Must cause a major explosion if both installed. No guts no glory. No one interested at dealer.

Stand corrected - Just checked a Premium AWD 2014 CTS sticker in lot(via web) and it speaks of footwell ambient lighting. Goes for $71K with floor mats. And as indicated, only 6 speed trans with AWD. Its a Black Diamond. Getting oil changed so will check it out. No RWDs in inventory.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.