2009 CTS Manual Transmission and LSD Oil Change
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jurzdevil
  • 1 Post By tinman
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2009 CTS Manual Transmission and LSD Oil Change in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I just changed the oil in my manual transmission and limited slip differential. Fairly painless process, toughest part is getting ...
    jurzdevil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI FE3 MN6

2009 CTS Manual Transmission and LSD Oil Change

I just changed the oil in my manual transmission and limited slip differential. Fairly painless process, toughest part is getting the car level on 4 jackstands.

I got started here http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...w-lsd-pic.html but noticed some differences. I have an 09 3.6 DI with MN6, FE3 suspension and the LSD. The pic below is the fill/drain plugs on my differential. I used the same Royal Purple 75W-90 gear oil with the friction additive. 10mm hex key for each plug.

lsd.jpg

I found some info on the 6 speed manual over at the Camaro forums. Same Aisin AY6 was used there. Transmission takes 1.9 quarts of 75W-90. I used Pennzoil Synchromesh as it met the GM recommendation for transmissions with synchronizers. The space around the transmission is a bit tighter than on the Camaro but its still easy. Both pictures are from the drivers side. Plugs are both 15/16".

transdrain.jpg
    transfill.jpg
    Merge and OMG like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Re: 2009 CTS Manual Transmission and LSD Oil Change

Sigh, I wish I could use this info, but I drive a slushbox.
    EVH5150 likes this.

JCBCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Base Manual Tran

I have the other V6 Manual - Ok that is exaggeration but they're aren't many of them out there! Below is the link to the Camaro thread detailing the fluid change. Thanks for posting the pics. I have 50k on my 2008 and I'm going to change mine soon and might as well do the differential while i'm at it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100836

JCBCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Base Manual Tran

I changed my Manual Transmission and Rear Differential (RWD) fluid this weekend. Used 2 quarts of Valvoline Synchromesh in the tran and 2 qts of Lucas 75W90 synthetic in the differential. Easy job - thanks for the pictures. Also I found this very detailed information on the AY6 transmission. Some light reading for those of you with the Manual Transmission!

http://www.anxa.de/camaro2010/werkst...rans%20ay6.pdf

OMG
    OMG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 3.6DI

Gawd I wish I had a manual (jealous here) you have the combo I originally wanted (manual with FE3). Miss rowing the gear so BAD!

Anyways enough crying from me. Awesome write up and thanks for the link to my thread!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.