Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Considering an 08 CTS, thoughts?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  SC2150 
#1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum here and I'm considering a 2008 CTS with performance package. 54k miles and non-DI AFAIK. Thunder gray. It's a local Cadillac dealer, price is $17k but they are no haggle like CarMax. It's a little more than I was looking to spend but seems like a pretty good price based on what I've seen for sale in my area. Does this seem like a good deal, assuming no defects? I drove it a couple days ago and it looks and runs like new. Would the DI engine really make a big difference?

I'm pretty much down to this or a similar 3 series, but not in a huge hurry to buy so I want to make sure I'm getting a good deal. Anyone have experience with the E90 who can offer a comparison?

Thanks for the opinions!

#2 ·
I have an 08 (Thunder Gray) and it has been good to me, not my primary car, garage kept & covered but if I had to do it over, I would. :).

Some here have had issues with the 08 and it appears most issues are corrected with newer models (this is typical).
If you have keyless entry- verify door switch has been replaced. I would also suggest that the battery be replaced if original

#3 ·
i'd say get a higher mileage premium one for that price. pretty much all the premium features are really nice (remote start, keyless entry, keyless ignition, power tilt steering wheel which actually gets out of the way as you exit the car, trunk pass through, heated AND cooled seats, much better headlights, ect)

i think there was a performance premium package too, with the sport suspension in addition to the premium features, but those are going to be rare. more than worth it to drive a hundred miles or more to get one though.

#4 ·
Just to show you the value of internet information and comment, d'ohkitch does not, and has not ever owned a CTS, so take the comment for what it's worth.

From someone who has actually owned an '08 CTS, avoid it like the plague, nothing but a hanger queen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.