New Owner of 2010 CTS Luxury 3.0 Sportwagon (Thunder Gray, w Nav)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, New Owner of 2010 CTS Luxury 3.0 Sportwagon (Thunder Gray, w Nav) in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Purchased 3 weeks ago with 15k thousand miles. With extended warranty until 100k or 2020 - whichever comes first Preface: ...
    Johnny Dee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS SPORT WAGON 3.0 THUNDER GRAY RWD

New Owner of 2010 CTS Luxury 3.0 Sportwagon (Thunder Gray, w Nav)

Purchased 3 weeks ago with 15k thousand miles. With extended warranty until 100k or 2020 - whichever comes first

Preface:
    After a prolonged 5 month search (and more research) for a new (to me) automobile/truck I was lead to, of all places, the Sportwagon. When my search initiated I had no intention at all of going with a cadi. I had a set of criteria that the car/truck had to meet and nothing was fitting.
    It started to narrow with the 2014 Impala. I liked it and what I was hearing but for what I wanted it was way out my price range. That led me to Buick. They were nice but I wanted more cargo space. After test driving a few Buicks the salesman asked if I would like a Cadillac. I kinda snickered, turned my head away and rolled my eyes, Cadillac? No way - having heard horror stories about their reliability issues, but that was back in my bow tie (LT1 and LS1 Z28's) muscle car days of the late nineties and early 2000's.
    Later that week I remembered the salesman's Cadi comment and did a little digging. Reliability is better than Buick (now) - CHECK.
    MPG is not great but doable - CHECK. The clincher: They offer the CTS in a wagon, not only that - it looked really cool as well - SOLD
    Started reading this forum to hear what people were saying and was not even put off by Tinman's tranny issues....
    First Impressions:
    This car is awesome. The ride is smooth and quiet, yet it corners and brakes like a sports car. The interrior (for it's class) is, in my
    opinion, the best design by far out there. The "v" theme is represented inside and out in a classy throw back way- very well
    thought out by GM. To me it is even better than the '14 -where the "v" theme is all but gone. Though the instrument screen on the'14 is very very cool! Test drove an ATS with the touch sensitive center stack - and hated it and all it's finger prints.
    The seats are fine, a bit firm - but fine.
    The sluggish (low end) starting is OK by me. If I wanted the muscle I would not even consider the 3.6 - I would be going 6.0 all the way. The upper end power is quite sufficeint.
    MPG on the highway with AC running has been 25mpg - which is - again - OK.
    My taillights were starting to pull away at the top, like others here and the drivers side headlamp had condensation build up after my first rain experience. Took it to the dealer, they did not replace the taillights but did the 2x sided tape - does not look too bad but not right. They did replace the headlamp - no charge with BTB still in effect.
    Noticed my sunroof only opens 3/4 of the way on the first press of the button, second press and it opens all the way -
    Is this normal?

Also they had to replace my fuel pump - again no charge.
    In short - I Love This Car!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Re: New Owner of 2010 CTS Luxury 3.0 Sportwagon (Thunder Gray, w Nav)

Congrats and welcome aboard!!!

You will love your Caddy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dee View Post
    Purchased 3 weeks ago with 15k thousand miles. With extended warranty until 100k or 2020 - whichever comes first

Preface:
    After a prolonged 5 month search (and more research) for a new (to me) automobile/truck I was lead to, of all places, the Sportwagon. When my search initiated I had no intention at all of going with a cadi. I had a set of criteria that the car/truck had to meet and nothing was fitting.
    It started to narrow with the 2014 Impala. I liked it and what I was hearing but for what I wanted it was way out my price range. That led me to Buick. They were nice but I wanted more cargo space. After test driving a few Buicks the salesman asked if I would like a Cadillac. I kinda snickered, turned my head away and rolled my eyes, Cadillac? No way - having heard horror stories about their reliability issues, but that was back in my bow tie (LT1 and LS1 Z28's) muscle car days of the late nineties and early 2000's.
    Later that week I remembered the salesman's Cadi comment and did a little digging. Reliability is better than Buick (now) - CHECK.
    MPG is not great but doable - CHECK. The clincher: They offer the CTS in a wagon, not only that - it looked really cool as well - SOLD
    Started reading this forum to hear what people were saying and was not even put off by Tinman's tranny issues....
    First Impressions:
    This car is awesome. The ride is smooth and quiet, yet it corners and brakes like a sports car. The interrior (for it's class) is, in my
    opinion, the best design by far out there. The "v" theme is represented inside and out in a classy throw back way- very well
    thought out by GM. To me it is even better than the '14 -where the "v" theme is all but gone. Though the instrument screen on the'14 is very very cool! Test drove an ATS with the touch sensitive center stack - and hated it and all it's finger prints.
    The sluggish (low end) starting is OK by me. If I wanted the muscle I would not even consider the 3.6 - I would be going 6.0 all the way. The upper end power is quite sufficeint.
    My taillights were starting to pull away at the top, like others here and the drivers side headlamp had condensation build up after my first rain experience. Took it to the dealer, they did not replace the taillights but did the 2x sided tape - does not look too bad but not right. They did replace the headlamp - no charge with BTB still in effect.
    Noticed my sunroof only opens 3/4 of the way on the first press of the button, second press and it opens all the way -
    Is this normal?

BreakingThrough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium

Is this normal?
    [/B]
    Welcome to the club. I was behind a Sportwagon the other night on the freeway and was admiring what a cool design the wagon really is. The taillights look great at night -- I think they inspired the design that's appearing on the new Escalades.

It's normal for the sunroof to open only 75% on first press. Apparently Cadillac decided that this is the "comfort" setting (I forgot the exact term) that limits wind noise and buffeting at speed. Just be glad you don't have a "quirky" '08 sunroof (like mine) that doesn't like to close all the way on first press.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Preface:
    First Impressions:
    Is this normal?

Welcome to Cadillac Owners, Johnny Dee. We are happy to have you part of the community. I am glad you love your CTS Sport Wagon so far! Continue to enjoy your ride. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to assist. If any questions or concerns arise, please reach out to us via private message so we can help.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Welcome aboard, Big Guy! Always glad to have a fellow wagoneer with us. Little by little we are taking over the world!

I'm glad you were not put off by my tranny issues. I believe they were more of a "one off" and not the norm. I would have never pitched such a big bitch if they had correctly fixed it the very first time. That being said, the wagon is awesome. Look forward to your contributions.

I agree with the ATS fingerprints all over everywhere. I was turned off by that, too. As far as the sunroof opening at 3/4 the first attempt, like Breaking Through said it is normal. They say that is from wind tunnel testing and is the "quietest" position overall. Screw 'em, I wish we could override that for a one touch fully open button. Minor complaints. Enjoy your ride. What color?

Johnny Dee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS SPORT WAGON 3.0 THUNDER GRAY RWD

Tin Man - Thunder Gray
    Thanks All!

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

TGC is an awesome color. Ya' done good!

Tom Wheeler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX, 2012 CTS Sport Wagon

Welcome to club wagon...you got to love them.....congrats.
    Tom
    Attached Images

Dave1442397 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 RWD Sport Wagon

Good choice!

Like you, I was looking around for something that had cargo room but wasn't an SUV. It also had to have some power, because I tend to kill smaller engines the way I drive.

Once I found all the positive reviews on the CTS Wagon, I started looking around and found one at an Acura dealer an hour from my house. 34,000 miles later I still love it!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.