Rear Headliner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Rear Headliner in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hey everyone!! I am new to this forum but am hoping someone can help me out. I purchased a 2013 ...
    bruggles812 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Coupe

Rear Headliner

Hey everyone!! I am new to this forum but am hoping someone can help me out. I purchased a 2013 Cadillac CTS Coupe with premium, level 2 luxury package this week and absolutely love the vehicle.. BUT, one thing I found odd and am hoping I am not the only one.

The front headliner where it meets the windshield and tight to the window but the back is a different story. From the roofline, it is great and tight to the back window, but the sides aren't... there is actually a visible gap on both sides to where I can actually see the wiring behind the liner if looking in the back window from outside. Anyone else notice this in their coupe? Similar one's at the dealership had this as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Picture?

Re: Rear Headliner

I wish I could.... it won't upload.

mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    You just bought it....take it to the dealer and have them fox it. Even without being able to see it, it clearly doesn't sound right.
    Tbbt likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by bruggles812 View Post
    Hey everyone!! I am new to this forum but am hoping someone can help me out. I purchased a 2013 Cadillac CTS Coupe with premium, level 2 luxury package this week and absolutely love the vehicle.. BUT, one thing I found odd and am hoping I am not the only one.

The front headliner where it meets the windshield and tight to the window but the back is a different story. From the roofline, it is great and tight to the back window, but the sides aren't... there is actually a visible gap on both sides to where I can actually see the wiring behind the liner if looking in the back window from outside. Anyone else notice this in their coupe? Similar one's at the dealership had this as well.
    Welcome to Cadillac Owners, bruggles812! We are happy to welcome you to the community. Congrats on your recent purchase of a 2013 CTS. I am sorry you are noticing an issue with the front headliner. I recommend bringing your vehicle into the dealer and have them check this out. If you would like our assistance throughout this process, please let us know. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to assist. We can be contacted via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hi Laura, it is actually the REAR headliner on the right side at the "C" post. the left side isn't as bad as the right. I did indeed take it to the Cadillac dealership today and they tried to mold the liner back without any luck and no recommendation for further correction. I can actually see the wiring from looking in the back window. I tried to post a photo here, but it won't upload.

mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    Quote Originally Posted by bruggles812
    Hi Laura, it is actually the REAR headliner on the right side at the "C" post. the left side isn't as bad as the right. I did indeed take it to the Cadillac dealership today and they tried to mold the liner back without any luck and no recommendation for further correction. I can actually see the wiring from looking in the back window. I tried to post a photo here, but it won't upload.
    No recommendation for further correction??? That's BS!! It's a brand new car! If they can't fix the headliner that's in the car they should be replacing it with a new one, no questions asked. Sounds to me like you need to find a new dealer. My mind is blown at what some of these dealers consider problem solving and customer service. Oh, we can't fix it, I guess you will just have to live with it....unbelievable.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Upload a picture to www.photobucket.com , and post the IMG code here.

...Go back to the dealer, straight to the managers office, and demand they install a new headliner.

Is that a separate piece if trim for the C pillar/sail panel, or is it actually part of the headliner?

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

From your photos it's hard to see what you are wanting us to see. Mine has a slight space but I think that's because there is an air bag behind there.

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess
    From your photos it's hard to see what you are wanting us to see.
    The edge of the trim panel is visible from outside of the car. The black area around the edge of the glass is supposed to hide that, but the panel isn't positioned correctly . The gap is large enough that the wiring harness is visible if you look through the window at an angle.

Either the panel is misshapen, not properly installed, retainers are broken/missing, or the harness is not positioned correctly, and is holding the panel out of position.

bruggels812,

I see you have not reached the suggested amount of posts to send a private message. You can can certainly send an email as Laura stated previously. We would certainly be able to reach out to your dealership for other options. Please email socialmedia@gm.com ATTN: Laura or Gregory

Erica Tiffany (Assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Well, here is an update... took the car to the dealership today. They are ordering two new panels BUT the two 2014 coupes (new) are doing the same thing... I also saw a 2011 coupe that looks even worse. They took the panels off and there is only ONE clip to hold the one end... nothing in the middle at all!!! Definitely would seem to be a design flaw.. come one Cadillac, do something to make this right..

Quote Originally Posted by bruggles812 View Post
    Well, here is an update... took the car to the dealership today. They are ordering two new panels BUT the two 2014 coupes (new) are doing the same thing... I also saw a 2011 coupe that looks even worse. They took the panels off and there is only ONE clip to hold the one end... nothing in the middle at all!!! Definitely would seem to be a design flaw.. come one Cadillac, do something to make this right..
    Hello bruggles812,

I am glad the dealer is working with you towards resolving your concern with your rear headliner. I understand your frustration with this situation and I am sorry for any inconvenience this has been. Please continue to keep us updated. I see Erica provided the email address for you to contact us by if you are unable to send a private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.