2010 CTS Premium to buy or not!?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By C "T" ess
  • 1 Post By Tbbt
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2010 CTS Premium to buy or not!? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello all, we are at a crossroads in buying a new (leftover) 2013 ATS OR A used 2010 CTS Wagon ...
    CadiOne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS WAGON

2010 CTS Premium to buy or not!?

Hello all, we are at a crossroads in buying a new (leftover) 2013 ATS OR A used 2010 CTS Wagon premium model with the 3.6 GDI engine with 12,800 miles. The price for the CTS is $31,000 down from the dealer's original asking price $34,000

Attachment 151921

image.jpg

Is $31,000 a fair price? Anything I should look or ask for? We like that it has under 13,000 miles on it!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE...

Cheers!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2010 CTS Premium to buy or not!?

Re: Pricing... We are located in the NYC Area

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

Really like the color and really like wagons.

31 would be a decent price here (OH) for an `11 so that might be fair for a NY `10 Don`t know east coast prices

Squeeze them for 30, all they can say is no. You have the same option.

Good luck

05 Evo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I was just looking at a 2010 premium in NJ the other day that has 32k on it for $27,995. Has a scuff or 2 on the wheels and some front lip scrapes on the undertray from bumping curbs. May think about offering $25k which I feel should be a good price. Car is black on black.

mcneill8328 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Premium Pkg
    31k seems like a fair price to me, but the question you really need to ask yourself is what kind of car do you really want? Those are two very different vehicles.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I don't think you will ever get a shot at a CTS wagon again and it's such a pretty car. Ask the service writer at the dealership print out a copy of the repairs done to the car. You will get more insight that will help with your decision.
    99flhr likes this.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Yeh if you have kids or will have frequent back seat passengers then you would want the more room with the Wagon

explorenorth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6 AWD

Potentially poor resale is what stopped me from buying a 2010 3.6 wagon this past Spring - wagons are a pretty small market. I went for a 2010 3.6 sedan instead. I paid $32k but am in Canada.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Double edged sword, less market but the people buying wagons are looking for a wagon.

CRC2362 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium, Crystal Red; 1964 Series 62, Beacon Blue

I just bought a '10 CTS Premium crystal red with 14,600 miles (Sept. 12th) and paid $31,999. I am completely satisfied, it's a beautiful car. I bought it a Dimmitt Cadillac in Clearwater, FL.

Douglas Rome is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-4 3.0 Base sedan 2nd owner bought used 22Kmi

the way I look at buying a car, new or used, is get exactly what you want. By that I mean the model,
    the color, the miles if used, etc., etc. There is a car out there that meets your criteria, it may take a little
    time finding it, but it's out there. Let a couple salesmen do the leg work for you, tell them what you have
    in mind and go from there, with the internet now days it's an easy task. wouldn't have worked 20yrs ago. thanks douglas

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by CRC2362 View Post
    I just bought a '10 CTS Premium crystal red with 14,600 miles (Sept. 12th) and paid $31,999. I am completely satisfied, it's a beautiful car. I bought it a Dimmitt Cadillac in Clearwater, FL.
    Congratulations on your recent purchase of a 2010 CTS, CRC2362! I am glad you are satisfied with your vehicle. Continue to enjoy your Cadillac. If you have any questions, please contact us via private message so we can assist.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

joekitch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

my opinions are unpopular around here but i'd say;
    shoot for something with more like 60,000+ miles on it. that's long enough for most of the bad things from the factory to have been replaced, but not quite long enough for a neglectful previous owner to ruin it.
    also it's a lot cheaper. you could probably get a wagon with that many miles for more like 25,000

One week ago we bought the 3.6 Premium Wagon AWD...Diamond Tricoat/cashmere. We have to learn so much :-)how to reset voice recoconition from to my voice as the previous owner's settings is still there. How to delete previous owners settings in the NAV and AM/FM etc station presettings. I have some "What's that?" Questions BUT I WILL search through this forum to try to find the answers here before I start to bother folks with noob-posts.

Cheers!

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Cadione,

Did you buy one you were looking at in post 1? What was your purchase price? I have the same wagon and love mine.

The owners manual is full of great info. Sit down and study your manual before you ask embarrassing newb questions. Search the forum at length and you won't have too many questions. Don't worry about asking real questions!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your CTS! Marv
    tinman likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.