Service break assist, traction control, & stabilitrak; bad wheel bearing!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Service break assist, traction control, & stabilitrak; bad wheel bearing! in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I just took my 2008 CTS4 in because the "service break assist", "service traction control", and "service stabilitrak" all came ...
    adamhowell1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4 3.6L

Service break assist, traction control, & stabilitrak; bad wheel bearing!

I just took my 2008 CTS4 in because the "service break assist", "service traction control", and "service stabilitrak" all came on simultaneously. The code said that the right rear speed sensor was bad, however after having it replaced, the issues weren't resolved. Just got word back that the right rear wheel bearing is bad. I have 76k miles on the vehicle. Was under warranty until 2 weeks ago! Never had to use the GM top of the line warranty that I paid $2k for which covered me for 2 years or 89k miles. This is the second CTS I've owned that had a wheel bearing go bad! I've owned other vehicles that had many more miles on them and never had issues with the wheel bearings. Hopefully Cadillac makes an intelligent decision to cover this under the circumstances, otherwise my next vehicle won't be boasting that beautiful coat of arms! Anyone else have similar issues with the wheel bearings? If this is a trend with the CTS...why haven't they figured it out? I'm disappointed at the moment....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Re: Service break assist, traction control, & stabilitrak; bad wheel bearing!

Why the double post? only serves to diminish responses and leaves future searches more difficult. Please don' t do it!

tesfrank is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): seville STS

Hello,

Were you able to get it fixed? I have the same issue and I can't find the problem.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by adamhowell1 View Post
    I just took my 2008 CTS4 in because the "service break assist", "service traction control", and "service stabilitrak" all came on simultaneously. The code said that the right rear speed sensor was bad, however after having it replaced, the issues weren't resolved. Just got word back that the right rear wheel bearing is bad. I have 76k miles on the vehicle. Was under warranty until 2 weeks ago! Never had to use the GM top of the line warranty that I paid $2k for which covered me for 2 years or 89k miles. This is the second CTS I've owned that had a wheel bearing go bad! I've owned other vehicles that had many more miles on them and never had issues with the wheel bearings. Hopefully Cadillac makes an intelligent decision to cover this under the circumstances, otherwise my next vehicle won't be boasting that beautiful coat of arms! Anyone else have similar issues with the wheel bearings? If this is a trend with the CTS...why haven't they figured it out? I'm disappointed at the moment....
    Hello adamhowell1,

I am sorry to hear that you experienced this concern with your wheel bearing in your CTS. I would like to look into this situation further on your behalf and I see that Laura reached out to you as well. If you are unable to private message us the information Laura requested, you can also reach out to us at socialmedia@gm.com. Please be sure to include “ATTN GREG/LAURA” so that it gets delivered straight to one of us. Thank you very much for your time. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by tesfrank View Post
    Hello,

Were you able to get it fixed? I have the same issue and I can't find the problem.
    Hello tesfrank,

I apologize that you have experienced this issue as well. Have you thought about reached out to Cadillac Customer Care of Canada? Unfortunately our team is only equipped to work within the United States at this time. If you would like to reach out to them, you can contact them at 1-888-446-2000 Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 11:30PM EST and Saturday 7:30AM to 6PM EST. I hope this information helps! Please keep us updated on your situation as well.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

like2drive is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere

Just had the right rear bearing replaced last week at my dealer (car has 57,500 miles). Luckily, it was covered under the powertrain warranty. Few years back, the right front bearing was also replaced. I agree with you, the CTS seems to have this issue. I talked to the mechanic who worked on my car and said that it's usually front bearings that fail on the CTS.
    If it is that much of an issue on the CTS, I hope GM will step-up and either issue recalls or cover the bearings for an extended period of time....!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by like2drive View Post
    Just had the right rear bearing replaced last week at my dealer (car has 57,500 miles). Luckily, it was covered under the powertrain warranty. Few years back, the right front bearing was also replaced. I agree with you, the CTS seems to have this issue. I talked to the mechanic who worked on my car and said that it's usually front bearings that fail on the CTS.
    If it is that much of an issue on the CTS, I hope GM will step-up and either issue recalls or cover the bearings for an extended period of time....!!!!
    Hello like2drive,

I understand you and other CTS owners concern of having a bad wheel bearing. We look at each customer on a case-by-case basis when handling any vehicle issue. I see you were covered under warranty and recently had this replacement performed at your local dealer. I apologize for any inconvenience this was for you throughout this process. If you would like to further discuss anything, Gregory and I are here to assist. We can be contacted via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

like2drive is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS RWD 3.6L SFI Black Cherry / Cashmere

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello like2drive,

I understand you and other CTS owners concern of having a bad wheel bearing. We look at each customer on a case-by-case basis when handling any vehicle issue. I see you were covered under warranty and recently had this replacement performed at your local dealer. I apologize for any inconvenience this was for you throughout this process. If you would like to further discuss anything, Gregory and I are here to assist. We can be contacted via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks Laura for your help and monitoring this forum closely!!

Quote Originally Posted by like2drive View Post
    Thanks Laura for your help and monitoring this forum closely!!
    You are very welcome, like2drive! We are happy to assist the best we can.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.